• Directed By:
    Kathryn Bigelow
    In Theaters:
    Jan 11, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 19, 2013
  • Columbia Pictures

Opinions anyone?

I know you guys read two of my spreads that sounds like I'm defending the movie. Well, I'm not, I just do not like the people who judge a movie before seeing. I also cannot tell if you guys saw or not it so do not contradict me. What is your guy's opinions on this movie. To be honest, I think this movie will do OK, but I do not agree with torture being the influential minds of locating Bin Laden. I got say though, the final scene in the trailer looks suspenseful :D
Anthony Felix
12-30-2012 10:10 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Marc H.

Marc Hochman

Saw it tonight. I think I was bracing myself for 25 solid minutes of brutal, stomach-churning torture scenes at the start, and I have to say the descriptions I've read of these scenes (both in their viciousness and their duration) have been overwrought. It wasn't pleasant of course, but nor was it particularly hard to sit through. The raid lines up very well with the accounts in all of the books. It looked at the end like there was a dead child, which did not happen, so I'm thinking on second viewing I'll see it was the wife of the courier's brother. Looking forward to seeing this one again.

Jan 4 - 08:17 PM

Rob Croxson

Rob Croxson

I've seen it and I liked it. It's a very methodical movie with no big emotional set pieces, but it keeps you interested until the final showdown. There was more time devoted to the torture scenes than I expected, and I can see why this has led to further debate. How accurate was the movie, we'll never know, but Hollywood isn't a history class.

Jan 4 - 12:26 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

For some odd reason, the people I know that are republican, do not want to see this movie. I'm still wondering and I'm a republican :) Do you guys know why?

Jan 4 - 03:39 PM

Joseph Chastain

Joseph Chastain

Because the film distorts the truth and anyone, whether Democrat or Republican can see that.

Jan 30 - 12:59 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

looks really enjoyable

Jan 3 - 12:08 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

Sorry if I called you a dick in the post "How on earth can this movie get good reviews". I thought you were being mean to someone else who was trashing you or the film.

Jan 3 - 12:27 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ohh its k

Jan 3 - 08:01 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Opinion of how I think it will be? Probably very good.

Dec 31 - 04:58 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile