• PG, 1 hr. 45 min.
    In Theaters:
    Sep 24, 2010 Wide
    On DVD:
    Feb 8, 2011
  • Touchstone Pictures

Critic Review - Richard Roeper.com

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways. This is an epic failure on every level.

September 24, 2010 Full Review Source: Richard Roeper.com | Comments (17)
Richard Roeper.com
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Scappy D.

Scappy Doo

I fucking hate memes.

Sep 24 - 11:07 PM

Mr. Chase

Derp Derp

Cool.

Sep 24 - 11:34 PM

Taylor L.

Taylor Le Donne

I agree. Roeper just made himself look like a complete retard.

Sep 27 - 12:06 AM

joseph e.

joseph eastmond

Ebert should have canned roeper years ago..He will never compare to Siskel

Sep 28 - 05:23 AM

dean b.

dean brisson

Yeah Roeper liked The Other Guys so that there tells me this guy's lost it.

Oct 1 - 09:31 AM

You need an editor

Jonathan Hart

Yeah, Roeper liked The Other Guys. So did 133 other critics. It got a 77% score. I guess only 23% of critics haven't "lost it" yet. Wait, you may be on to something...

No, you're not on to something. If you think The Other Guys sucked, that's an opinion you are entitled to and I respect that. Buuuuut, if you think The Other Guys sucked and You Again will be good, then you are the one who's lost it. Please hurl your body into a volcano.

BTW- I'm not trying to defend Roeper, I just want everyone to know that people who like awful movies are truly horrible human beings, and the reason why the box office is flooded with crap. On any given day, you can look at the top ten movies out right now, and I guarantee you that most will be rotten.

Oct 5 - 08:40 PM

You need an editor

Jonathan Hart

Lawl @ teh epic failzorz!!1!!1- Richard Roeper

Oct 3 - 04:44 PM

Sam Fragoso

Sam Fragoso

Mr. Roeper has lost it? Are you guys insane? First off why are you comparing him to Gene Siskel? There nothing alike, there both excellent critics in their own day and age. And what's wrong with "The Other Guys". I mean compared to the shit we have been getting "The Other Guys" is certainly a step up. And if the people that just commented here, liked "You Again".... you can just leave this site. We don't need idiots here that know NOTHING about movies and it's history. "You again" is beyond an "epic failure" it's more of a 2012 disaster/end of the wold type thing. In fact 2012 is no longer the worst movie of the decade. "You Again" is.
Anyways stop bashing Roeper, he's an intelligent critic, that knows movies and calls it as he see's it. Why don't you read his FULL review before you start judging him. You arrogant,inconsiderate and foolish idiots./end rant.

Oct 3 - 05:54 PM

Olivia B.

Olivia Brown

I totally agree with Richard actually. You Again is shit!
So what if he said epic fail?
PS Everyone has a right to their own opinion.
Ebert hates Kick Ass but I still like him as a critic.

Oct 5 - 04:54 PM

Olivia B.

Olivia Brown

I totally agree with Richard actually. You Again is shit!
So what if he said epic fail?
PS Everyone has a right to their own opinion.
Ebert hates Kick Ass but I still like him as a critic.

Oct 5 - 04:55 PM

joseph e.

joseph eastmond

That is because sometimes Evert doesn't like things that are inmoral, or things that are out of social norm..little kids cussing? That sin't good, but I admit that it was okay, it isn't actually right, Evert doesn't go with the fledge on pack, he likes alot of well recieved films, but then again he hates alot of them too..He is no where near Armond White in his contrarism, and Roeper is never going to replace siskel, no one is. He always had a valid, review, point, pun, or joke..not him..Roeper even said worser stuff than tthis on GOOD films. P.S. You Again did in fact suck.

Oct 8 - 04:25 PM

joseph e.

joseph eastmond

Ebert* Not Evert

Oct 8 - 04:26 PM

You need an editor

Jonathan Hart

Oh my GOD people- Nobody is disagreeing that this is a turd of a movie; only noting that the "epic fail" meme (I guess it could be classified as a meme)shouldn't be used by a critic, much less Richard Roeper.

Trust me, we all know this movie sucks.

Oct 5 - 08:20 PM

Ken

Kenneth W.

It's not really a meme--it's more of a generally accepted part of regular e-terminology, like "lol".

But, still, it seemed awkwardly placed in Roeper's review. Maybe he's trying to appeal to a younger crowd.

Oct 13 - 08:20 AM

Stephen E.

Stephen Earnest

Is this like a catch phrase or something? Cos he said the same thing about When In Rome.

Aug 6 - 12:07 PM

Amanda Dunn

Amanda Dunn

haha this made me laugh. This is exactly how I was feeling watching this movie. Definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and that's including movies made for TV...premiering on Disney Channel.

Feb 7 - 03:21 PM

Alec Low

Alec Low

I have to agree that this movie was pretty awful.

Jun 23 - 04:52 AM