Something that confuses me a little

I might sound kind of dumb for not getting this, but I was a little confused with how in the scene where Ralph gets brought to the castle in Sugar Rush, and King Candy tells him his medal is "nothing but code now", and also that he "has a glitch to deal with thanks to him", yet later he seems perfectly capable of reaching into the game's code and pulling the medal out to get Ralph out of his hair. Was there a reason he didn't do this initially? Just wondering.
Andrew Brinkerhoff
11-30-2012 11:04 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Ceasar Martinez Sr.

Ceasar Martinez Sr.

King Candy didn't want anyone to know he could access the code, especially with all his 'subject' around him. The only reason he went to get it later in the film was because he felt it was his last resort.

Mar 28 - 01:52 AM

Jimbo Franks

Jimbo Franks

Sometimes people don't have all the answers on the fly. It takes a while to think of something.

Mar 7 - 10:13 AM

Fezzik the Giant

Mathew Steele

Here's a suggestion... maybe there was something religious about the code? As there doesn't seem to be any scientific community among these characters, they probably feel somewhat religious about being a good guy or a bad guy, and manipulating the code might be either A) a profane act or a taboo, or B) something that frightened King Candy. I'm leaning more toward "A."

Mar 6 - 09:08 AM

Achill Van den Broeck

Achill Van den Broeck

You think that's confusing ? How about the end where she declares a constitutional democracy and crowns herself president !! Talking about a glitch hey !

Mar 5 - 07:28 AM

Fezzik the Giant

Mathew Steele

I don't think she "declared" herself president, just tried out the name to see how it sounded.

Mar 6 - 09:06 AM

Kt Chan

Kt Chan

me thinks he didnt want anyone to know he could access the code. because he had changed it once to begin with.

Feb 16 - 05:55 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

no one cares! it was a good movie! don't point out mistakes just enjoy!

Feb 16 - 12:41 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Yeah, don't ever use your brain, just love the movie.

Mar 2 - 04:08 PM

John Howell

John Howell

We have to really expand our belief with this movie to begin with.

Feb 10 - 12:01 AM

Fezzik the Giant

Mathew Steele

You have to expand your belief with any movie you watch... if anyone has reservations about watching an animated fantasy movie, whether it's Disney, Pixar, Gibli or Dreamworks, I have to wonder what they watched growing up?

Mar 6 - 09:10 AM

Ceasar Martinez Sr.

Ceasar Martinez Sr.

couldn't have said it better myself

Mar 28 - 01:52 AM

David Coulton

David Coulton

At that point in time Ralph was not known to be in contact or is helping Venellope attend/win the race. It was after King Candy discovered that Ralph helps her bake her own cart that he went and got his medal.

Dec 31 - 11:25 AM

Anonymous #.

Anonymous #1

Would he really help Ralph?

Dec 27 - 06:24 PM

Anonymous #.

Anonymous #1

Would he really help Ralph?

Dec 27 - 06:24 PM

Davis Adam

Davis Adam

the imaginative ability of the creators of this movie is undeniably impressive.

Dec 9 - 12:59 AM

Nerdboy Dork Lord

Nerdboy Dork Lord

Easy enough to explain: bad guys don't help people. He knew he could get the medal, but he didn't want to. Not until he realized he could use the medal to bribe Ralph into helping him.

Nov 30 - 01:49 PM

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Andrew Brinkerhoff

A-ha...

Nov 30 - 07:07 PM

Shoib Bappi

Shoib Bappi

Perfectly said. After all ... when you realise who King Candy is ... it makes perfect sense.
Personally I didn't really find any flaw with the movie and I watched it 3 times back to back.

Feb 18 - 10:30 PM

Fezzik the Giant

Mathew Steele

Sometimes bad guys help people, but only among their own tribe, or religion, or nation. Doesn't make them any less bad. In terms of movie bad guys, even then they'll help someone if it benefits them.

Mar 6 - 09:11 AM

Kendal Cobb

Kendal Cobb

I'm thinking it just wasn't as urgent of a situation yet.

Nov 30 - 12:44 PM

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Mm, I had that thought shortly after posting. Maybe it's actually really dangerous for someone to enter the code, and he had to use that option as a last resort.

Nov 30 - 01:48 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile