Young & Restless in China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young & Restless in China Reviews

August 8, 2015
At first I thought this documentary was more like a promotional video that talked about how great China's economy was doing. But as it went further on, this documentary really dives into almost every aspect of China's job industry. They interviewed various people with different backgrounds and really showed you the lives of people who lived in China. Those who are involved in politics, environmental control, design skyscrapers, migrant workers, and even the life of a Chinese rapper. They showed you the life on both sides of the coin and showed you how China's job economy is doing. Life is still hard; there are people who are barely getting by and there are those that came back from being abroad after a decade. I went back to China about 3 months ago and I can relate to everything they say in this video. It really is an unbiased view on China's economy as a whole.
½ January 18, 2009
Juno - I like Ellen Page a lot, and the actors who play her parents are always fun, but I don't get why so many people liked this movie.

Young and Restless in China - so interesting. eye-opening documentary.

Me Myself and Irene - I'm a sucker for Jim Carrey, and he's funny enough. couldn't carry the movie though.

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanomo Bay - almost as funny as the first one. worth it.

21 - pretty lame. always trying to blow up the ivy league mystique, and so uncovincingly. to think once upon a time i admired kevin spacey's acting. actors should never portray professors. they just dont' know what they're really like. (hint: most of them are like everybody else.) the one redeeming thing about the movie was the twist at the end.