Weekly Ketchup: Game of Thrones Star Is the Next X-Men Villain

Summary

This week's Ketchup includes development headlines for movies that include new roles for Sandra Bullock, Steve Carell, Jennifer Lawrence, and the young stars of Thor, Warm Bodies, and Beasts of the Southern Wild. Back to Article

Comments

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Rupert Wyatt and David O. Russell need to make exactly the films they want to make.

Feb 16 - 12:01 AM

Joey Medeiros

Joey Medeiros

Thanks for tricking me into thinking this article would actually have information in it. You've done it again, RT.

Feb 16 - 12:05 AM

Douglas Jones

Douglas Jones

I forgot about Modok! He'd be perfect flying around with the giant head and tiny body!! Good one!!

Feb 16 - 12:17 AM

Arif Baseer

Arif Baseer

i can definitely see that. haha you called it.

Feb 16 - 01:59 AM

Arif Baseer

Arif Baseer

naw i dont think so. He looks nothing like gateway.

Feb 16 - 02:00 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

He could with make-up though. I know Gateway is an aborigine, but I've never seen that as integral to his character. If you can have a black Heimdall and Nick Fury why not a little person Gateway.

Feb 18 - 03:43 PM

Faiz Hashmi

Faiz Hashmi

most exciting news is Peter Dinklage going t play the Antagonist of X-men upcoming flick.. & second most exciting is Hugh Laurie in Tomorrowland..Huge fan of both these actors..

Feb 16 - 02:38 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

A Black Annie? so 21st Century . . . I LOVE IT!!!!!!SMASH, SHATTER, CRUMBLE, STAMP-OUT those old, old-world paradigms . . . now we need DENZEL WASHINGTON to play Jor-EL (Superman's Father) ---

Feb 16 - 07:47 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Yeah and Superman's tagline changed to 'The Man who Steals'

Feb 16 - 09:01 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

hey, that's Racial Profiling. Ohh that's Val writing, Val is from New Orleans THE SOUTH . . . The South tried succeeding from The United States of America primarily to continue enslaving Black People, The South (of which Val Mordas is indigenous) continues to reinforce racial prejudices and stereotypes in its children and greater citizenry overall. Denzel doesn't appear to be "The Man Who Steals" a thief. Its like, you're lumping all black people into a category of thief. // We see that racism and Prejudice are still glaringly apparent in this country.

Feb 17 - 06:00 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

yet, be that as it may, VAL MORDAS IS AWESOME!

Feb 17 - 06:08 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

It's not like stereotypes are just given out randomly, some of them are earned. That being said, no I don't believe all black people are thieves, it was a joke. Of course, in this country the only people you can poke fun at are whites and get away with it. If it's good for the goose....

Feb 17 - 08:28 AM

Dylan McIntosh

Dylan McIntosh

there is no doubt that rich white men are the most successful thieves...it will be nice when the punchline of racially stereotypical jokes is relected more on reality... examine if you will these examples "why don't you run over a black kid on a bike...could be your bike' vs 'why don't you put your money in the bank? the rich white dude living in the huge house on the swanky side of town is just going to take it then foreclose on your house" hahaahahha, that one is soooome funny...

Feb 18 - 06:33 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

He will if you don't pay your house note...

Feb 18 - 01:32 PM

Jonathan Edward O.

Jon Owens

what do you have against gingers Gordon?? one of their icons is going to be destroyed!!

Feb 17 - 11:50 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Too bad Richard Pryor never realized his dream of playing Super-Nigga, mild-mannered janitor at the Daily Planet. Instead, he played Gus Gorman, whose only worthy contribution is inspiring the plot of OFFICE SPACE.

Feb 17 - 01:21 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

Yeah but the thing about Oliver Twist is that hes a kid and changing him into a 20 year old would change his character completely.

Feb 16 - 10:23 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Again, I don't think that in itself is necessarily a bad idea. Sometimes it's fun to "continue the story" beyond where the classic ended. Bruce Wayne was arguably at his best in The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond as an old man. Young Indiana Jones was a cool show I thought and in closing two words...muppet babies :)

Feb 18 - 03:46 PM

Michael Conder

Michael Conder

They don't own the rights to Modok so I doubt it. I'm pretty sure he's just going to play the guy who created the sentinels

Feb 16 - 11:24 AM

Saim Cheeda

Saim Cheeda

Christian Bale - 1974 (39)
Jennifer Lawrence - 1990 (23)

One big difference!

Feb 16 - 12:11 PM

Dave J

Your point being because age gaps has always been done for years! And with a little makeup can make Lawrence look older too! And even after all these years as well as her age Natalie Portman still looks like a teenager and still can play one too!

Feb 16 - 02:26 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Sorry, miscast already...

Feb 16 - 09:08 PM

Dave J

"To Have And Have Not", "The Big Sleep","Rear Window", "North By Northwest", "To Catch A Thief", "Sabrina", "Mr. Skeffington", "Lost Horizon", "Touch of Evil", "Rio Bravo", "McLintock" etc.. These are some of the examples where the age gaps are huge between their male and female counterparts and I'm sure you liked some of those movies too!

Feb 18 - 02:57 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Touch of Evil? Charlton Heston is only 4 years older than Janet Leigh.

Feb 18 - 03:04 PM

Dave J

Sh-t- I knew one of my examples wasn't going to be the right one and I couldn't put my finger on it!

Feb 19 - 01:36 PM

Feb 16 - 02:26 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Sorry, miscast already...

Feb 16 - 09:08 PM

Feb 18 - 02:57 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Touch of Evil? Charlton Heston is only 4 years older than Janet Leigh.

Feb 18 - 03:04 PM

Feb 19 - 01:36 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

If you haven't seen it, you should check out the 1948 version of Oliver Twist. Very dark and brutal. Not really for kids. Great movie, though.

Feb 16 - 04:22 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

I'm fine with that one. I'd be ok with having a darker version of Oliver Twist. The thing that is annoying me is them trying to make the guy like 30 years old instead of being a kid.

Feb 17 - 12:49 PM

Joseph Morris

Joseph Morris

Peter Dinklage as the villain? Count me in, that guy is an awesome actor.

Feb 16 - 06:10 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

They needed something to generate interest... otherwise it's a whole lot of been there - done that.

Feb 16 - 09:07 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Yeah and Superman's tagline changed to 'The Man who Steals'

Feb 16 - 09:01 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Feb 17 - 06:00 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

yet, be that as it may, VAL MORDAS IS AWESOME!

Feb 17 - 06:08 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Feb 17 - 08:28 AM

Dylan McIntosh

Dylan McIntosh

Feb 18 - 06:33 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

He will if you don't pay your house note...

Feb 18 - 01:32 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Feb 16 - 09:07 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Sorry, miscast already...

Feb 16 - 09:08 PM

Feb 18 - 02:57 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Touch of Evil? Charlton Heston is only 4 years older than Janet Leigh.

Feb 18 - 03:04 PM

Feb 19 - 01:36 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>