70% The Equalizer Sep 26

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Wreck-it Ralph Reviews

August 13, 2014
A great animated film to see with friends or family. A fun adorable adventure. Performances are absolutley great, with a good story and plot. Also the film references many arcade game characters such as Sonic the hedgehog, Ryu, and bowser. A fun and great film overall.
August 13, 2014
Though it could have done more with it's theme and characters, Wreck it Ralph is a funny, creative, and beautifully animated flick that both kids and adults can enjoy.
April 1, 2013
A great movie for the whole family. Disney knows how to make movies enjoyable for kids and pull in the parents as well. The creativity is phenomenal! It is also a must watch for any retro gamer.
August 12, 2014
Wreck-it Ralph, a kids movie that explores the unknown world of games. I love the game concept. This movie was an actionfilled movie that kept me interested throughout the whole movie. 4.5/5 rating.
August 12, 2014
In the midst of Disney returning to fairy tales like Tangled and Frozen (even though Tangled was good), Wreck-It Ralph is a nice breath of fresh air: some actual creativity, and it works well as just about every gamer's dream comes true.
February 17, 2014
Hilariously funny, this film is perfect for anyone who loves old and new video games.
November 3, 2012
So much video game nostalgia that I must admit that I am pretty bias towards liking this movie. The soundtrack is fun, the characters are easy to follow and enjoy, and the premise is simple enough to follow, yet deep enough to enjoy.
starlett2005
August 10, 2014
Wreck-It Ralph is a good film. It is about a video game villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfill his dream. John C. Reilly and Jane Lynch give awesome performances as their respective characters. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Richard Moore did a great job directing this movie. I liked watching this motion picture because of the humor.
August 9, 2014
another brilliant tale from Disnney
August 5, 2014
wonderful film amazing graphics and storyline my goodness this a great film from the start to the ending is great this is a must watch film!
November 4, 2012
(First and only full viewing - 12/1/2012 in theaters)
August 3, 2014
The Plot:This movie is kinda like Toy Story in a way, When the kids were away the toys would come out and interact with each other in this When the people leave and the lights shut off the video game character come talk to each other. The story follows Ralph the ba guy of the video game Fix-It-Felix. Ralph doesn't want to be the bad guy anymore he doesn't get the appreciation the hero gets. So he decides to go off whats called game-hopping which is a big no no.. for one it's not your game not your story you can't be in it and two if you die in the game you hoped into you can't come back. I wont say anymore..

Review: I love this movie! I thought this movie was going to be cool from the get go I was like I can't wait to see all the little video game references. If you're a gamer this movie throws a lot of easter eggs at you. There is so much cameo in this it's ridiculous, one of the things I loved doing was watching this with friends and finding our beloved video game characters like Deku Link, Bowser, Sonic, Pooka from Dig Dug I could go on..The story hooks you in and this film it's very well told it's so simple yet so interesting and heart felt and it's supported by it's colorful characters, and this movie visually stunning, delicious eye candy. This movie gets points for being a little more emotional than I expected it to be.. I was pleasantly surprised. I almost cried but I didn't because I'm a man....*sniff* I thought he was going to go game hoping through a bunch of familiar places like super Mario world or Okamis Kamiki village or Castelvania but he doesn't he goes to two worlds which isn't bad but not gunna lie I was slightly disappointed that they didn't explore that but im sure doing that would cost unbelievable amounts of cash to pull off so its nothing im going to harsh this movie 4 plus its just a personal thing I thought would have been cool I probably wouldn't have been necessary to the plot. Whether you're a kid or an adult you're going to enjoy this cute heart felt animated movie. The writers and director have built such a detailed and huge world for this movie, it could take so many directions with sequels. Very Good Movie.. I'm excited to see if Rich decides to do anything else with Wreck It Ralph
August 4, 2014
Re-seen couple of days ago and indeed, this is the best animated entrée in ages. The two tear-inducing places made me weep again and the rest is a joyful funny nostalgia to just keep on enjoying - and remembering when 16 colors in PC gaming was "the bomb".
May 14, 2013
WARNING

The following contains spoilers for Wreck-It-Ralph

The one thing I don't like about certain movies is an unlikable central center. I mean, who would want to watch a movie about someone you don't like? What's the point? It was a problem in Cars and it is problem here, since I do not the character of Wreck-it-Ralph.
That may seem like a crazy thing to say, especially since he is programmed to be a VILLIAN. But this movie expects me to buy the fact that he could change and everyone will accept him. Which is totally fine, but what is a problem is not addressing the problems that he
caused. Let's see what he did wrong.

1. Destroyed that awesome cake. There was chocolate at the bottom! Appreciate that Ralph! :)
2. Disguising himself as a soldier to sneak into another game.
3. Not to mention he abandoned his game and risked everyone's lives in the game, including the kind Fix-it-Felix Jr.
4. He wasted that poor girl's turn at the shooter video game. Do you know how expensive those games are to play?!
5. Sent a virus to Sugar Rush, risking everyone's lives in there too.
6. Went psycho and destroyed the candy crowd (does anyone remember that?!)
7. Destroyed Vanelope's cart without telling her why he was doing so, which would have helped not make her CRY OUT IN DESPERATION. Jerk move, Ralph.

But who cares about that? No one! Everyone turns out okay and Ralph doesn't get blamed for what he did. Great message for the kids!

Okay so enough about that, since I still really enjoyed this movie. I love how gamers like myself FINALLY have movies to associate ourselves with! I love how the animation varies from old-fashioned to new and modern. The backgrounds are wonderful and I love the creativity in this movie, specifically when Ralph was in the shooter and all of the soldiers acted as if they were actors about to perform. That was genius!
So although I have some problems with this movie, I can see why people love this movie so much. It's colorful and fun, despite some character glitches.

7.5/10 Great
August 1, 2014
Genuinely clever and wildly imaginative, Wreck-It-Ralph's only flaw is that it only has 90 minutes to showcase the myriad of video game references in its script.
July 30, 2014
Tron meets Toy Story in this entertaining tribute to the history of videogames. A must see for everyone, especially the retro gaming fan.
gamermaximum2000gmai
July 28, 2014
I love video games as well as this movie. It had a great arcade style.
December 13, 2013
The gaming references alone are enough to satisfy any nostalgic craving, but it goes further and dishes out zany humor, and real heart. Jane Lynch's Sergeant Calhoun has some of the best lines (Flattery don't charge these batteries, civilian), and, of course, "the most tragic backstory." Disney shows they can deliver once again.
July 27, 2014
A fantastic movie for the adult and the young alike. Hilarious, adorable, and heart warming all at the same time. Ralph translate the world of video games nicely, with a well told story, strong gaming reference, and inside jokes for old time gamers, without making the non- gamer audiences feels left out.