• Drama
  • Directed By:
    Kathryn Bigelow
    In Theaters:
    Jan 11, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 19, 2013
  • Columbia Pictures

How on Earth can a movie like this get good reviews?

Yes I understand that Kathryn Bigelow is directing this. And frankly I loved The Hurt Locker. But really, who wants to see a movie about how bin Laden was killed? Seems kinda boring.
williamstormer95
12-6-2012 02:48 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

did you watch?...watch it first

Aug 28 - 05:05 PM

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

This is an excellent film. The scene where the Seals raid Bin Laden's compound is one of the best scenes I have ever watched in any film. Bigelow continues to prove herself as an excellent filmmaker. This goes right up there with The Hurt Locker and Near Dark as one of her best films.

Aug 11 - 01:32 AM

Steve Hurley

Steve Hurley

Are you nuts? This movie was excellent. Someone has no taste.

Aug 1 - 06:42 PM

Who am I

The Most Interesting Tut in the World

Have you seen the movie for yourself, the film was suspenseful yet riveting. It was a heart pounding experience, a thriller which doesn't disappoint. The acting was brilliant, and the plot was politically accurate.

Jun 24 - 03:01 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Whatever you are a moron for believing it!

Jun 28 - 01:18 PM

Steve Hurley

Steve Hurley

no "mick", it is you who is the moron.

Aug 1 - 06:38 PM

Robin Warren

Robin Warren

I'm afraid so. They took a pivotal moment of American history and made it very very dull. They speak of politically accurate yet no politician is noted. Sorry, thumbs down. BUT I know Kathryn Bigelow will make a big comeback next film. That girl has talent!

Jun 20 - 06:12 PM

Imran Basri

Imran Basri

Dull. Incredibly so. A better film of a similar genre was Munich.

Jun 15 - 01:38 AM

Tony Scannell

Tony Scannell

How was Jessica Chastain nominated for Best Actress??? I love how they say in the beginning that "Washington says she's a killer" but then she can't stand seeing a man being tortured. In fact she has to look away. This movie was not gripping and nowi question a lot of its validity.

Jun 11 - 07:17 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

I think ZDT is a very nice film. It's gripping for the most part, solidly written, well acted, and beautifully filmed.

May 27 - 10:10 AM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

I think ZDK is a very nice film. It's gripping, solidly written, beautifully filmed and well acted.

May 27 - 10:09 AM

John Abrahamsen

John Abrahamsen

Search for "Extortion 17" on Youtube and learn about how the REAL Seal Team Six was betrayed and murdered in Afghanistan on Aug 6, 2011. Did this film even have an "In memory" section in the credits to the DEAD members of Seal Team Six? Talk about propaganda!

May 19 - 04:13 PM

Donnie Cash

Donnie Cash

More about deception than entertainment. I personally don't buy movie ticket or DVD release to be lied to AND bored-to-death simultaneously.

May 13 - 04:25 AM

Dillon Thompson

Dillon Thompson

What's wrong with a politically accurate movie? It has a solid story, fantastic acting, and has hella smooth action sequences. It was a little boring, yea, but everything else about it is fantastic IN MY OPINION OF COURSE.

May 11 - 09:57 PM

James Smoot

James Smoot

Not all viewers are intellectually limited or intellectually lazy. Some people appreciate the fact that the ending wasn't a Rambo style shoot 'em up with UBL meeting a spectacular end.

Apr 12 - 08:08 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

So a Rambo-style ending is the only way for a movie not to be boring?

Apr 13 - 08:22 PM

Alex Schuettenberg

Alex Schuettenberg

It's a drama and very good.

Apr 4 - 05:37 PM

Navneet Jain

Navneet Jain

topic was good, but a movie needs to be more than just a documentary to keep people glued to seat. There were no thrilling moments, no excitement, it was like watching a movie with known climax. HIGH VOLTAGE was really missing.

Mar 29 - 11:02 PM

Chinedu Opara

Chinedu Opara

An accurate, realistic drama like "Zero Dark Thirty" isn't for people like you. Go watch "Olympus Has Fallen", that's probably more your speed (incidentally, I enjoyed it too).

Apr 17 - 04:34 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Accurate my ass! It's CIA propaganda designed to exonerate themselves of war crimes while also trying to profit off the ignorant masses (such as yourself) who bought this bullshit.

Watch THE INVISIBLE WAR and learn the real truth!

Apr 17 - 07:34 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Obviously a lot of people enjoyed this movie. I thought it was okay. Didn't need to be as long as it was. I don't see why it is so hard to understand that gung ho pro America are going to flock to a movie like this

Mar 24 - 08:00 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Yeah, it's boring as fuck. It could have been great if it were condensed into 1 hour 45 minutes, but there's probably a full hour of dead air and pointless conversations in it.

Mar 23 - 10:07 PM

joe m.

joe mosely

This is a long and boring story. 2 hours and 37 minutes of mind numbing suburban mythology. Obama did not get OBL and neither did Rebecca Chastain. So who did?

Mar 23 - 07:44 PM

Ryan J.

Ryan Johnson

Dude, get the name right.

Mar 27 - 07:28 PM

David Price

David Price

I'm in the military and I know a little about the community portrayed in this film. The Hurt Locker was unbelievably bad and Zero Dark Thirty isn't far behind. I'm not going to say this person or that was wearing the wrong kit or holding a weapon incorrectly because I don't care about that stuff. What I want to know is how an analyst with no field experience and the interpersonal skills of a honey badger is the sole individual who, over several years, tracks down the one lead that eventually gets us the tall guy. It's a slap in the face to the hundreds if not thousands of people who gave years of their lives to track that asshole down. I'm not looking for a documentary but I expect it to be at least based in reality. I hope Bigelow's next movie is about unicorns or dragons, that way it will be more realistic and therefore more watchable.

Mar 22 - 05:05 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

I took this film the same way I took Abraham Lincoln Vampire fucking Hunter XD This film to me was getting one of Friederich Nietzche's quotes across the table for the audience to remember again. In a way, I guess this film is considered philosophical if you actually think and not say AMERICA, FUCK YEAHHHH for 2hrs 37ms XD

Mar 18 - 04:25 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Yeah, watch the movie and then comment, please.

Mar 18 - 04:38 PM

Isaac T.

Isaac Tetreault

God your stupid.......

May 5 - 12:00 AM

Trenton Ledford

Trenton Ledford

This film was really good to me. It wasn't boring. It was very difficult script to write. The writer based the screenplay on articles he found online and added a sub plot to it to make it original. I think this film was top ten of the year. She did a great job with the directing and the cinematographer did a splendid job. It received great rating because of the editing, directing , and acting ensemble. The story might be boring if you think this movie is only about finding bin laden. The screenwriter is really good. Give the movie a chance. Watch this film with an open mind.

Mar 7 - 10:22 PM

Trenton Ledford

Trenton Ledford

This film was really good to me. It wasn't boring. It was very difficult to write.The writer based the screenplay based on articles he found online and added a sun plot to it to make it original. I think thus film was top ten of the year. She did a great job with the directing and the cinematographer did a splendid job. It received great rating because of the editing, directing , and acting ensemble. The story might be boring if you think this movie is only about finding bin laden. The screenwriter is really good. Give the movie a chance. Watch this film with an open mind.

Mar 7 - 10:20 PM

Phatigue

alejandro sacajawea

OMG this was sooo bad, seriously people??? Just because its supposedly how osama was killed doesnt mean everybody needs to be all "wooo america USA USA USA!!!!" Im tired of this fake ass patriotism mob mentality.. its okay to say this movie sucked its completely fictional anyways.. no one will think your a terrorits... btw no such thing as seal team 6 LOL.. im so ashamed to be american when crap like this comes out and people rally behind it never to question why news outlets didnt allow news of Osama bin ladens death in 2002 come to american.. do some research before you believe this film is accurate..

Mar 1 - 04:10 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

This is what happens when meth heads get computers.

Mar 2 - 10:28 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Try commenting when you're sober. It's a whole different experience.

Mar 2 - 10:29 AM

Phatigue

alejandro sacajawea

try watching something that wasnt based on a sham.. im sorry i forget that most people actually think what they watch on the "news" is more than just entertainment.. hahah lol come on its a movie without making this lame as parody (zero farce thirty)...

Mar 6 - 09:48 PM

Jon Boyle

Jon Boyle

You really must be retarded. And you call yourself American. The fuck are you on? Trying to say Seal Team 6 is fake. Go over to Bragg and look for the big sign that says "U.S. Army Special Operations Command" and tell them that Seal Team 6 is fake and they'll probably punch you in the face. But believe what you will.

Apr 13 - 10:10 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Yeah, he definitely didn't take your advice, Dylan.

Mar 7 - 02:14 PM

shawn l.

shawn larkin

Alejandro... You have to be the dumbest asshole on the planet!!! You have no idea what you're talking about. You deserve to get fornicated with a 3 foot piece of barbed wired. I actually created an accounton RT just to call you a complete retard.

Mar 22 - 09:42 PM

Phatigue

alejandro sacajawea

haha i got you to create an account.. i love when people are emotional and defensive about silly shit. its a movie that is based on shit that hasnt been made public and cant be until its declassified (at least 10 years).. this shit is just speculation, just a bunch of war propaganda. lol "fornicated with a 3 foot piece of barbed wired" what are you 10 years old? do some research on how our country is run..

Mar 24 - 08:12 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Dude, seriously, put down the cocaine, go sleep it off and then come back to comment.

Mar 25 - 10:35 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Kind of said considering that it had all the momentum for best picture early on. but quickly fizzled out.

Feb 25 - 12:33 PM

Mark Bernstein

Mark Bernstein

Easily the best movie of the year and would have been so chosen were not the New McCarthyism of political correctness dominating a Hollywood that fails to believe in the free expression it cannot live without.

Feb 25 - 07:30 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Whatever dumbass....you're an idiot for buying this garbage propaganda.

Apr 17 - 07:35 PM

Shawn Hall

Shawn Hall

This wasn't a documentary, um, "dumbass." It was a Hollywood fantasy cum wish-fulfillment movie. However, you are obviously a Kool Aid drinking, conspiracy theorist...without any theories. If you hate this movie so much, then why do you keep on coming back to comment and to try to invent controversy where none exists. Oh, wait. Are you an avatar nom de plume for Kathryn Bigelow? Yeah...you crafty old girl! Your plan is working! Post some more!

May 2 - 07:28 AM

zeitentgeistert

zeit entgeistert

the main character's monotonous performance made me long for claire danes. a good portion of her acting in homeland would have helped pump some blood into what i perceived as a rather lifeless figure. i also felt it difficult to believe that a young woman who looks like fresh out of (modelling) school would spearhead such a high-profile case. i found this whole character hard to swallow.

the last part - portraying the actual takeover - saved the movie for me but, i guess, 1 has to be male + american to be this (= 94%) enthusiastic about chastain & the movie.

Feb 21 - 11:15 AM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

Wow you draw a crowd!

Feb 20 - 04:48 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

I know, I didn't think it would be this big.

Feb 20 - 09:12 PM

David G.

David Gee

I was rather disappointed. Between the opening torture scenes and the raid on bin laden, it felt like this movie went in circles.

It's more than fair to compare this to "The Hurt Locker" and I appreciate that film more after having seen this one. Two big differences: ZDT's characters never connected with me the way THL's did (which to me is the most important thing about film and TV, connecting to the characters). And from a suspense standpoint it's no contest, although to be fair ZDT is actual events. I understand it's basically a history lesson and Bigelow did the best she could, but there's no way I could watch this a second time.

Feb 19 - 11:18 PM

David C.

David C

I liked the movie. I went to see it to watch a movie..didn't care about political lefts or rights. It was not a "Die Hard" style movie and if you read anything about it before going to see it then you would have known that.

I don't understand those bashing the language. It was rated-R and every R-rated movie could reduce the amount of violence or language but it wasn't excessive. 49 F-words in a movie of 157 minutes. End of watch (which I didn't like the language in that....too much) 325 F-words! Silver Linings playbook, 75 f-words. Argo, 25 F-words.
And ZDT was much longer than any of those movies. Do a little research before you go watch a movie and you won't have these problems. You can look up just about anything you want before you go....you can see how much, language, violence, sexual content......etc.

Feb 18 - 04:33 PM

Cody K.

Cody Kerr

Because it's the best film of the year.

Feb 18 - 12:56 PM

Justin D.

Justin Downing

This movie is exceptional!, and is one of the best of 2012 thats why the good reviews are pouring in!

Feb 17 - 05:26 PM

Sam S.

Sam Stilman

Check this out - ZERO DARK DIRTY - haha! www.zerodarkdirty.com

Feb 7 - 05:58 PM

Esselyn Kubrick

Esselyn Kubrick

They are bought and paid for by the New World Order militarists.

Feb 7 - 05:52 PM

Sam S.

Sam Stilman

Yes. I think these guys got the real story correct: http://www.zerodarkdirty.com

Feb 7 - 05:59 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Because 'Merica, that's how.

Feb 4 - 08:59 PM

Mark Oszoli

Mark Oszoli

I can understand that the movie hold interest to you if you are an American, but I have to agree with others for someone outside America its kind of boring. Not to mention I could not even keep track of who is who in that movie.

Feb 4 - 01:05 PM

Mark Bernstein

Mark Bernstein

You "couldn't keep track of who is who?" Jesus, it's easy -- Redford is the blonde and Paul Newman is Paul Newman. That's abut how hard it was. Oh, and those things with four legs were horses

Feb 25 - 07:33 AM

Cynthia Manriquez

Cynthia Manriquez

It WAS boring.

Feb 3 - 03:27 PM

Darrin Michell

Darrin Michell

Gratuitous violence, thinly disguised military worship, weak lead characters-what more could any flag waving american ask for?!

Feb 27 - 10:26 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Would you mind watching the film before trolling?

Mar 30 - 12:26 PM

Osman Young

Osman Young

I watched 40 minutes of this in Cairo with an audience of Egyptians (I'm British), and as I walked out I wanted to ask the audience, "How can you sit there and watch this? " . I cant remember ever having walked out of a movie in my life! Just now looking at a review I see it was 2 hours and 37 minutes. Thank God I left when i did!

Feb 3 - 02:35 AM

Toby Baillon

Toby Baillon

I have never felt the urge to walk out so strongly as in this movie. I didn't and wished I had.

Feb 3 - 04:02 PM

Matt S.

Matt Smith

It's understandable a non-American wouldn't have the same interest in the movie- 9/11 wasn't your back yard. However, I think the movie was a very good mix of moving along a plot line over 10 years with what this really represents: 10 years of "in the trenches," tedious, exhaustive analysis/investigation. The movie's not made to be a Bond film (I guess the CIA isn't as cool as MI6 :) ).

Feb 8 - 02:45 AM

Leopold Napolitano

Leopold Napolitano

I'm an American, I experienced 9/11, and I stopped watching the movie after 24 minutes. It made me feel disgusted of humanity. It made me question, "why are we any better than the ones that terrorized our nation?" I wasn't expecting a pink unicorm galloping by but jeez!!! 24+ minutes of torture! This movie could have been more informationional, more realistic, and more exciting without all that unnecessarily extended crap!

Mar 27 - 11:55 AM

Tammy Weinke

Tammy Weinke

Leopold... I agree with you 100%. Where is our humanity??? Sad that this almost won best picture. Sad what our country has become.

Apr 13 - 05:35 PM

Nunya B.

Nunya Bissnis

How? Because its an amazing movie, thats how.

Feb 1 - 01:46 PM

Imy Blinky

Imy Blinky

The subject matter was the thing that made me want to see this film... ha. This 'film' can be reviewed in a single four-letter word... and it's not great.

Feb 1 - 12:30 AM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

I agree. THis film was boring and had zero facts. Jessica Chastain (No relation to me) was incredible, but the film was really flat.

Jan 30 - 12:37 PM

Cancel YourCable

Cancel YourCable

It got good reviews probably because its a piece of war propaganda based on absolute fiction..zero reality what so ever.

Jan 28 - 09:53 PM

Sebastiaan Luteijn

Sebastiaan Luteijn

''piece of war propaganda''

You Americans can make good movies, but god dam what are some of you stupid as fuck,

Jan 30 - 12:13 PM

Matt S.

Matt Smith

it's beneficial to spell correctly when you call someone stupid you moron.

Feb 7 - 01:15 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Like my momma always used to tell me, "when you can't think of something good to say, just criticize the spelling."

Feb 25 - 01:12 PM

Movie 4.

Movie 43

yes it was really boring

Jan 27 - 03:54 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Not as boring as Movie 43.

Feb 4 - 01:57 PM

Fena P.

Fena Pjove

rottentomatoeshdstream.lqhw.com

Jan 25 - 06:13 AM

Kilgore T R.

Kilgore T Rout

From what I'm reading this is not as good as the Hurt Locker and I didn't care for that one.

If it's true that the movie has no real narrative, no character arc etc. then it's going to be bad...

I was going to go see it at the cinema but thanks to all the "thinking man's" reviews, I'll wait and rent it on dvd. 93% like it, yes, but that doesn't make it good. I thought the Hurt Locker sucked and it got great reviews too.

Jan 24 - 04:08 AM

Gareth Rg Jordan

Gareth Rg Jordan

I was expecting more from this movie. The Hurt Locker had characters that we were intrigued by, we were surrounded by suspense. The audience were sucked in to Jeremy Renner's charm and blown away by his masochistic nature. We felt for the characters and their doomed mission. Zero Dark Thirty shows the war on terror that's being fought at the desk - via CIA, intelligence, etc. The central character isn't a snip away from exploding in every scene, but trawling through information, developing sources, extracting information; all while real life events unfold. The Docudrama is based on true events, but the creative treatment of the manhunt plot may be informative but is rather drawn out and repetitive. Films are supposed to have a little more substance then just trying to show the facts objectively (If objectivity is really truthful in a story like this). You have to engage the audience and make them root for her struggle, there was no connection with Jessica Chastain. Was she was supposed to be an empty vessel the audience project themselves into? During the opening scenes of torture, we are uneasy and relate to her indifferent demeanour. However her indifference blends into an apathetic determination to do what is necessary, to get the job done.

Finally there are real life terror attacks that placed periodically through the film, as well as the weaving of terror attacks into the narrative story. This it seems is done in a bid to gain some tention, a race against time to catch OSBL before he masterminds another attack. There are problems with this. OSBL had been a figure head of Americas war on terror, Enemy No1, for some time now. To suggest that al qaeda or islamic extremism will fall like a deck of cards after OSBL is assassinated is either ignorant or seriously misjudged. He was one among many, in a movement that will not end by his death. A film with this subject matter was always going to bang the American drum and we all knew the ending. But with all the context surrounding the middle east, global terrorism, the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, and the elusive figure of OSBL himself; I can't help but feel hugely underwhelmed by this short sighted, linear representation of events.

Jan 22 - 10:22 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Well said.

Jan 30 - 12:39 PM

Fena P.

Fena Pjove

you have more here: katphhdstreams.dlyr.com

Jan 22 - 09:07 AM

Matthew Wallace

Matthew Wallace

This isn't a movie you see because your expecting thrills and shooting. Zero Dark Thirty isn't a drama, a comedy, or an adventure. Zero Dark Thirty is a documentary and I saw it to know what happened, nothing more nothing less.

Jan 21 - 06:47 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "documentary." There are no facts in this film, even the real people behind the hunt for OBL said that this is a film full of lies and half truths. And a documentary is not a film that simply tells what happens, a documentary is a film that shows real life as it happens.

Jan 30 - 12:40 PM

Anthony P.

Anthony Pirtle

"Zero Dark Thirty is a documentary"

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Jul 17 - 09:44 PM

Tom Suharik

Tom Suharik

Have to agree with Patrick. We were bored thoughout. Everything of substance we saw in trailers. Simply a ploy to capitalize on an event making money.

I think the movie was made too fast and soon. That is why Argo was better, though time details were availble and an actual storyline was able to evolve.

The only bright spot was they left Obama out of it and kept it focused on CIA- where it should have been.

Just like real world undercover ops, you can't rush reality just as you can't through together a movie of substance in a couple months.

In the end, there really was no suspense even when you knew the outcome. Argo won the Golden Globes on this simple concept- you knew the outcome and still were on the edge of your seat until the plane lifts off.

Jan 21 - 07:31 AM

Patrick Acciani

Patrick Acciani

BTW Bigelow was not snubbed for Best Director. There was a very good reason she was left off the list. There was so much more potential in that movie and she blew it.

Jan 20 - 06:37 AM

Patrick Acciani

Patrick Acciani

Horrible movie. 3 hours of my life I can't get back. It was just a bunch of characters I knew nothing about periodically passing through the movie saying, supposedly, important things. To bad I didn't care, because Bigelow went at it like a documentary. Hard to relate to any of the characters or feel any emotion when I feel disconnected to everyone. You know nothing about them. As much time is spent on Maya's character (Jessica Chastain), I still didn't care because, unfortunately, I kept thinking to myself, she got nominated for an Oscar, really? She was very average. As bad as The first 2 hours of the movie dragged and the scenes lingered, the last 30 minutes is spent fast forwarding through the Navy Seals. Wham bam thank you mam, it was nice NOT to get to know ya. There's no mention of any strategy, planning or preparation. It's hop in the helicopter and head right to the big climax. And then, a big dud! I was ready to feel the goose bumps, and the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I got nothing. The movie failed to let me know what dangers these guys faced. Bigelow made it look like they hit the Staples "Easy" button. Absolutely, no intensity whatsoever. Maybe she did shoot the last scenes near the end of production, because it felt hurried and sloppy like she just didn't care anymore. That was easy.

Jan 20 - 06:28 AM

Mark Marrone

Mark Marrone

Thank you

Jan 20 - 09:38 PM

Nancy Williamson

Nancy Williamson

AGREE - very disappointed!

Jan 21 - 02:58 PM

Mark Marrone

Mark Marrone

Yeah it was very boring and very dragged out. They could have made this film like an hour and a half. The torture scenes took up too much time and they just talked too much and dragged out the entire thing. I was trying to stay awake during the film haha.

Jan 19 - 08:32 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

This movie is not boring because it doesn't have enough explosions or enough chase scene's like lazy thinkers would have you believe. IT IS BORING because it has no strong narrative thread. You are introduced to the main character...actually at first I didn't know if it was the guy or the girl.... torturing/learning to torture suspects. You cannot introduce you main character with no identifier except that she is torturing a guy or watching him or other people being tortured. It is AGES before there is any reason to care about this heroine. We do not CARE about Maya because she is not a sympathetic character. EVENTUALLY you are on here side in scenes 90 minutes into the film when they should have been much much earlier. The lack of any real characters goes completely haywire for the actual mission though. THEY DON'T EVEN CUT TO THE MAIN CHARACTER until its over. She has no role or even screen time in the finale which is the point of the film. Seriously, we are talking about a film where the main character is absent from the big scene. Some of it is very good and the filmmaking is impressive but the lack of a character to care about and root for through 90 minutes of torture just makes it boring as hell. Sorry. I was dying to love this. Also the plot is confusing and convoluted and the last third could have been the entire film.

