• Directed By:
    Kathryn Bigelow
    In Theaters:
    Jan 11, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 19, 2013
  • Columbia Pictures

The Academy knows nothing

Zero Dark Thirty was way better than Lincoln. This should have recieved more nominations. And how did Kathryn Bigelow not get nominated for Best Director? It will be yet another disappointing Oscar season.
Ryan J.
01-10-2013 09:44 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

hollis m.

hollis mills

Mick travis is a Bee-otch !!!!

Jan 20 - 02:15 PM

This comment has been removed.

hollis m.

hollis mills

not b4 you get eata steamy load

Jan 20 - 02:50 PM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

IN all seriousness, you are wrong. :)

Jan 20 - 12:13 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

People on here love to bitch with their bullshit, don't they? Reifenstahl already has her fucking Oscar!!!!

Jan 20 - 10:19 AM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

It's gonna be hell when you realize what you are. I don't envy you one bit.

Jan 20 - 12:16 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Whatever asshole LOL

Jan 20 - 02:11 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

nah, you are a fag

Jan 20 - 02:13 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Sorry, love cunnilingus long time...

Jan 20 - 02:41 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

um, fag

Jan 20 - 02:51 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

You have no idea what cunnilingus is? Sounds like you are the fag...

Jan 20 - 02:58 PM

Andrew Kafoury

Andrew Kafoury

Lincoln was a much better film. With way better acting.

Jan 20 - 03:35 AM

Mongoose Maelstrom

Mongoose Maelstrom

There are lots of Oscar snubs, dodges and omissions but not even nominating Bigelow for Zero Dark Thirty is the worst I've seen in years. Hard to say if it's political, sexist or just stupid. Regardless, it will greatly diminish the director's award for the winner.

Jan 12 - 08:45 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...Get over it you losers!

Jan 20 - 10:23 AM

Jason McCann

Jason McCann

Ah, so you go on boards where people come to express opinions about movies, and then tell them not have opinions about movies. Got it.

Jan 20 - 12:14 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Uh, when did I tell him not to have opinions on movies? Are you fucking retarded?

Jan 20 - 02:12 PM

Michael Casey

Michael Casey

Completely agree with this assessment. I believe its because all the news ZDT has been garnering in the media mostly negative and mostly from those who have yet to see it. The Academy are a bunch of spineless geriatrics who are fearful of talking about a dark subject that did occur in US history. That might ruin its chances at a Best Picture win at least. Shame. However, the box office will speak differently, becuase whoever does win people will be talking about this film for years and years to come. Personally, the Academy started going downhill the year they awarded the best picture to Shakespeare in Love instead of Saving Private Ryan.

Jan 11 - 11:20 PM

This comment has been removed.

Alan Brizan

Alan Brizan

Zero Dark Thirty is awesome... better than Hurt Locker by miles....thats all i will say.

Jan 11 - 08:15 AM

Mac

Joe Jarosz

Completely disagree.....ZDT was mediocre at best, Hurt Locker was far superior. This year, compare ZDT to The Master or Moonrise Kingdom...or even Skyfall. Those 3 all deserved nominations over ZDT. ZDT just does not represent the art of filmaking. Yes, the last 40 minutes were great, they were...but, it just lacked something. Argo just did such a better job than ZDT, loved Argo, not into ZDT at all.

Jan 11 - 10:01 AM

Taylor Schleich

Taylor Schleich

I agree with Alan, Zero Dark Thirty was WAYYY better than The Hurt Locker and certainly superior to Argo. The film maintained an intensity throughout and I left the theatre emotionally and physically enthralled in the film. My palms and body were sweating, I honestly can't think of a recent film that's been this intense, nerve-racking and exciting. It was truly an amazing film.

Jan 11 - 10:58 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ohhhhh you have such shitty taste for filmography.

Jan 11 - 06:00 PM

Ricky Rodriguez

Ricky Rodriguez

I feel that Ben Affleck and Kathryn Bigelow were both snubbed by not being nominated. Both movies are pretty great in their own ways. This all-or-nothing mentality that you have doesn't surprise me. Your all-caps sexist diatribe is stale shit...

Jan 11 - 10:23 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

The biggest snub this year was Bigelow not getting a nom, IMO.

Jan 10 - 04:27 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

The best reviewed and most awarded movie of the year is snubbed for best director. It sucks too because It has a very low shot at picture now. They never give a movie picture without nominating it for director. Lincoln wasn't that great for me and so I will be disappointed probably, too unless they split the picture/director awards. As in: not giving everything to Lincoln. And I'll be happy if Phillip Seymour Hoffman wins.

Jan 10 - 03:13 PM

Calvin C.

Calvin Candie

Lincoln deserves all the nominations it recieved and I'm sure Zero Dark Thirty will still win this year. The most disappointing thing was that Tarantino wasn't nominated for best director this year.

Jan 10 - 09:49 AM

Ryan J.

Ryan Johnson

I know, Tarantino should have also been nominated this year which proves my point. Nice one "Calvin" ;-)

Jan 10 - 09:52 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

I loved the movie Django Unchained :D Movie was the best I seen so far.

Jan 10 - 02:47 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i know, its so sad

Jan 10 - 04:20 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile