—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Working Girl Reviews

April 17, 2013
Very entertaining movie.
The only thing dragging it down is that Melanie Griffith's acting is pretty stale.
March 3, 2011
Interesting comedy-drama. Ending is a bit Hollywoodish but the setup and plot development are good. Also has a bit of female-corporate-empowerment message, though not a very powerful one.

Solid performance from Melanie Griffith in the lead role. Signourney Weaver, especially, and Harrison Ford outperform Griffith though. Decent support performances from Joan Cusack and Alec Baldwin. Interesting to note that the cast includes Kevin Spacey, Olympia Dukakis and Oliver Platt in minor roles and David Duchovny in a very minor, fleeting, role.
April 5, 2013
melanie griffith is so bad that i pity harrisson ford for havin to play as her love interest. 3 stars for sigourney and ford, but not for melanie griffith
lilshorty69er
March 23, 2007
I never knew, Harrison Ford played in a rom com before, it sounded very strange, but I had to give the movie a watch. Was this a good movie? Sort of, I guess! This film, Working Girl does have potential in it and I do enjoy how they made this movie about a girl's life in the workforce and not just a cheesy romance movie, but of course when the movie starts getting towards the middle, its starts becoming a cheesy romance movie. Director, Mike Nichols has directed much better films in his past like, The Graduate and The Birdcage, but I still think he did a pretty good job with this movie. I think what bothered me the most about this movie was how cliched it was, almost every scene in this movie has either cliched lines or cliched characters. Another thing that I had a problem with was the comedy, I didn't find much things funny in this film, which is a problem because it's still a comedy. But the good things in this movie are really good, like the direction was pretty good and the performances by, Harrison Ford, Melanie Griffith and Sigourney Weaver were top notch. So, if you want to see a movie with great acting and pretty decent direction, then check this one out, but if you want to watch a movie that will make you laugh from start to finish, then I would skip this movie.
February 18, 2013
i have a head for business, and a body for sin! truer words were never spoker!
FilmFreak93
January 13, 2013
Mike Nichols' Working Girl is set in New York, where the young working-class stockbroker Tess (Melanie Griffith) is transferred once again because of her stubbornness. This time she's appointed secretary for the ice cold beauty Katherine Parker (Sigourney Weaver) who encourage Tess to follow her ideas, one of them whom Tess share with Parker. One week when Parker is
Danwah
January 9, 2013
Boring, lifeless and drab.
January 9, 2013
Boring, lifeless and drab.
January 20, 2008
Melanie Griffith is good, but the rest...
fordmarkII
December 21, 2012
Funny and has its slight quirks. Just wait 'til Mel's character dresses as Sigourney, oah. They're both stunning.
December 10, 2012
Melanie Griffith is a secretary who impersonates her boss, Siguorney Weaver, to sell her idea in the world of mergers and acquisitions. Harrison Ford is the third member of the triangle. An inspirational be true to your dream movie, starring a truly underrated actress.
June 26, 2007
Terrific comedy. The only good thing Melanie Griffith has ever done. The whole cast was incredible. A young Alec Baldwin was especially memorable.
Robyn M.
September 26, 2012
Watching Working Girl 20 some odd years after its release, it's hard not to dismiss it as a dated satire of the corporate world of the 1980's. At the same time, that's part of the movie's charm. Even though 20 years has made the costumes, hair, and production design irritating, the charm and intelligence of Mike Nichols' Cinderella story still shine through.
September 13, 2012
A movie where you see the backstabbing potential of woman power at work. Contrary to the belief's of Harrison Ford and Joan Cusack, this movie certainly did not get buried under a little piece of tape and does not need to be made of leather to be good.
helloallhiall
August 19, 2012
I think i saw this film long long time ago, when i totally had no idea what American movie and Hollywood is, when i was too young to know the world on the another side of the Pacific Ocean. The only scene i remembered clearly till now is a woman with long black coat, working in the skyscraper in a big modern city of U.S.. That's probably the first time that the Hollywood product sowed a seed which instilled the concept of 'American dreams' in my heart. Of course accordingly, i was deeply shocked by the film and for the first time felt that comfortable and hopeful for the society shown in the movie.
August 4, 2012
Pretty good romantic film, that could have been right out of the 1950's had there not been so much nudity.
July 26, 2012
Huge hair. They tried to make a female-powered movie but undermined it with...being stupid.
July 25, 2012
Nice storyline, nice performances.
July 23, 2012
Growing up I wanted to be Melanie in Working Girl. LOL.