On DVD:
    Mar 19, 2013
  • Columbia Pictures

Best war film. What do you guys think?

Zero Dark Thirty
Himanshu Pant
12-22-2012 11:12 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

vCJv

Chris Jarrett

Is this a war film? The trailers do not lead me to believe this is the case.

Jan 22 - 06:46 AM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

I prefer PAths of Glory and Barry Lyndon, but Saving Private Ryan's opening on D Day Scene is probably one of the best War/Battle SCENES.

Jan 20 - 12:13 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

It's not a war film but a propaganda film, like TRIUMPH OF THE WILL, MRS. MINIVER, IN WHICH WE SERVE. You haven't seen a war film until you've seen THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES.

Jan 20 - 10:51 AM

Taylor B.

Taylor Born

I would have to say Platoon or Paths of Glory, this film is less of a war film, and more of a special services film, for it focuses more on the CIA, than the war itself.

Jan 20 - 10:38 AM

Matt Hastings

Matt Hastings

Yeah no, this isn't anywhere near the best war film. Saving Private Ryan will always be the best war film in my opinion.

Jan 18 - 11:55 AM

Opal Segers

Opal Segers

This film spent too much time on the pursuit of Bin Laden (torture, spying, tracking, wiretaps) and nothing on the Obama's administration to move forward and attack the compound. Also, missed was the Seals practicing at mock up of Bin Laden's fortress.

Jan 17 - 04:16 PM

Taylor B.

Taylor Born

The film is almost 3 hours long, so I can understand why they would not film or cut them practicing, also they didn't show anything about the Bush admin, so why show anything about Obama. This film was about the search for bin laden, not just about attacking the compound and they did mention briefly that the admin for Obama agreed to attack the compound.

Jan 20 - 10:40 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

"The film was about the search for bin laden..." Sure it was, lol!

Jan 20 - 11:32 AM

William J.

William Johnsten

Apocalypse Now, Saving Private Ryan, and Lawrence of Arabia were better.

Jan 17 - 12:07 AM

Calvin C.

Calvin Candie

This movie will never top Apocalypse Now.

Jan 16 - 09:52 PM

Taylor Schleich

Taylor Schleich

It was a great film but that's a little too high praise... Right now at least. Full Metal Jacket would be my choice.

Jan 11 - 11:00 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

This wasn't a war film. Just because it has soldiers in it, doesn't make it a war film.

Jan 11 - 05:47 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Saving Private Ryan will probably always be my favorite war film.

Jan 6 - 10:01 PM

Steven Trentman

Steven Trentman

Apocalypse Now. Although I haven't seen many war films.

Jan 1 - 09:14 PM

TC W.

TC Wong

Note even close. The lead up is interesting enough. The poorly casted, under equipped, flabby looking SEALs ruined it. Especially as they bumbled from room to room, hestitating before and pondering after each kill, calling out for Bin Laden as they stumbled along.

Dec 26 - 08:45 PM

William J.

William Johnsten

It's called realism. Did you think it was superman going door to door? These soldiers are pondering because they could be shot at any second.

Jan 17 - 12:08 AM

Schiller Poland

Schiller Poland

eh.....is this the only type of film that katheryn bigelow is going to make now? it seems like she just keeps getting rewarded for making films about iraq. I havent seen the film, but can anyone dissuade me from thinking that people love this movie just because its a story everyone wants to see?

Dec 26 - 08:19 PM

Taylor B.

Taylor Born

Could just be a trilogy, film makers have done this before.

Jan 20 - 10:42 AM

Tyler Dylan Brown

Tyler Dylan Brown

Just watch the pacific.

Dec 26 - 01:52 PM

Jackson Eckert

Jackson Eckert

This barely qualifies as a "war film." It's a manhunt film that just happens to take place during the War on Terror. I'd compare it more to The Fugitive. Anyways, Apocalypse Now is the greatest war film ever made. Without a doubt.

Dec 24 - 10:26 AM

Chubby Movie Goer

Chubby Movie Goer

Braveheart, 300, Starship Troopers, Tropic Thunder?

Dec 24 - 03:42 AM

Daniel Martone

Daniel Martone

All Quiet on the Western Front(1930), The Great Escape, Gettysburg, Patton, They Were Expendable, and The Big Red One.

Dec 23 - 03:43 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Apocalypse Now

Dec 23 - 01:27 PM

Deyan Angelov

Deyan Angelov

Phahhahah. Saving Privet Ryan, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Thin Red Line, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, The Deer Hunter...Come on, man.

Dec 23 - 08:55 AM

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Black Hawk Down (without having seen 0D30 yet)

Dec 23 - 07:09 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile