You May Not Kiss the Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You May Not Kiss the Bride Reviews

½ July 25, 2012
Title of the movie is very catchy. The movie is okay.
March 27, 2013
The beginning of this movie is silly fun and the ending is sappy and sweet - just skip the hour in the middle that everyone spends running around the very tiny island and you will find this to be very entertaining.
March 22, 2013
Was funny in the beginning and then start losing its touch. Had some stupid scenes. At least it had a happy ending.
July 25, 2012
Guy marries a mob boss's daughter and goes to great trouble after she is kidnapped. He predictably falls in love with her.

I didn't think this movie was amazing.
June 21, 2014
Pretty damn boring - it's not a good sign when your main thought during a movie is when did hottie Dave Annable start going grey?
December 8, 2013
I just thought 0% sounds to mean
August 2, 2013
Boring and can't decide whether to be a romcom or action movie. Rob Schneider is a major disappointment.
½ July 24, 2013
Completely what one would expect from a rom-com. We laughed and enjoyed this. Annable and McPhee had great chemistry, and who knew Katherine could act? (No I've never watched Smash). Who is Taylor Hicks? Wrong person won. And aside from Adam Sandler movies, hardly ever see Rob Sneider who is as zany as ever in this. Would give more stars, but obviously this isn't serious film making. Just a fun escape.
½ June 20, 2013
Rob Schneider is always fun to watch
April 5, 2013
This movie SUCKED!!! I've never written a bad movie review but I had to in order to save other people from subjecting themselves to such a waste of time. Such a shame because I love Katherine McPhee. That's the last time my husband goes the the movie rental place without me!!!
½ February 8, 2013
One of the worst comedy films I have seen in quite sometime.
December 19, 2012
Terrible acting. The plot could have been further elab
October 5, 2012
Totally fun and cute. Great cast. Katherine McPhee shines. She is so pretty. Dave Annable is hilarious. So many recognizable people. Rob Schneider is a crazy guy who flies and helicopter and Mena Suvari was so funny. I had no idea she was that funny. Great date watch.
September 27, 2012
Got this one off itunes so funny. Defiantly worth seeing!
September 22, 2012
Ok, it's a romcom, but does that mean it has to be dumb, unfunny, and trite? Obviously those who make such movies feel the movie viewing public must want their romantic comedies made like this. This film was made in 2009 and is just now seeing some viewing light. They should have kept it hidden and maybe burn all the copies. A complete waste of time.
½ September 4, 2012
I just saw this movie in Honolulu (first opening in the US). It is hilarious and mostly a chic flick, but there is enough rough and tumble to keep the boys interested as well. All the actors are great, but Mena Suvari nearly steals the whole show.
½ August 31, 2012
It opened with a promise of a weak pretentious American rom-com plot-line and took a turn to what feels like a Tagalog action movie in the 90's (which is not a complement, mind you) and totally got lost in the deep forests of Hawaii.
½ August 16, 2012
You May Not Kiss the Bride - TRASH IT (C-)
YOU MAY NOT KISS THE BRIDE is a charming tale of adventurous high jinx and budding romance involving an unassuming pet photographer (Annable) who is thrown head first into a series of unforeseeable events when he's forced to marry a Croatian mobster's daughter (McPhee) and spend his honeymoon at a secluded Tahitian resort where the bride is kidnapped.
Everything is wrong in this movie from the beginning, you have serious actor Dave Annabel playing a rom-com lover then you've an American Katherine McPhee playing a Croatian girl. C'mon change the characterization if you wanted to cast these two together. Dave Annabel & Katherine McPhee try to do their best but they're mismatch and miscast in the movie.
Mena Suvari don't care about blows to her acting career as since American Beauty & American Pie franchise she has not done anything worth remembering. Even still Rob Schneider, Kathy bates, Tia Carrer & Mena Suvari try to bring some comic relive in the movie.
On the whole, it's a time pass but very tedious predictable movie, better not waste your time and brains on it.
½ July 14, 2012
Movie had good cast, beautiful locations, but the most brain dead plot and horrible jokes imaginable. It's like they sat down and actually tried to make it bad on purpose. I would recommend this movie only if you are suicidal and you are looking for a reason to push you over the edge.