67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

The Young One (Island of Shame) (White Trash) (La Joven) Reviews

Eric B

October 16, 2009
Bunuel in English! Wish the film was better. Bunuel's hallmarks are not all that visible beyond a taboo pedophilia element, and neither that nor the racism theme are treated with any notable degree of insight. Furthermore, Bernie Hamilton's jazzy character is saddled with some "I don't dig you cats"-like lingo which comes off rather stale and dated.

I haven't seen every Bunuel film (yet?), but I suspect this is the only one which might remind anyone of Russ Meyer!
July 22, 2012
Zachary Scott and Bernie Hamilton give great performances in this beautifully authentic look at the pre-Civil Rights South. The film never rings a false note in telling this raw story of sexual tension and racial hatred.
June 2, 2012
"Boquiaberticamente" ousado. :-O
:-O
David H.
January 3, 2011
I love Bunuel Films and i love Movies settled in the South and i love Movies that are settled on just one Place with few Characters and this one is a Special Burner it shows the Simple Southern Life with all it's Coziness, Hospitality, Heartiness & Faith at the one Side and all that Violence, Racial Hatred, Perversions & Double Moral Standarts at the other Side and create a Dark Picture of the White Trash by showing also their Human Side Great Movie Beautiful Pictures of the Nature & Music