2013 Producers Guild Award Nominees

Summary

The Producers Guild released their list of ten nominees for The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures, as well as their five nominees for The Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures. The awards ceremony will be held on January 26th in Los Angeles. Back to Article

Comments

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I'm gonna be a producer, with a big show on Broadway.

Jan 2 - 05:07 PM

Jason H.

Jason Huang

dang, where's batman?

Jan 2 - 05:13 PM

Benjamin Oriol

Benjamin Oriol

I'm a Batman's fan since I'm a kid... but let's face it: The Dark Knight Rises was a step down for all the amazing job that Nolan was doing to bring superhero's movies to a new level. I was really disappointed.

Jan 2 - 08:02 PM

Gary Devenport

Just because it didn't meet the ridiculously unfair standard people set for it doesn't mean TDKR wasn't nothing short of a marvel. People don't know how to see films separately and judge them on their own terms anymore.

Jan 2 - 09:19 PM

Patrick Mullen

Patrick Mullen

Regardless of the expectations, I would not say The Dark Knight Rises is one of the 10 best of the year. I enjoyed it a lot but it's inferior to the movies I've seen that are here (6 of them).

Jan 2 - 09:23 PM

Gary Devenport

No matter what it will end up being the Return of the Jedi of it's time. There will be passionate opinions on both sides. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a war like most comment sections about it.

We can all agree Twilight will always suck right? hahaha

Jan 2 - 09:35 PM

Sam Porter

i couldnt agree more man i freaking love the dark kngiht rises so what is it wasnt as good as the dark kngiht it was still a damn good movie

William J.

William Johnsten

It's loaded with plot holes and the bomb plot is horribly over done. But it still has some good drama and great action scenes nonetheless, but that doesn't qualify for best picture.

Jan 3 - 11:05 PM

David M.

David McKenna

I wouldn't say Argo or Moonrise Kingdom belong in the top ten either! The Master and Holy Motors would be much better picks.

Jan 4 - 03:45 PM

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Benjamin Oriol tottally agree with you man.

Jan 3 - 01:14 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Honestly, I would give it to BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD; it was the only film on this list you could argue wasn't made exclusively for sacks of cash.

Jan 2 - 06:39 PM

Alex Szatkowski

Alex Szatkowski

What about Django? It made money because people know Tarantino but it was by no means expected to be a huge blockbuster (nor was it)

Jan 2 - 11:40 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

?

Jan 3 - 07:40 AM

Brandon Cooper

Brandon Cooper

You do know it's recouped most of it's budget back, right? It's definitely going to turn a healthy profit, and could easily be Tarantino's highest grossing film.

Jan 4 - 11:17 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

This list looks just like a compilation of what we've already seen from the Actors, Directors and Critics choices. If only more Producer's would practice this when making movie's. Just agree with whatever your Director's and Actor's suggest.

Jan 2 - 06:55 PM

Jan 3 - 11:05 PM

David M.

David McKenna

Jan 4 - 03:45 PM

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Benjamin Oriol tottally agree with you man.

Jan 3 - 01:14 PM

Patrick Mullen

Jan 2 - 09:23 PM

We can all agree Twilight will always suck right? hahaha

Jan 2 - 09:35 PM

Apoorv Burke

Apoorv Burke

The Dark Knight Rises is an exceptional movie.. It just that much more fun than The Dark Knight.

Jan 2 - 09:40 PM

NPH

NP H

The amount of undeserved award nominations "Les Miserables" is getting is deeply unnerving.

Jan 2 - 11:03 PM

Gary Devenport

I agree. Over "The Master"? Really?

Jan 2 - 11:19 PM

NPH

NP H

Equally as ridiculous was its precedence over "Amour".

Jan 4 - 12:18 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Did you see it? I did and thought it was really good.

Jan 3 - 04:09 PM

William J.

William Johnsten

Get over yourselves, Les Miserables was great and a couple of complainers won't change any opinions. It's probably going to end up getting a lot of nominations at the oscars and deservingly.

Jan 3 - 11:04 PM

David M.

David McKenna

Get over YOURSELF William, If they don't have the right to give their opinions then neither do you. Personally, I feel this year has more overrated films than almost another other year I can think of. However, I wish Holy Motors would get more recognition.

Jan 4 - 04:32 PM

Gary Devenport

I agree. Over "The Master"? Really?

Jan 2 - 11:19 PM

NPH

NP H

Equally as ridiculous was its precedence over "Amour".

Jan 4 - 12:18 AM

Alex Szatkowski

Alex Szatkowski

Jan 2 - 11:40 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

?

Jan 3 - 07:40 AM

Brandon Cooper

Brandon Cooper

Jan 4 - 11:17 AM

Tarek Khan

Tarek Khan

Skyfall! Really! It was the most boring James Bond I ever seen! TDKR was much better and deserving to be nominated!

Jan 3 - 12:05 AM

filmmaniac123

Aakash Kumar

that's because it was not only an action movie with tons of it but also a great character study.

Jan 3 - 04:17 AM

filmmaniac123

Aakash Kumar

tdkr was more boring

Jan 3 - 04:17 AM

Pablo M.

Pablo Miranda

I think TDKR, Skyfall and The Master will fight for the last place in the Oscars if they are not removed by Amour.

Jan 3 - 11:21 AM

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

Odysseas Johnny Roubos

LOL wot. Skyfall was brilliant.

Jan 3 - 01:13 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I agree, for me it was clearly inferior to Casino Royale and Golden Eye and only moderately better than Quantum of Solace. It didn't feel like a Bond movie to me, I kinda found the villain underwhelming from my admittedly high expectations and it seemed more of a fond send off to Dame Judi Dench than a Bond story.

Jan 3 - 04:19 PM

Omar Kooliyat

Omar Kooliyat

Skyfall was awesome, though TDKR was a bit better.

Jan 3 - 05:13 PM

Neo Prag

Neo Prag

Skyfall was good, but the familiarity to The Dark Knight and Bourne (identity?) was a little cheezy...

Jan 6 - 11:57 AM

Fourteenyearold

Louie 098

I Only saw Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Lincoln, Moonrise Kingdom and Skyfall I Would give it to Beasts of the Southern Wild the only movie that ignores sacks of cash.

Jan 3 - 03:57 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships