—— The Identical Sep 05

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Unforgettable: Season 2

The Wraith Reviews

November 15, 2013
Mike Marvin's supernatural revenge flick is the balls. Randy Quaid is quality as the Sheriff, Sheen is cool as fuck in the lead, and all the naddies are grade A mongs, Cassavetes's baddie is a cross between Biff Tannen and Ike Turner. Text book 80's gold.
muffin0681
May 20, 2012
A bizarre and brutal band of road pirates force innocent drivers into unofficial drag races claiming their cars as the prize.

Then...a mysterious stranger arrives with an unbeatable Dodge Turbo Interceptor...black,sleek and awesome. The stranger is "The Wraith", a mysterious other-worldly figure who has a destiny to fulfil and a woman's love to reclaim. He's determined to wage a vendetta against the young punks who ruined his life.

stars Charlie Sheen, Nick Cassacetes, Randy Quaid, Sherilyn Fenn, Griffin O'Neal, Clint Howard, David Sherrill, Jamie Bozian and Matthew Barry.

directed by Mike Marvin.
April 2, 2011
i thought it was cool and had a good feel to it
July 28, 2013
its is my number 2 80's movie because pop molly and i so sweaty
May 13, 2013
Bad Dialog, but nice pics of cars!
April 25, 2013
There's almost zero dramatic progression but it's entertaining and has its 80's charms.
April 11, 2013
An entertaining 80's cheesefest.
March 31, 2013
Adults and sense don't seem to matter or even exist in this small Arizona town where racing for pink slips seems to be the only pass time. The film is nothing more but car racing and mayhem. This spirit is better left alone.
July 5, 2007
Totally forgettable.
toxiemite
March 4, 2013
The best thing about the school holidays is that our kids can stay up later and watch movies with me. They're generally keen to watch older stuff too, particularly from the 80s and tonight I introduced The Wraith to my step-son. It was great to see a kid watch this movie and react to it exactly the same way I did when I was 11. The Wraith was one of those VHS movies that I wore out. I loved it and watching it again as an adult I was taken back to those years. The film is basically a supernatural Mad Max (there's even a futuristic interceptor) and the Max character is actually a resurrected teenager who comes back to exact revenge on the gang that murdered him. Its mostly one racing sequence after another and these scenes are shot affectively. Performance-wise it's really flakey, but the dodgy acting gives it a nice b-movie flavour in my opinion. Nick Cassavetes is the bad-ass gang leader and its weird to watch him knowing that he went on to direct movies like The Notebook and My Sister's Keeper... hehe. What happened to him!?? LOL Its hard to not enjoy The Wraith, especially when you're 11 years old!
February 25, 2013
A silly early Sheen movie, but cool cars.
January 4, 2013
One of my favorite 80's movie.
December 28, 2012
a.k.a PHATOM a.k.a TURBO INTERCEPTOR. Un petit nanar des familles qui pourrait passer pour le pilote de K-2000.
muveeKween
December 14, 2012
Boring, Confusing movie tries to be funny but isn't. There a lot of 80's movies that are WAY funnier than this like "License to Drive" for instance. Skip this garbage.
December 9, 2011
wow I loved this film, Charlie Sheen was great, it was better than what I thought, I thought it was a good film and I own it on DVD, it starred Randy Quaid (Dennis Quaid's older brother)
conielm
November 5, 2012
I can't seem to find this movie anywhere.
March 20, 2012
The "Fast and the Furious" of the 80's, with a touch of sci-fi.
September 23, 2012
Failing in logic, story and imagination.
June 23, 2012
Pretty much a perfect movie.