• Directed By:
    Kathryn Bigelow
    In Theaters:
    Jan 11, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 19, 2013
  • Columbia Pictures

ZDT consensus vs Hobbit consensus

Zero Dark Thirty has a consensus and it doesn't even come out till 12/19. But the hobbit doesn't have a consensus and it comes out five days before ZDT. Is RT bias? Or does ZDT have a consensus just because it's a military movie about Bin Laden? Why doesn't the Hobbit have a consensus yet?
Zach Wisz
12-10-2012 01:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh its quite simple, the hobbit blows

Dec 30 - 11:30 AM

Chris D.

Chris Ducat

Moot point now...it has a consensus and it's much weaker than the LotR series :( Apparently I need to lower my expectations a bit.

Dec 13 - 06:29 AM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

also, the hobbit has more reviews than ZDT. I don't think it's fair to release a consensus for one movie before another movie that comes out five days before it.

Dec 10 - 02:00 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Just one thing: ZERO DARK THIRTY has been winning awards galore, while the HOBBIT hasn't gotten jack shit. I think it's safe enough to give it a consensus; it's probably not going to get many negative reviews. And don't get me wrong: speaking as someone who served eight years in the military, I do have huge reservations for ZERO DARK THIRTY, particularly when it comes to the controversy of the filmmakers gaining access to classified material in the Pentagon.

Dec 10 - 02:06 PM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

hey chris. never mind about the hobbit: it just so happens that there is a consensus for it. i can rest in peace now.

Dec 10 - 02:08 PM

Daniel Martone

Daniel Martone

What do you think of the ending being changed? The marines say they shot Bin Laden as he poked his head out his bedroom door, wearing nothing but underwear and not carrying a gun (I have no problem with this), but the film portrays a defiant to the end Bin Laden, clothed and armed.

Dec 11 - 09:07 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I guess it wouldn't be typical Hollywood if the bad guy was killed in his tighty whities.

Dec 13 - 07:18 PM

Michael Kavusak

Michael Kavusak

actually he is just wearing robes. Hes not armed.

Jan 10 - 12:26 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile