88% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

You'll Find Out (Here Come the Boogie Men) Reviews

neffielee
neffielee

November 23, 2010
"We would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those crazy band members!" I truly was waiting for that line, because it played out like a Scooby Doo episode. A scary/comedy/whodunit kind of story, with three of the horror greats - Karloff, Lugosi, and Lorre. Fun film for those who appreciate Scooby Doo.
October 20, 2009
A comedic-horror which takes place in a mansion during a large 21st birthday party for the heiress. Way too much big band music which gets in the way of the story. The heiress believes she is marked for death and tries to snuff out an exotic ?prince? who claims occultic powers. Even with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff and decent comedy, the focus on the music makes this RKO horror film definitely not a ?must see.?
Carlton M Raines
November 19, 2013
Billed as a Comedy, but more of a black Comedy,A young girl who is about to celebrate her 21st birthday has had 3 attempts on her life, for no reason, she has a birthday party at the family mansion,where another attempt is made on her life,her friends who are musicians try to remove her from danger, but the bridge which is the only way on and off the island is hit by Lightning, leaving the poor girl stranded with the killer, with only her friends and psychic Aunt to protect her, It's a good story, mixed with musical numbers,and bad guys, an enjoyable period piece,
Helen Parrish sadly died of cancer age 34, who stars in the lead role.
January 17, 2013
It's a great film! I love Kay Kyser's music and his band. These critics who judge the film by the 3 horror men's appearance are missing the point. It's a frigging MUSICAL! Who cares if King Kong props are used???
oldieslady
February 9, 2008
I've loved this movie since I was a child watching it with my mother. It's just an old movie with some corny jokes but some funny moments. Anyone who loves the big band era and the old days of radio may enjoy it. The seance is quite unbelievable but that was how it was in a 40's mystery movie i guess. Ginny Simms was a highlight; she was beautiful and so was her voice. I loved the women's clothes too; the men's you could keep. I just read Ish Kabibble's autobiography. He had an amazing life. I think he and Harry Babbit lived the longest of the cast.
I was finally able to get this movie on DVD. I will watch over and over again.