Jan 19 - 04:35 PM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Except that they do cut to the main character during the mission - when the helo goes down, when the Geronimo call comes in, when the Pak air force is scrambled ..

Jan 20 - 06:49 AM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

NO. That is earlier, not anywhere near the killing of bin laden several minutes later. If she is not the main character in the climax of the film then she NEVER should have been the main character.

Jan 20 - 12:10 PM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Sorry, when you said "the mission" I had in mind a broader definition.

Jan 21 - 06:50 AM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Can't believe I actually did this, but from the time Maya enters the op center to the time she exits to greet the returning SEALs, they cut to her niiiiiiiine tiiiiiiimes. Including, yes, at the time of the Geronimo call.

Jan 22 - 10:14 AM

Jason M.

Jason McCann

I will check again but I was referring to the time on the ground during the actual raid on the actual house. That is what I am referring to. I deleted my fb account hence new login

Jan 28 - 07:49 AM

Jason M.

Jason McCann

I will check again but I was referring to the time on the ground during the actual raid on the actual house. That is what I am referring to. I deleted my fb account hence new login

Jan 28 - 07:49 AM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

I agree this movie is not boring because of lack of car chases and explosions. It's boring because of it's lack of character development or absolutely anything important to say.

Jan 30 - 12:42 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

Mick travis is a queer.

Jan 19 - 07:52 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

You're mother is a fucking whore!

Jan 20 - 10:29 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

and you have bitch tits

Jan 20 - 02:14 PM

JOSE Cabrera

JOSE Cabrera

i think its overrated.

Jan 19 - 07:20 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ok

Jan 19 - 07:48 AM

Kaiser Yusuf

Kaiser Yusuf

It is boring

Jan 17 - 12:52 PM

WClaude

Claude Whiffen

What seems boring about the hunt for the most wanted man in the world? For those of you saying it's slow and boring, give me a break, just because they're not catching a terrorist or blowing something up in every seen doesn't make the movie boring. They were trying to keep the movie somewhat realistic and it took years to find Bin Laden. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, every time you think she has a lead, it's a dead end and she has to start over, no one believed in her, and in the end she gets the job done. Great movie.

Jan 16 - 12:29 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

It's boring because there's not a single thing in it to give a damn about. Boring movies can be made about the most interesting of topics, it's not the topic that makes a movie good. What makes a movie good is that it has intriguing characters and story arches, and this movie had neither.

Jan 30 - 12:44 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Saw this Sunday, while the film stretched in places, overall I loved it and wasn't bored at all. It got increasingly better as Maya's character was shaped out and it was her passion that drove the film (imo) to the exciting finale.

Jan 15 - 11:22 PM

David Browne

David Browne

I wish this was true. Unfortunately, her "passion" is displayed with bogus swearing in key meetings, or the crying jag at the end. She just ends up being immature, even though the real story is that the people for which her character is an amalgamation were truly driven.

Feb 14 - 11:54 AM

Guillermo Nolasco

Guillermo Nolasco

This film was boring until they went to the compound. Im coming from a movie standpoint not a factual standpoint because after all this is a movie. Time progression was muddy, the f bomb replaced actual words, and the characters didn't engage me. Ive read all over the net that Bigglow kept people on the Edge of their seat.... that's a bunch of BS i day dreamed at certain parts of the movie until the random but yet predictable explosions woke me up. Did i mention this movie was predictable? I think that in the way the narrative was shown it had to be that long, but way a boring film with predictable sceene's and muddy plot points (with the exception of the obvious last mission). C grade

Jan 14 - 11:01 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

the hunt for OBL was supposed to be unpredictable?

Jan 15 - 11:19 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

YES.

Jan 19 - 04:44 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

I agree, but the reason for all of that is the lack of a reason to give a damn about Maya,the main character for the first half of the film.

Jan 19 - 04:45 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

There should be a remake of "Funny People" where the cast is replaced with some of the users on this page (and I mean that as a compliment XD).

Jan 14 - 02:24 PM

Brian Watson

Brian Watson

I saw Zero Dark Thirty this past weekend. I know there are R's & D'd and Idependants, etc out there and that we all do not agree on all topics. I think there is one topic we can agree on and that it was a very good thing that OBL was chased down with a capture or kill or kill order. Now some may not like the movie for one reason or another be it not 100% accurate or from acting standpoint etc. Please put all that aside. One this is accurate and very clear, OBL, the animal that killed many many Americans (neighbors, family, loved ones) was taken out. For whatever reason everyone did not run out into the street and be thankful for that outcome. Maybe we just wanted to put an end to it and show we are better than them. BUT what we need to do is to show thanks to the countless men and women that risked their lives and who even were killed chasing him down. We need to say thank you in a big way. Please work with my to ensure that the reviews of this movie are kept at the highest levels. This will be our way to saying thank you. Thank you to those that took on the huge responsibility and who got the job done. THANK YOU!!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zero_dark_thirty/

Jan 13 - 07:27 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Another lemming.

Jan 14 - 01:48 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Another idiot.

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Another son of a whore.

Jan 20 - 10:29 AM

Jan Rotten T.

Jan Rotten Tomato

Brian- it sounds like you're an American. Rather than "liking" a movie, I suggest you show your appreciation for the brave men and women of the US armed forces and the sacrifices they and their families have made by thanking them directly and/or volunteering for organizations that help them directly.

Feb 16 - 06:44 PM

Vanessa Zumwalt

Vanessa Zumwalt

Saw this 1/12/13. My opinion is: Meh....at best. I found the first 2 hrs and 17 minutes mind numbingly long and repetative. The last 20 minutes were action packed and hold my interest. I'd recommend going to a reduced price matinee if you plan on seeing it in the theater. Better yet, wait for DVD (and Netflix).

Jan 13 - 06:29 PM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

Everyone knows by now that Bin Laden had nothing to do with 9/11 and that it was an inside job.

Jan 13 - 11:01 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Oh, everyone knows it? That's a pretty bold statement that makes you sound very idiotic.

Jan 13 - 11:32 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

No, you sound idiotic jackass. What whore gave birth to you?

Jan 14 - 01:49 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I love how you can come up with no arguments, so you just resort to juvenile statements like,"What whore gave birth to you." Really? Is that the best you got?

Jan 14 - 06:08 PM

James Reed

James Reed

This "inside job" business has been debunked completely without fail.

Jan 13 - 12:02 PM

Russell Culpepper

Russell Culpepper

Because the government admitting to taking down multiple buildings is debunking. And care to explain how a boeing 757 just vanishes in the middle of a field in PA? Or how another boeing 757 leaves a hole smaller than it's own size? OR why the government would not let ANYONE touch the debris from the world trade center site?

Jan 13 - 08:14 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

1. not all plane crashes look the same
2. did you think about deterioration?
3. that ash is filled with the remains of thousands of dead people you sick fucktard

Stop believing anything you read

Jan 15 - 08:27 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

You might be the dumbest person EVER. 9/11 was NOT an inside job and all your "theories" (that don't deserve the word) can be debunked by two minutes on youtube.

Jan 30 - 12:46 PM

Sharen Molnar

Sharen Molnar

I am with you Russ, only stupid indoctrinated yanks cant see the truth. The rest of the world can.

Feb 1 - 06:33 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

@Sharon you stupid fuck

Feb 7 - 05:29 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

@Sharon shitheaded fuck, kill your intellectually deprieved self

Feb 27 - 08:34 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

By who? Show us proof jackass!

