X-Men: First Class Reviews

½ February 23, 2015
The Very Beginning before the tile It's Very Simular to the First Xmen, I reckon I like this Prequel more than The First Xmen, There are so many People with Powers and also lots of Villans as well, Great Action Becomes More of an Excitement to watch
February 22, 2015
the beautiful James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender joined X-men.... AWWWWWWWWW
½ February 15, 2015
Despite some contradictions with previous X-Men films, 'X-Men: First Class' has some good action scenes, an outstanding plot that successfully explains the past of some characters, and it is moved by the amazing acting of Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult.
November 15, 2013
First Class is such a refreshing X-Men movie. After two mediocre attempts, we finally get an X-Men film with substance. The cast is spectacular, especially McAvoy and Fassbender, who steal the show with their great chemistry as young Professor X and Magneto. The movie adds mutants to the Cuban Missile Crisis, a fun new take on the historic event. It's fast paced, thrilling, funny, and such a great time. We dive deeper into Magneto's past than ever before, and get some truly emotional satisfying scenes. The movie's theme is lively and catchy, perfectly suiting this enjoyable prequel. This movie is about the coming together of the X-Men, and the training sequences are great. The only negatives I can think of are a one dimensional villain and the story is flawed at times. However the end is downright fun. We even get a cameo from Wolverine (talk about the best cameo ever!) X-Men: First Class gets 4/5 stars (A-).
June 21, 2013
This is one of the best X-Men films, I didn't like to think that the whole cast had changed but they made such a great performance a really must see
½ February 6, 2015
It has its fantastic moments, most of them involving Magneto, and stays true to the heart of the X-Men, only you can tell that a sequel was on the cards and makes way for some of its plot for that reason for more time for character development.Generally though highly entertaining with great special effects and a fantastic music score that you will be thinking of for a couple of weeks. ultimately though while extending the scenes from the very first film, it could've included more of some of the characters you are familar with from previous films but also dares to include new ones that are in the wrong time.... (Alex summers aka Havoc was actually cyclops' brother.) I would have liked to have seen characters from origins wolverine apart from wolverine....really....he has been in all the x-men films.
August 29, 2011
X-Men: First Class might be the finest entry of the X-Men film franchise, led by two well-matched leads and great direction.
January 29, 2015
X-Men's reboot gets rid of any bad press from the disastrous third instalment and breathes life back into a concept which seemed dead. Full review later.
½ May 22, 2014
Grade:Higher 7/10

X-Men: First Class is a X-Men prequel that boasts a lot of good acting,
action and even some good old back stories to really bring the
franchise back into the form it was in back in it's day. Parts can be
dull but in any sense it is entertaining and the film really starts to
get going and the ending is a fine one, the film is what I felt, a
safely good film, and here below this introduction, is why I felt so.

The story can be a little long to get started and you may feel by the
end that the film is also a little long with what is has, though in the
end and specifically the ending really bring this film up and it gives
you a good bit of a thrill in only the last few minutes of it. It
contains some good action scenes as well and of course with the
superpowers we see in the series, it introduces these powers in new
people with all sorts of weird and wonderful mutations, just good fun
to see them bits but the action bits balance it out well too.

James McAvoy does well here although I did feel sometimes he is not at
his best and a case could be put forward that McAvoy doesn't do well in
blockbuster high budget movies. Michael Fassbender is the true hero of
this movie with his portrayal of Magneto, he controls every scene he is
in and really beats the other actors in his scenes too. Actors such as
Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult do well but I didn't fell they
were spectacular, great acting isn't expected from films like this but
a little effort is needed definitely.

It is written pretty well and the script is solid throughout with smart
lines but also intense wording that can make the scene even more
exciting that it already is with the action. The effects in this are
nice, not perfect but they do the job and you will see at the end with
the numerous special effects needed that they are really well done, not
just visually, but also movement wise. Finally it is also directed
well, one that is very good as Matthew Vaughn seems to move them as if
they are new but also bring back the good old X-Men we miss from the
past.

It's main criticisms aren't in the acting side of this, it comes mostly
from the story with it's, as previously said, slow start. The reason it
harms this is because yes a little drama is always good even in a big
action superhero blockbuster, but too much and then to take away the
things the viewer wants to see, it just harms it, not very bad but it
definitely harms a few key scenes here.

X-Men fans should enjoy this as it continues it well as a prequel but I
think personally it ups the ante the franchise has and really sticks it
to the ones before this and challenges it, well you might think that. I
think people will like it if they like a good superhero movie that
isn't afraid to hold back on the super big action, and have a little
back story and build up, this really is for you indeed. Finally I think
this is good drama and for budding actors, this could be one the few
rare cases of big budget films, where you can actually learn a lot from
the way they act.

Overall I give this a higher 7/10, it is Safely a Good movie, it isn't really
near being VERY GOOD, but it is more than just a Kind of Good film.
With this you have to watch with maybe a little history with X-Men,
fans should love it, but also be a superhero fan, it is aimed very much
at them and people from anywhere can enjoy it, but hero fans more. One
more thing to say, I felt the budget wasn't used enough, they had a big
big budget but seemed to hold back on certain aspects where more
finance could have helped.
½ January 25, 2015
The more I watch this movie, the more I am thankful that Vaughn and the screenwriters stepped in when they did to save the franchise from itself. Almost every single actor in the movie is exceptional, the story is well-told, and the franchise is back on its feet, better than ever.
½ January 25, 2015
A MAJOR improvement compared to the previous two X-Men films, X-Men First Class reminds us why we love X-Men with its actors, story, characters, effects, and its awesome direction.
January 20, 2015
Espectacular precuela de la saga X-Men con un tono retro y un repartoa la medida.
½ September 10, 2014
Awesome movie! Probably my favourite prequel of all time. I thought that it was a great entry to the x-men series. It also inspired to make the sequel (X-Men Days of Future Past).
½ February 26, 2014
McAvoy and Fassbender shine above an excellent cast to deliver the best X-Men yet. Exhilarating action and impressive scope.
½ August 20, 2014
Definitely the best in the series thus far. It's difficult to believe that McAvoy and Fassbender are better than Stewart and McKellen but they are!
½ December 11, 2014
The X-MEN return with this intricate origin story about the first X-Men.With great performances from James McAvoy ,Michael Fassbender ,Kevin Bacon and Jennifer Lawrence,this movie is fantastic movie that brings nothing but fun.
September 30, 2014
The X-men story boldly overlaid upon Cuban Crisis is entertaining with powerful performances from its well-rounded cast. I feel a little short of my fun because Jennifer Lawrence's lines are limited but may be I can expect more of in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'.
½ January 2, 2015
Brought the X-Men franchise back to the heights of X2 after one bad and one dismal movie. Unique amongst the genre for its 1960's setting and psuedo-60's spy vibe. Lots of fun.
January 1, 2015
The best of the bunch. Great performances set against the backdrop of the cuban missile crises.
December 30, 2014
X-Men First Class was pretty badass!