The Work and the Glory II: American Zion Reviews

puffchunk
½ March 10, 2008
I think i've seen it. Not too memorable.
June 20, 2007
Oh my gosh Eric Johnson is my hero, there is no better Joshua in existence, & Jonathan Scarfe & Alexander Carroll are awesome as well
June 12, 2007
i saw it in theatres but haven't seen it since, but i remember loving it, and crying most of the way through it
April 19, 2007
a sad life to lead away from your family and burning houses on accident. family is so much better then without!
½ March 3, 2007
Only reason its not the same as the first is the younger brothers' girl isn't the same person/as pretty as the first.
CloudIsAMonkey
½ January 26, 2007
It was alright... but I'd just never, ever want to see it again, that's all.

Well maybe once or twice.

I mostly just don't like the religion dealie.
November 9, 2006
The ending of this movie drove me nuts. I ended up reading the books just to see what happened. I couldn't wait for the next movie to come out.
September 11, 2006
I don't think number two is as good as number one, but it's still entertaining. We get to go deeper into the Steed family's lives. We've moved on from Nathan and Lydia and into more aspects of the early Church history. Not to say that I don't like the love story between Nathan and Lydia, but since the producers for some reason chose another actress to play Lydia, her character has kind of gone downhill a little. Aside from that, we get a powerful performance from the actor who plays Joseph Smith and also from the actor who plays Joshua.
August 3, 2006
i loved it!!!!! the end was kida wierd though like the guys house burns down but like then......never mind ill ruin it!!!!
May 14, 2006
A strong companion piece to the first. Filled with emotion, passion and heart. A wonderful period piece about the struggles of the LDS church in its earliest days.
April 20, 2006
ths was a good movie i loved it! but the only thing that i didn't like is how they combined books i got my hopes up.
April 17, 2006
This movie is educational, if you know the real from the fictional. Great acting, and definitely a good story line.
January 29, 2012
Watched it again after a few years and loved it ! I had really high expectations the first time but watching it again was great...
November 3, 2010
I liked this one pretty well actually
May 15, 2006
Great Movie! Actors are wonderful and the story is great!
½ October 24, 2005
A driven follow-up to the first Work and the Glory. It will be hard to fully judge the the emotion on this one, until the 3rd one comes out as this feels like act 1 of a 2 act play with part 3 wrapping it up. The storyline's are being built up, until the cliffhanger ending leaves you wondering. The actors portraying Joshua and Joseph did a good job with their increased roles in this film. It is well put together for what could have been a "docudrama" with real history tied around a ficticious family. The sets and acting are good enough to pull you into 1830's america. Anyone with an open mind to look past the religious overtones will recognize a piece of American history and how the pioneers dealt with the persecution.