Jan 14 - 01:49 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

You really think 9/11 was an inside job? Try saying that to an entire crowd in public XD

Jan 14 - 02:01 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Mick is probably one of those people who thinks that George Bush was the cause of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina.

Jan 14 - 06:09 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Mick, why don't you go ahead and show us some proof that it was inside job, you hypocritical piece of shit.

Jan 15 - 01:34 PM

Cancel YourCable

Cancel YourCable

No it hasn't been debunked by anyone.

Jan 28 - 09:54 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Yes it has fucktard

Jan 29 - 07:15 PM

Dick F.

Dick Fellinger

Blaze and Russell are a waste of human intelligence. I could spout off a million reasons why 9/11 was not the government but it wouldn't matter. If people could understand that not everything they read on the internet is true this world would be a lot less complicated. The fact of the matter is that people will believe what they want when they are set on a theory

Jan 14 - 05:51 AM

Kevin Devries

Kevin Devries

please explain tower 7 to me then?

Jan 22 - 04:24 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Jet fuel is explosive and extremely hot. It melted all the beams causing the building to collapse

Jan 22 - 06:04 PM

Chase Bradfield

Chase Bradfield

Lee, shut up.

Feb 16 - 12:17 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Chase, suck a dick you dumbfuck!

Feb 19 - 01:36 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

Yawn. You have a mental problem.

Jan 20 - 12:11 PM

Craig Simmons

Craig Simmons

Kathryn Bigelow says she avoids moral messaging in this movie. She said "depiction is not endorsement" and "The film doesn?t have an agenda, and it doesn?t judge." Utterly amazing! A ambience movie for neocons? Ah...of course not. That would judgemental. She claims her movie doesn't judge, so we would be missing the point if we made moral judgements about the events depicted. Of course- this is merely "history" Bigelow claims...except during the fictional parts. Her keen attraction to torture's brutality was merely to give us only a sense of the "landscape." Would her answer be the same about depicting al queda's bombings? Or the echoes of the final words of the WTC victims? Or how should we view Maya's mission? From Bigelow's statements Maya's feelings should be irrelevant. She cannot be either good or evil. The same for Bin Laden. Both have to be merely props in a vacation commercial since she announced we are wrong to judge such "thorny" issues.
What Bigelow really means is: don't judge her. She wants us to pay the admission price- all sides can see this and not be offended! If we get upset then we are in error because she claims moral neutrality- no agendas remember?
Give me a misguided patriot who champions torture anyday, instead of Bigelows hideous and cowardly cop-outs. Give me a pacifist or terrorist or anyone willing to risk being right and wrong.

Jan 13 - 04:35 AM

Lee Loo

Lee Loo

Well said! However, I think she does make a subtle manipulation toward a "patriotic" stand, starting with the 9/11 911 calls in the beginning and continuing with the numerous scenes and lines of the characters meant to make the characters sympathetic for the "patriotic" viewer ("You can help yourself by being truthful", "I'm the motherfucker who found this place", "I was spared to finish the job" etc.). It is a very manipulative movie and, of course, she doesn't admit it.

Jan 13 - 05:16 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

It doesn't matter that water boarding worked in that situation, it just matters that it was water boarding.

Jan 13 - 11:35 AM

Norma Sassone

Norma Sassone

It actually did not work.

Jan 25 - 02:36 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Really? Well I'm glad I met someone who is all-knowing like you. Just because the liberal media told you that, doesn't make it true.

Feb 4 - 01:58 PM

David Browne

David Browne

I'll take the words of all the interrogation experts who state that the torture does not work, except to torture the victim.

Feb 14 - 11:58 AM

Anthony P.

Anthony Pirtle

And here's the biggest reason not to like the film. It gives foolish people the notion that torture ever worked for us.

Jul 17 - 09:49 PM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

Especially considering that Bin Laden had nothing to do with 9/11 so obviously this movie is a worthless lie. Although the torture is probably the only accurate thing in this piece of crap film funded by the daughter of a rich psychopath.

Jan 12 - 07:16 PM

Mongoose Maelstrom

Mongoose Maelstrom

Look kids, it's a troll - with a shiny, tin foil hat.

Jan 12 - 08:27 PM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

You two morons should have a baby. You're not fooling anyone.

Jan 13 - 11:00 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

la-who-za-her..hehe

Jan 13 - 12:01 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

good god, just run away and learn a few things

Jan 12 - 09:05 PM

James Reed

James Reed

Honestly the movie couldn't have been done any better. Same thing with Argo, a set story but done very well.

Jan 12 - 03:42 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Zero Dark Thirty had absolutely nothing to say, how is that a movie that 'can't be done any better." the main character was not interesting in any way. You sound like one of those film students that think fancy editing and nice pictures make a great movie. They do not. This was a horrible movie (an I loved the Hurt Locker), with one of the weakest main characters in history (though Jessica Chastain--No relation--played her well).

Jan 30 - 12:51 PM

Frank Tolentino

Frank Tolentino

It bores people who get reality from Michael Bay, Stallone and Swartznegger movies

Jan 11 - 03:54 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

What? How did you get that from his statement?

Jan 11 - 05:03 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

NO it bores people who enjoy well written stories in which you have a reason to care about the main character.

Jan 20 - 12:12 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

I hate all three of them and also didn't like this movie.

Jan 30 - 12:51 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

How could you hat the Itallion Stallion?

Feb 7 - 05:30 PM

Frank Tolentino

Frank Tolentino

It bores people who get reality from Michael Bay, Stallone and Swartnegger movies

Jan 11 - 03:53 PM

Marc Vitagliano

Marc Vitagliano

Rather large Let down.
1. They underplayed the polio vaccination ruse.
2. Other than dating some of the Acts within the film.. there no sense of time progression.
3. Much of this movie seemed like it was over edited, giving waaay more time to the torture scenes and then at the end... the SEAL team acted like they were National Guardsmen( no offense to the Nat. Guard.. ;) ).
4. No Epilogue, or final tie off.. like the dumping of the body in the ocean..ect..ect..

This wasn't really well don't.. In my opinion.

Jan 11 - 01:11 PM

Deborah Boyajian

Deborah Boyajian

Agree

Jan 14 - 03:42 AM

Deborah Boyajian

Deborah Boyajian

Also, do not understand how Chastain won the Golden Globe. While not necessarily a poor performance, definitely not Globe or Oscar material!!

Jan 14 - 03:43 AM

Matt d.

Matt diesel

OKay, So I watched this movie after originally seeing it as a propaganda film for anti terrorism. I didn't originally give it a chance, It's stance seemed to be pro torture. But, I watched it twice and I've found it to be a masterpiece of multiculturalism. If you want no better example of bipartisanism watch this film and see how they follow bin laden's raid with massive info destruction. They play the CIA card perfectly, in the fact that they only show you what would be beneficial to the USA and destroy any detrimental information regarding the raid. The movie that was once a sacrament to my nation has become an awakening call to the naive about our motives in the so called "war"

Jan 11 - 01:39 AM

Norma Sassone

Norma Sassone

But Matt. Does the average person who watches this movie see what you did? or do they see ohh torture actually works - cool! I think I'll go torture a cat. We wonder why there is so much violence in our society when movies like this one and those by Quentin Tarantino get fabulous reviews. We are a sick, sick society - we cannot and will not give up our fascination with the effects of violence and torture - like they are the testosterone filled answer to everything. If there is not enough bloodshed and shooting in a movie - it is then boring - a really sad statement on what America has become, really.

Jan 25 - 02:41 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Why would someone torture a cat? What information are you trying to get? "Where's the catnip?" Think of a better example next time, dumb bitch.

