The following contains spoilers for Wreck-It-Ralph
The one thing I don't like about certain movies is an unlikable central center. I mean, who would want to watch a movie about someone you don't like? What's the point? It was a problem in Cars and it is problem here, since I do not the character of Wreck-it-Ralph.
That may seem like a crazy thing to say, especially since he is programmed to be a VILLIAN. But this movie expects me to buy the fact that he could change and everyone will accept him. Which is totally fine, but what is a problem is not addressing the problems that he
caused. Let's see what he did wrong.
1. Destroyed that awesome cake. There was chocolate at the bottom! Appreciate that Ralph! :)
2. Disguising himself as a soldier to sneak into another game.
3. Not to mention he abandoned his game and risked everyone's lives in the game, including the kind Fix-it-Felix Jr.
4. He wasted that poor girl's turn at the shooter video game. Do you know how expensive those games are to play?!
5. Sent a virus to Sugar Rush, risking everyone's lives in there too.
6. Went psycho and destroyed the candy crowd (does anyone remember that?!)
7. Destroyed Vanelope's cart without telling her why he was doing so, which would have helped not make her CRY OUT IN DESPERATION. Jerk move, Ralph.
But who cares about that? No one! Everyone turns out okay and Ralph doesn't get blamed for what he did. Great message for the kids!
Okay so enough about that, since I still really enjoyed this movie. I love how gamers like myself FINALLY have movies to associate ourselves with! I love how the animation varies from old-fashioned to new and modern. The backgrounds are wonderful and I love the creativity in this movie, specifically when Ralph was in the shooter and all of the soldiers acted as if they were actors about to perform. That was genius!
So although I have some problems with this movie, I can see why people love this movie so much. It's colorful and fun, despite some character glitches.