Wreck-it Ralph - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wreck-it Ralph Reviews

½ September 30, 2015
I rate it an A-...if you've played video games since the 80's, then you'd appreciate this movie
½ September 29, 2015
This heart-warmer was a pleasant surprise.
½ September 27, 2015
First of all, the people who created this universe have a fantastic imagination.
There are many great lessons that can be learned from the film... however, either I was not paying attention or just was too lazy to look for all the finer details while watching this. After it was over I though ...what was the lesson here? To me it seemed, stick to your role (in society) but it would be great if others appreciated you.
P.S. the villain though, will give you nightmares.
½ November 4, 2012
84% de criticos, 93% de la audiencia... ahora si creo que irà (C) a verla.
February 27, 2013
Good movie. Was actually more sad than I thought it was going to be.
September 9, 2015
Tiene una propuesta bastante simple en cuanto a la historia, pero su ejecución resulta interesante, lo que da como resultado una pelicula muy entretenida
August 24, 2015
Sugar Rush is my home
½ August 24, 2015
Certainly rouses the nostalgia but lacking in pathos.
January 14, 2013
Undoubtedly hilarious and somewhat deep, not to mention full of nostalgic adventure. Kids, and retro gamers will enjoy relating to the clever references in this film. Absolutely stunning graphics, a deep and meaningful message and a rather silly love affair, not to mention the great characters. Wreck-it Ralph is great for kids and adults alike.
½ August 15, 2015
A fantastic idea that capitalises on nostalgia, and a great, if slightly conventional story to go with.
August 15, 2015
Possibly underrated, Wreck-It Ralph is fun, entertaining, and sometimes makes you feel the feels.
½ April 18, 2013
Colorful, inventive, and funny, Wreck-it Ralph is one of the most creative animated films seen in recent times
January 1, 2013
Better than I expected...a lovely message, a few giggles and one that the kids will love!
½ August 1, 2015
Surely the thematic is great and it is funny to see old pals from several video games but Wreck-it Ralph lacks the hook of most of Disney movies.
June 24, 2012
it may have a few moments that dont make sense, but Wreck-It Ralph is a fun,entertaining, and nostalgic video game movie thats the best video game we've ever gotten.
½ July 26, 2015
It's no surprise that video game movies tend to be horrible, but Disney has found a way to break that streak. Wreck-It Ralph is a delightfully-clever movie that features Ralph (antagonist in his own arcade game, "Wreck-It Ralph"), tired of being the bad guy, travels into other arcade games with one goal in mind, to earn a medal. Felix (protagonist in the same game), notices that Ralph is gone and goes to search for Ralph. There are, of course, other iconic video game characters (like Sonic, Pac-Man, Pong,...) in this movie, but they don't detract from the movie at all. Sonic, rather, gives crucial advice about what happens when one video game character ventures into another video game other than their own.

I really must applaud Disney for making a excellent video game movie, showing it can be done. I remember watching a video on YouTube talking about why video game movies are, generally, bad, and the answer was because video game movies take away from the experience of the player having to "choose their own adventure" and become the hero. The fact that Disney created their own video game character that no one has played as before was just brilliant. I found it rather odd that this movie was not made with Pixar's help. All in all, Wreck-It Ralph is a classic and I cannot wait for its' sequel (I heard another famous video game character, surprisingly absent from the this film, might make its' way into the sequel.)
July 24, 2015
its pretty good movie on retro videogames
½ July 24, 2015
Fantastic movie. Disappointed that Disney didn't yet build up enough connections to franchises like Sonic with this movie, focusing more on Frozen.

All the characters are great, and I love the game world. I'm just going to say, Disney, go after Sonic.

More to come...
½ July 17, 2015
Ralph (John C. Reilly) is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (Jack McBrayer), the "good guy" star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades doing the same thing and seeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he's tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he's got what it takes to be a hero. On his quest, he meets the tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero's Duty. But it's the feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, whose world is threatened when Ralph accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens the entire arcade. Will Ralph realize his dream and save the day before it's too late? -- (C) Disne
July 19, 2014
A very entertaining, enjoyable and funny family film, Wreck-it-Ralph plays like a Toy Story but for video games.