Feb 20 - 03:42 PM

Sammy Bommaraju

Sammy Bommaraju

i saw the movie and although the last 45 minutes are awesome, the first 2 hours are really boring and do a poor job explaining how exactly the CIA found the bin laden compound.

Jan 9 - 09:41 PM

Audrey Haydel

Audrey Haydel

movie was freakin boring....#jussayin

Jan 9 - 03:12 PM

Vanessa Zumwalt

Vanessa Zumwalt

Yup, a real yawner.

Jan 13 - 06:32 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Ok I'm sorry for thinking this movie would be boring. I just saw it and it was perfect. Ignore what I said on my thread. Everyone should see this movie.

Jan 5 - 09:03 PM

Ryan Stears

Ryan Stears

Awesome! Thanks, man.

Jan 9 - 07:00 PM

Mongoose Maelstrom

Mongoose Maelstrom

Good job. I agree - it's as close to perfect as movies get and it's an excellent litmus test for the few film critics who didn't like it. I don't expect as much from the general public - although most seem to like it - but any film critic who doesn't respect this film isn't worth their salt.

Jan 12 - 08:31 AM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

Mongoose posts just to spread propaganda. He's probably a relative of the filmmaker or works for some security agency.

Jan 12 - 07:20 PM

Mongoose Maelstrom

Mongoose Maelstrom

Yes, good deductive work Blaze. Actually, I'm both a relative of the filmmaker and I work for a security agency (can't tell you which one but I'll bet you know). And of course since you've written all of this down on the internet, it must be true. Very, very good work. Well, back to the black helicopter for me - you keep unraveling the truth!

Jan 12 - 08:31 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

Weird how on the IMDB website, the movie has a 7/10 rating, but most of the audiences voted 1/10's for torture. Why is that? I'm not defending the movie or anything, but I don't see how it promotes torture.

Jan 1 - 10:24 PM

Ricky Rodriguez

Ricky Rodriguez

I don't think it promoted torture either. It captured the torture that was going on and Maya's initial reaction to it is probably similar to anyone's reaction to it. Even the ending, when they raid the compound, seems to have a bittersweet feeling attached to it, casting the glory of the moment in a lukewarm light. The film serves as an account of the events as well as a critique of them. I liked this movie a lot and I wasn't bored at any point (though my butt did get numb).

Jan 12 - 02:31 PM

Norma Sassone

Norma Sassone

But, Ricky, I bet you thought it was pretty cool to WATCH that torture in a movie, huh?

Jan 25 - 02:42 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Shut the fuck up, Norma.

Feb 18 - 09:34 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Promoting torture or not, it was a bad movie.

Jan 30 - 12:53 PM

Tammara Summey

Tammara Summey

Bryce u are about as dumb as they come go on over and ride a camel u stupied towl head lover.

Dec 30 - 01:56 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

nicce

Jan 1 - 01:37 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

racist fucktarded bitch.
P.s. Bryce is a fucktard too

Jan 7 - 02:25 PM

Bryce Weir

Bryce Weir

I personally will not sit through this because if it follows in the same footsteps of that 9/11 movie (the one about the firemen that go into the twin towers), then all this movie will do is try to make big ol' America look like the good guys killing some old man in the middle of the desert that somehow coordinated a attack on the World's most powerful nation. I've seen too many documentaries and talked with too many physicists who say what happened on that day was more than some planes crashing into some towers. Looked more like a controlled demolition to me and a whole lot of people...

Dec 29 - 12:53 PM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Just how many physicists is TOO many?

Dec 29 - 06:53 PM

Kate  W.

Kate Watkins

I wondered that, too...

Jan 4 - 02:46 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

please go away,and dont ever come back. you sir hate america and deserve to be deported. he was not a pooor old man, he was a fucking monster. you sir have your head shoved 3 feet right up your ass

Dec 30 - 11:29 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

I'm sorry, but you are such a dick.

Jan 1 - 09:48 PM

Ryan Nay

Ryan Nay

wow, you mean you watched some videos on YouTube and chatted with some mentally handicapped people on the internet who also saw those videos? You must be an expert on everything.

Jan 1 - 09:08 PM

Mongoose Maelstrom

Mongoose Maelstrom

Ha - exactly. How can distrustful, paranoid people believe so deeply in the honesty of the internet?

Jan 12 - 08:33 AM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

Like that which comes out of your psychopathic brain, right? Accept your true nature... such a shame.

Jan 12 - 07:22 PM

Casey Ferguson

Casey Ferguson

This is probably the most ignorant thing I have ever seen. Congratulations.

Jan 4 - 06:33 AM

Brendan Adams

Brendan Adams

Agreed. This guy is a tool.

Jan 6 - 08:56 PM

Michael Slosson

Michael Slosson

Tools can be useful, calling this guy a "tool" is giving him more than he deserves! He has not talked to any physicists, engineers, or architects. There is a reason why steel beams get a special fireproof sprayed on coating usually giving the structure a 2 hr rating before failure in a normal fire. The World Trade Center was not a normal fire, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel dumped into a concentrated area and the exterior or the WTC was a main source of the structure. The mullions that ran up the outside of the exterior where blown out on two sides when the planes crashed thus taking away key elements of the floor structural strength. All these things combined and when the floor that the planes hit failed the weight of the other floors above it just crushed the others below.

Jan 7 - 07:18 PM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

and you're not ignorant, you're so enlightened. You have no idea what you're talking about. You, like millions, are oblivious to the objective truth behind the reality in which you exist. Of course the twin towers were demoed. This guy just fucken wrote that he talked to physicists and other and you're saying he's ignorant? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but how many interviews and documentaries have you seen? Who is the ignorant one?

Jan 12 - 07:25 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

You all are fucking idiots.

Jan 14 - 01:50 PM

Marc Vitagliano

Marc Vitagliano

Controlled demolition?
oh god, you're one of those people...
Mr. Weir.. go occupy something.

Jan 11 - 01:03 PM

Blaze Firestarter

Blaze Firestarter

Of course it was a controlled demolition. I can't believe there are people out there who think it wasn't.

Jan 12 - 07:26 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Right, because thousands of people just faked their own deaths! fucktard

Jan 12 - 09:50 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842 there are SCIENTISTS saying everything the government said about 9/11 is true. Now STFU and get a life.

Jan 30 - 12:55 PM

Ricky Rodriguez

Ricky Rodriguez

your choice. the film isn't as pro-american as you'd believe it to be. It does take a few critical swipes at some of the events and proccesses. In my opinion, it is worth a viewing or two.

Jan 12 - 02:34 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842 scientists that debunk the conspiracy theories.

Jan 30 - 12:55 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

seems boring huh, you be happy this man is dead you whinny bitch

Dec 28 - 07:48 PM

Alexis P.

Alexis Pascal

Just because you don't want to see a movie about it, doesn't mean you aren't happy bin Laden is dead. I'm glad they found a cure for penicillin but it doesn't necessarily mean I want to watch a movie about it, unless it's well written, compelling, with great characterization. There are good and bad ways to tell a story. That being said, I haven't seen this movie yet, so I haven't an opinion either way.

Jan 2 - 05:27 PM

Sue Dudek

Sue Dudek

Three of us saw it in Los Angeles yesterday. The film was packed. There were police everywhere "just in case" they said. The movie reads like a documentary. The last thirty minutes were the best. At the end only a few people clapped. We were all disappointed

Dec 20 - 07:06 AM

Ryan Widger

Ryan Widger

Really, it comes down to Boal, the crew, and the cast...i think it would be hard to mess this one up.

Dec 16 - 07:51 PM

Doug S.

Doug Spicer

I do. No judging by me until I see it. Historically many movies get great reviews by conceited and self important critics, but as far the public is concerned the movie sucks and the public votes with its wallet. The same goes for movies the critics pan.

