"Superman Returns" X3 Trailer

For those of you who haven't seen "X-Men: The Last Stand" yet - and judging by its box office on Friday, not many of you - a new "Superman Returns" trailer played before the film. Personally, I think it's the best one yet - the plot is straight forward, and it gives you more of a glimpse into some of the spectacular set peices. Check it out on YouTube before they shut it down.

Here's the official synopsis:

"Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space."

Starring Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, and Kevin Spacey, "Superman Returns" opens nation-wide on June 30th.

Comments

UweBoll

laurent de alberti

The trailer looks amazing, I love the whole design, Brandon Routh seems like the perfect choice for the role.

And having seen Xmen3, I can just see what a difference it makes having a gifted director on board, as opposed to Brett Ratner!

May 27 - 02:06 PM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

i caught a midnight IMAX showing of X3 on Thursday night, and was disappointed to find that of the roughly 7 or 8 trailers before the movie, a Superman Returns trailer wasn't among them. WHY?!? it's IMAX and a midnight showing of a comic book adaptation, for chrissakes. whose brilliant idea was it to leave out the Superman Returns trailer? ridiculous...

May 27 - 02:09 PM

darcko

Derick Qwerty

Well that sucks, dylan.

Yes, this trailer attached with X3 has been the best one yet. A brief plot synopsis, more effects,... It actually makes it feel and look like they used their mega-250-million-dollar budget to create something worthwhile.

May 27 - 02:17 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

Yeah, agreed. You can actually see some of the money on screen.

May 27 - 02:21 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

Yeah, agreed. You can actually see some of the money on screen.

May 27 - 02:21 PM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

[b]i didn't see it either.[/b]
and i was also at the xmen 3 midnight showing. If i had waited till the 12:15 showing, i would have got snakes on a MF plane!

oh well... trailer looks awesome... can't wait!

May 27 - 05:59 PM

wilkiedriver

Aaron Wilkins

Saw the "Snakes" trailer, no Superman...I've seen many trailers in my time, and the "Snakes" trailer is the best since the first Sin City teaser.

May 27 - 06:04 PM

wilkiedriver

Aaron Wilkins

May 27 - 06:04 PM

adml_shake

Robin Goins

I was very happy with that trailer. I decided there in the theater that I was going to go see the movie, I heard some people in the back clapping.....should be good stuff.

May 28 - 07:01 AM

omelette

Bobby Brown

I think Superman Returns will make less money than we are expecting. Mostly everyone I know says it looks cheesy, and the general public isn't into Superman. I have to admit I'm not a huge Superman fan either, and I won't see it unless it gets great reviews....

May 28 - 07:38 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

They did not play it at the theater i went to see X3 in... which dissapoints me because it would look amazing in a theater. Makes me more excited.

May 28 - 08:47 AM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

Best preview yet by far, it's pretty tight when he gets shot in the eye.

May 28 - 11:05 AM

thecaptainsandman

Michael Sandman

[b]Heck ya!!![/b]
I saw the Trailer last night and it just made me all the more excited. This is my most anticipated movie since the Lotr trilogy. Im betting my money that this is going to be the best super hero flick ever! I don't know what you all think, but the man of steel is freakin awesome.

May 28 - 12:07 PM

Elixir

Birdy Man

this is going to be the best movie of the summer, hands down.

and when it smokes X3 in terms of quality, i hope Rothman shlts his pants.

May 28 - 04:44 PM

nolanurban

First Last

God I can't wait to see this movie!

May 28 - 06:07 PM

supermanofsteel

Fgear hrsert

I have high hopes, but I don't think this movie will surpass X-men 3 in sales.

Quality maybe, but not in sales.

May 28 - 10:20 PM

SAURABHSA

Saurabh Sharma

The movie looks different from all the superhero flicks hollywood has been dishing out in the last couple of years. From the trailer one gets the impression that this is going to be high on emotions, intensity and action, a rare blend for Superhero films that usually survive on action and thrills. Superman is my favorite hero and I don't think he deserves anything less than the treatment given by Bryan Singer, hopefully the movie would live upto expectations.

May 29 - 04:34 AM

pradeep55

pradeep narinesingh

This movie just keeps looking better and better with each new trailer that comes out, this is the third version I've seen now and i am totally stoked on seeing this since i am a superman fan. I 've seen x3 too and was not as dissapointed as i thought i was going to be, since i was expecting more of a popcorn action flick than a movie with character development I saw it twice actually and the audience loved the action sequences as well, we all applauded. However i agree with omelette, the audience (for both times) were not all that excited when the trailer was shown some even heckled, i was a little disspointed when that happended since i so want this movie to do great, but i hope this will change by the time this movie comes out

May 29 - 08:38 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Looks good tho I was kinda hoping for a supervillain that he could duke it out with. I guess that will be 2010s' Superman Extreme or whatever it will be called by then.

May 29 - 12:22 PM

hinduchocolate

noel jones

oh so sick, it's looking real good. they seem to be showing us the same 4-5 scenes just different parts of them, so i'm hoping that the other scenes in the movie will have a lot more visually orgasmic material, not complaining though. this will definitely be my best movie of the summer

May 31 - 08:26 AM

hinduchocolate

noel jones

May 31 - 08:26 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Why don't they put some sweet villain in the movie, someone where at least we'd get some good action scenes from it. The comic version of the Doomsday fight (even though it is crap Supes 'lost') was totally sick, I'd pay to see that rendered on screen

Jun 1 - 11:55 AM

StickyKiwi

Kelley Kent

[b]still many doubts[/b]
Unlike most peeps, I though the new trailer was a let down. The special effects LOOK like special effects, as in the fakey 1970's blues screen effects. But granted, these were just quick glimpses, so maybe once unfolded in all its glory they will look nice and coherent with the rest of the movie. As for the end of the clip, the whole "its a bird, its a plane", and then clark kent enters through the door ..... the audience in the theatre groaned and laughed at how awful a pun it was. Right now, Kevin Spacey is the only thing that would put me in the theatre opening weekend.

Jun 1 - 03:25 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast