World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries 2 Reviews

½ December 2, 2011
While The Zombie Diaries with passable zombie fare with some genuinely brutal twists, its sequel World of the Dead is just boring and pointless from beginning to end. I think both films could have been much scary had they incorporated fast zombies (a la 28 Days Later) instead of the shambling, slow zombies of films like Night of the Living Dead. As it is, there is never any sense of urgency, which is essential to any good found-footage film. Instead, World of the Dead is never scary, engaging, or twisted--it just goes through the cliche zombie film motions in the most boring and repetitive way possible. Its 88-minute run-time seems way too long....
½ March 11, 2015
I'm not even sure why I try. I wouldn't have gotten this trash if it wasn't for my friend at the video store giving it to me for free because the original Zombie Diaries was a huge pile of shit. At least this one is a sliver of a better movie (it's hard to say that). This one deals with the military and very few civilian survivors left as the world has been overtaken by zombies. More zombies in this round but the acting could've been done better by my little neighborhood kids playing in the backyard. Overall, this is a second helping of shit pile from the first film.
October 29, 2013
One line summary: Normals versus zombies and bandits; the viewers lose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set in the UK after some contrived zombie apocalypse. Reporter Leeann follows some British soldiers as they try to survive in the hostile and ever changing situation. They hope to go to Hope's Point on the coast and then to Netherlands. Supposedly there are enough normal humans there to have a viable stronghold.
What could possibly go wrong?
Besides the zombies, the failure of peacekeeping immediately launches a growth industry in banditry. Since zombies have nothing to offer, the bandits are only after normals less well-armed than themselves.
The boat to Rotterdam is leaving at a fixed time on a fixed date. They lose their truck on the first night, so it's forced march through hostile territory.
Fire fights, zombie fights, attempted rapes, and slow progress follow.
The team is down to four fairly soon. They lose a member, then regain one they thought was lost. Still, things are not going well, and their march to the coast does not look possible. The 'final solution' is revealed.
Will the rescue come before the military burns down the UK?
------Scores-------

Cinematography: 0/10 The observed aspect ratio of 1.33, big disappointment. IMDB lists this film as having an aspect of 2.35, but there is no way that this is true. The picture looks like VHS from the 1980s done on bad equipment. Most of the movie is in 'found film' mode, which is a huge minus.

Sound: 3/10 Bad even for Blair Witch style poorness. The gunfire sounds are ridiculous.

Acting: 4/10 Better than expected.

Screenplay: 3/10 There is a narrative, which tells a story of sorts, with plenty of flashbacks. What are the flashbacks for? Watch the whole thing to find out, but it's not worth knowing. The flashbacks just make the film worse. The main story could have been done in much less time. As it is, the film alternates between stretches of complete boredom and short bursts of running or fighting with extremely bad camera work.
½ August 14, 2013
The Zombie Diaries 2 (Michael Bartlett and Kevin Gates, 2011)

Despite everything I know about sequels often being worse than the originals (and sometimes sequels not having a damn thing to do with the originals in the first place-the Zombie "series" of Italian films, for example, don't have a blessed thing to do with one another, starting with a studio christening Lucio Fulci's classic Zombi 2 as a sequel to Romero's Dawn of the Dead, which is just ridiculous), even the idea that The Zombie Diaries 2 implies that The Zombie Diaries exists makes me want to try and avoid ever seeing mention of it. Yet another shakycam attempt at a zombie movie that is utterly devoid of thrills or chills.

We get three somewhat related episodes that focus on the survivors of a military base that's overrun in the first episode (this particular piece of stupidity has been savaged, quite rightly, by any number of users on the IMDB for the mechanism that allows this to happen). The second has our pals-photographer Jones (The Devil's Hand's Rob Oldfield), Maddox (Dawn of the Dragonslayer's Philip Brodie), Kayne (World War Z's Vicky Araico), Jez (Toby Bowman, whose career to date has been the Zombie Diaries franchise, and looking him up at IMDB unfortunately clued me in to the first movie's existence), and Leeann (Elemental Storage's Alix Wilton Regan)-facing off against a band of marauders who are only slightly less stupid than the biker gang in Dawn of the Dead, while the third has them trying to stay alive whilst waiting for boats they found out were on their way to England from an intercepted radio transmission. Nothing new, from the camera angles to the "twist" ending you likely saw coming a mile away. Some decent acting from a few of the principals is about the only thing the movie has going for it. That may be enough for you; it wasn't for me. * 1/2
May 23, 2013
April 4, 2013
This hand held camera rubbish just destroys films, its been so overdone,and this film is a classic example,
January 19, 2013
I found it a bit better than the first, but it has new flaws and less zombies. This time we only focus on one group of characters, but most of the time they're running around off camera and it gets hard to tell what is really going on. For some reason they decided to make the last few minutes of the film regular, instead of the on-camera style. The film could of been executed better, but a few more zombie scenes wouldn't have hurt either.
August 29, 2012
Watching this movie will be sure to turn you into a zombie.
April 7, 2012
Poor sound effects, poor camera works.
November 18, 2011
Dire does not even come close, when the zombies out act the 3rd rate cast you have to worry. Avoid this movie and any future production involving cast or crew.
October 21, 2011
October 20, 2011
Cheap film, the novetly ended 5mins into the film, and it's a wasted of time. Be Warn.
September 18, 2011
Waay Better than most people claim. Sames goes to the first one. Both are between the best of zombie movies of the past years....and in some time are going to be cult movies that every one would claim to "love" , just like romeros first triology
September 7, 2011
THIS LOOKS LIKE THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!
June 30, 2011
Cant wait to see it!
June 23, 2011
Another forgettable addition to the zombie genre in which nothing really stands out to seperate this from its fellow straight-to-disc counterparts.