Dec 16 - 06:00 AM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

got to say i don't know why the audience in general is supposed to be so much better in deciding the worth of a film though I see this declaration all the time. If critics love a movie the audience hates then then they are conceited and if they pan a film the people love they are elitist snobs or some such. Why can't the public just have garbage taste?

Dec 16 - 09:14 PM

Alan Behrens

Alan Behrens

You got it Grant. So true

Jan 5 - 12:27 AM

montezbush1

Montez Bush

Okay so Twilight must be a modern Classic? And Rihanna better than the Beatles and Bob Dylan, eh? Yeah...that logic = fail.

Dec 17 - 12:20 AM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

for myself, i won't be judging this until i see it

Dec 15 - 12:06 PM

Matt McCulla

Matt McCulla

Don't judge a film you haven't seen

Dec 14 - 02:06 PM

Valdred Dethstorm Naamah

Valdred Dethstorm Naamah

Yeah, that's what I'm asking myself.
The Hurt Locker was a boring turd and it won almost everything anyway. But hey, it was kind of predictable that this movie about "Bin Laden dies, fuck yeah America" was going to get showered in praises and awards.

Dec 14 - 01:47 PM

Timothy J M.

Timothy J Milan

I have not heard anything anywhere that this movie is pro fuck yeah america. some people actually have said they dont like how the movie does not take sides. If it was all fuck eyah america, actual movie quality would probably be lost in the sea of stars and stripes and critics would note that. They aren't all invalids.

Dec 19 - 09:53 PM

Ryan Nay

Ryan Nay

the movie wasn't directed by Michael Bay so what are you basing your asinine opinion on?

Jan 1 - 09:10 PM

Taylor Schleich

Taylor Schleich

This was not at all "fuck yeah America." That was something I was worried about coming in. It was very neutral and really contained no aspects of American patriotism. The film that is a "fuck yeah America" kinda film was Argo, which is why it pisses me off that it was nominated for so many Oscars

Jan 11 - 11:07 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Fucking agreed. Visual set design was amazing in Argo, very nostalgic, but the jingoism was just nuts XD

Jan 14 - 02:16 PM

BobHarris

Rich Aurillia

Sad thing is, this film will probably be better than The Hurt Locker and not win best pic based on here winning a few years ago with similar material.

Dec 12 - 01:24 PM

Tammy du Drewberry

Tammy du Drewberry

Yep.

Jan 10 - 07:49 AM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Maybe all 28 reviews (and counting) are TOTALLY wrong.

Dec 11 - 05:12 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Haha maybe.

Dec 12 - 03:11 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

It's called having interests in certain subjects

Dec 11 - 06:07 AM

Justen Noll

Justen Noll

Seems kinda boring? WHAT?! That seems like a iffy accusation.

Dec 10 - 05:41 PM

ballermat982

ballermat 982

Yea, dramas never get good reviews right?

Dec 10 - 11:08 AM

Matt Searing

Matt Searing

All I think of when I hear about this movie is a room full of suits today after Bin Ladin died saying "lets fast track this, I want oscars"....barf

Dec 10 - 06:32 AM

Vinny Andreotti

Vinny Andreotti

To quote Bob Chipman:

"You ever actually read the book 'The Godfather' was based on? It's not all that good, but you give that to Francis Ford Coppola and he makes it into one of the greatest films of all time. 'The Bonfire of the Vanities' is regarded as one of the most important books of the modern age. They made it into a movie with Tom Hanks and it SUCKED. I've seen shitty movies based on the live of Christ [The Passion}. I've seen excellent movies based on funny books about a rich guy who dresses up as a rodent and beats up bank robbers because he misses his mommy [The Dark Knight]."

Filmmaking rule #1: You Can Make A Good Movie Out Of Anything

Dec 8 - 03:08 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

good points. :)

Dec 8 - 10:08 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

doesn't mean it always works. There are some books that are very good and have been adapted very well like the Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings, and there are books that are poorly-written like the twilight saga, whose film adaptions are as bland as staring at a brick wall and ultimately suck.

Dec 10 - 09:42 AM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

It isn't saying good movies are only made out of bad ideas. It's saying that a good movie can come from ANYTHING including good or bad ideas, as well as bad ones. Obviously this looks like Zero Dark Thirty happens to be one of those good ones.

Jan 2 - 09:56 AM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

That's awesome ;)

Dec 11 - 06:07 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

HEY, I thought Passion was great and I'm not even Christian XD

Jan 14 - 02:18 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

Yeah I see where you're coming from. It's an interesting subject, but by the amount of praise it's getting from critics, it's probably two and half hours of boring bullshit and then twenty minutes of action.

Dec 8 - 02:50 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

So says the guy with John McClane as his avatar; the less violence and action it has, the more it sucks. This is not going to be that jingoistic piece of shit that ACT OF VALOR was, just remember that.

Dec 8 - 04:27 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

So says the guy with John McClane as his avatar; the less violence and action it has, the more it sucks. This is not going to be that jingoistic piece of shit that ACT OF VALOR was, just remember that.

Oh, you didn't like DRIVE, the best action of 2011. No wonder.

Dec 8 - 04:29 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction and there's next to zero action in it at all, so I don't know what you're trying to say. And if Drive is an action movie, then Rambo is a romantic comedy.

Dec 8 - 05:32 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction and there's almost on action i it at all so I don't know what you're trying to say. And I would say something about your avatar, but I'm not an asshole. And finally, if Drive is an action movie, then Rambo is a romantic comedy.

Dec 8 - 05:34 PM

James P.

James Phoenix

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction and that has almost no action at all, so I don't know what you're talking about. And I would say something about your avatar, but I'm not an asshole. And finally, Mr. Kulik, if Drive is an action movie, then Rambo is a romantic comedy.

Dec 8 - 05:36 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

Rambo IS a romantic comedy... xD

Dec 10 - 09:44 AM

James P.

James Phoenix

And I've never seen Act of Valor, so again I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Dec 8 - 05:38 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Fine, I'm sorry for "assuming" that you have an action bias, despite the fact I was taking from what you said and not just your avatar. But don't assume or think you know what ZERO DARK THIRTY is without even watching it. That's the point I was trying to make, sorry if I came off like an asshole.

Dec 10 - 02:21 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Drive was the best action movie of 2011? Did you think Yogi Bear was the best action movie of 2010?

Dec 8 - 05:52 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Uh, DRIVE got a 15-minute standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival. YOU LOST!

Dec 10 - 10:43 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

@Christopher Kulik. Wait, Drive got a standing ovation? NO WAY! Holy shit now it's my favorite movie because it got a standing ovation at the Cannes Festival. I really hope that Breaking Dawn got a standing ovation because then I could allow myself to love that piece of shit as well! Thank you for sharing with me how you decide whether a movie is good or not.

Dec 10 - 01:14 PM

Cory German

Cory German

Drive definitely isn't an action film, but it was one of the best of 2011, and my personal favorite.

Dec 11 - 03:25 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

James has a point. This movie is being advertised as really exciting, but in reality it's probably gonna be a bore fest.

Dec 8 - 05:54 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

It'll probably feel similar to Argo, minus the humor. Did you think Argo was a bore fest?

Dec 8 - 08:23 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Don't assume. I have my reservations myself, due to the controversy of the filmmakers getting special access to classified material. Jeez, wait until the film comes out and watch it before you assume it is a "bore-fest." POINT BREAK and THE HURT LOCKER were not bore-fests!

Dec 10 - 10:45 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Yeah, don't assume you know anything about James when all you know is that he likes Die Hard. If I judged you off your avatar, I'd you say you were probably homosexual, but you see, that's just ignorant.

Dec 8 - 05:59 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

You think Malcom McDowell is a homo?

