RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: World War Z and The Bling Ring
Plus, Steven Soderbergh's Liberace biopic and a slew of smaller films.
This week on home video, we've got a pair notably different book adaptations (a biopic of Liberace and a zombie outbreak movie), Sofia Coppola's ripped-from-the-headlines crime drama, and a bunch of limited releases you may not have seen. Then, we've got a couple of scary movies ahead of Halloween (more surely to come in subsequent weeks), and two more choices from The Criterion Collection. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Gimme the Loot (92%), an urban drama about two Bronx teens who spend two days scheming and hustling to raise $500 for a graffiti stunt.
- Russian import In the Fog (89%), about an innocent rail worker in 1942 suspected of treason who is faced with a grave moral choice when he is stranded alone in the forest with a wounded enemy.
- The East (74%), starring Brit Marling and Alexander Skarsgård in a thriller about a private intelligence officer who goes undercover to infiltrate an anarchist organization.
- Bless Me, Ultima (71%), an adaptation of the Rudolfo Anaya novel about a boy who is inspired by a mysterious woman with supernatural healing power.
- Disconnect (67%), starring an ensemble cast -- including Jason Bateman, Alexander Skarsgård, Andrea Riseborough, and Hope Davis -- in a drama about the perils of an increasingly interconnected world.
- Drift (28%), starring Sam Worthington in a true story about two surfing brothers in Australia.
- The Hammer horror film Dracula: Prince of Darkness (83%), starring Christopher Lee, is available in a new Blu-ray.
- A Collector's Edition Blu-ray of George Romero's Day of the Dead (81%) is available.
- And lastly, from The Criterion Collection: Ingmar Bergman's Autumn Sonata and Richard Linklater's Slacker are both newly available on DVD and Blu-ray.