Dec 8 - 08:15 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

He has no idea who Mick Travis is obviously. SMILE!

Dec 10 - 10:46 AM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Oh and Cody: James assumed it was a bore-fest, so I assumed he only likes action. Perception is reality.

Dec 10 - 10:49 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Your logic confuses me. He thinks that Zero Dark Tihrty will be a bore-fest, so he automatically likes action movies only? You do know that action movies and dramas are not the only two genres out there, right? I don't think that's called perception, I think that's more like narrow-minded or simply, being a douchebag.

Dec 10 - 01:18 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

@Christopher Kulik. Your logic confuses me. Because James thinks that Zero Dark Thirty is not his type of movie, that automatically means that he's only into action movies? You know there are more than just action movies and dramas out there, right? That's not called perception, that's more like narrow-minded or simply just being a douchebag.

Dec 10 - 01:21 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

"By the amount of praise it's getting from critics, it's probably two and half hours of boring bullshit and then twenty minutes of action." You are telling me me when you read this quote, you don't see an action bias? The avatar was just icing on the cake for me. The point is, don't assume what ZERO DARK THIRTY is until you actually watch. I have massive reservations about it, yet I'm still going to wait and see what it's like before assuming what the hell it is. (Also, I suffer from PTSD, so that that with a grain of salt.)

Dec 10 - 02:16 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Hey, Christopher! Your avatar is a pic of McDowell, right? Young McDowell.

Dec 8 - 08:16 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I would've never guessed that his avatar is Malcolm McDowell because I'm used to seeing the older version. But, I'm just saying that it's pretty childish to make assumptions about people based on their profile pic.

Dec 9 - 10:17 AM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Yep, it's McDowell in the 1973 masterpiece O LUCKY MAN!, about a young coffee salesman who experiences both horror and pleasure in a warped Britain. It's both a followup to Lindsay Anderson's if.... and a sprawling allegorical adaptation of Voltaire's "Candide."

Dec 10 - 10:48 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

I FUCKING KNEW IT

Dec 10 - 11:04 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

While I loved drive, the best action film of 2011 was Ghost Protocol. VIVA LA CRUISE

Dec 8 - 08:17 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

the ghost proctologist was better.

Dec 17 - 01:59 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

You know your "pseudo-Spanish" statement makes no sense, right?

Jan 12 - 09:03 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Sorry, mexican isn't first first language.

Feb 23 - 01:45 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Sorry, mexican isn't my first language.

Feb 23 - 01:47 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

um, what does his avatar have to do with anything? also, saying that there's 20 minutes of action at the end doesn't make him so action movie lover.

he's allowed to dislike drive. i personally really enjoy that movie.

Dec 8 - 10:12 PM

Mike Andersen Del Percio

Mike Andersen Del Percio

O.k, when the kid is saying that the movie looks boring because it "only has 20 minutes of action," that would indicate that he requires action in order to keep himself entertained. When someone complains about the lack of action in a movie it's understanding to draw the conclusion that he is action biased and an action movie lover.

Jan 9 - 08:10 AM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

I think it will be good nearly the same way the Hurt Locker and Argo were good.

Dec 8 - 07:54 AM

Eric Mccoy

Eric Mccoy

to Joe McAdam, they will believe this just like you'll believed 2016 Obama's America, guess were even now lmao...

Dec 8 - 07:44 AM

Bolin Xiang

Bolin Xiang

Dec 7 - 01:59 PM

Joe McAdam

Joe McAdam

The problem with this piece of State Department-sponsored propaganda is that the less enlightened viewers will believe it's true. They really will believe that the most wanted man in the world was captured, killed and buried at sea, and without a shred of recorded proof. I trust there's plenty of reference in the film to the Bin Laden family's close ties with the Bush family.

Dec 7 - 06:36 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

i like milk with my cereal, thank you very much.

Dec 8 - 11:31 AM

Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders

I suppose you will have to help us understand how skepticism equates to enlightenment ...

Dec 12 - 01:58 PM

Luchie Marumahoko

Luchie Marumahoko

Like what happened with 2016 obama america?

Dec 13 - 01:47 AM

Ryan Nay

Ryan Nay

The evidence that this story is true is fairly overwhelming. What evidence do you have that supports whatever ridiculous fantasy you believe in? Debunked YouTube videos? Random speculation by morons? Fuzzy pictures of BigFoot and BinLaden hanging out together at the London Olympics?

Jan 1 - 09:13 PM

TheMovieFilmGuy

Bob Picture

Absolutely magnificent filmmaking. 2 hrs and 40 mins and never looked at my watch once. The direction, script, editing and performances are flawless. Terrific original music as well stunning cinematography.
"The Hurt Locker" was no fluke ... Bigelow is the real deal.

Dec 6 - 08:43 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

awesome. i'm glad you find it as good as the critics have. i'm eagerly anticipating this film.

Dec 8 - 11:31 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

I'm sure your dreaded "military talk", as you put it, will be handled in a suspenseful and engaging manner. And it will be build-up to the compound raid. I'm sure the movie will be well done, based on advance reviews and the pedigree of it's filmmakers and cast.

Dec 6 - 05:23 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

I second this opinion. I can see, William, where you're coming from, but there's more than just a documentary perspective.

Dec 6 - 05:45 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

I second this opinion. I can see, William, where you're coming from, but there's more than just a documentary perspective to this story.

Dec 6 - 05:45 PM

Liam Cochran

Liam Cochran

Doesn't sound boring in the slightest...

Dec 6 - 03:11 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Well only if you're into these kind of movies where it seems like nothing but "military talk" until the end.

Dec 6 - 03:27 PM

Andrew Edmark

Andrew Edmark

Well, if you glorify a film like Drive, I can see why you'd find something actually intellectual and challenging to be boring.

Dec 6 - 09:22 PM

JD Shippel

JD Shippel

Snob alert. Also, cutting on Drive makes no sense, as it is an excellent film that also features a lot of talk, and is pretty minimalist in terms of pointless action thrown in.

Dec 7 - 01:18 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

drive was awesome. this movie will most likely be awesome. you can appreciate both. i agree with jd, there isn't much action in drive. there's a bit of talk, but not much from the main character. i feel the music, actions, and tones are a big part of the movie, more than the dialogue.

Dec 8 - 11:27 AM

James P.

James Phoenix

I didn't like Drive, but who gives a shit what his profile pic is?

Dec 8 - 02:48 PM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

my profile picture says next to nothing about me, so i agree with you.

Dec 8 - 10:09 PM

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

I think that there are many movies out there with just "talk" than are very engaging. But if it's not your type of movie then I can understand. But it doesn't make this movie bad because you think it is. Just saying. ;-)

Dec 7 - 10:43 AM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

Yea, The Social Network is just talking literally the whole and it's one of the most gripping, on edge of my seat movies I have ever scene due to its perfect direction, amazing script, supreme performances, and amazing music/soundtrack. Just talking in some movies can be the best parts.

Dec 10 - 06:08 PM

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

I agree Branden. The Social Network is a perfect example. Great movie. As great as the King's Speech was I thought that Social Network was going to win best pic that year. :-)

Dec 11 - 07:00 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

branden, i agree (heck, i own the ost and love listening to it). it's like an action movie, except the battles are fought with words, body language, tones, etc. i thoroughly enjoyed that movie.

Dec 17 - 01:57 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

not everyone will be entertained by this. i am looking forward to it though, as it seems to ignore politics, wars, and the outside world and focuses on this cia agents laser-sharp focus on getting osama. seems very interesting to me. the slow build up to the climax? gives me goosebumps.

Dec 8 - 11:30 AM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Actually, even the federal government said this movie soesn't have a shred of truth--and that was both Republicans and Democrats.

Jan 30 - 12:57 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile