Zombie Dearest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zombie Dearest Reviews

April 11, 2013
Low budget zombie movie in the comedic horror vein which is not really my thing. The acting is bad; Shauna Black did the best of the bunch. The story is beyond silly. The stand-up comedy act that is part of the plot featured the lamest jokes I've ever heard. I neither laughed nor had any scares or frights from anything in this. I give it this rating purely for effort and decent zombie effects (though very few of them there were).
July 6, 2012
Stupid, but fun. The characters are alright and I laughed a few times throughout. The plot is interesting enough but there are a lot of stupid points and dialog. The gore isn't too good but there's not much of it, however the zombie makeup is decent. The ending was pretty good too.
January 26, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
September 1, 2013
Opening with a bad voice over dialogue and supposedly supposed to be funny jokes, are not so funny. I wasted my time here, and everyone else will to. I can cut a fart and it would still be funnier than this!
April 11, 2013
July 6, 2012
½ February 1, 2012
Seriously... I want the last hour and a half of my life back. Still not as bad as Satan's Little Helper though...
½ October 22, 2011
I wanted to like it as it was filmed on my home turf, the Jesus billboard seen at the beginning isn't very far from the house i grew up in. The film quality is decent and the acting's not too bad, problem is not that much actually happens making for a boring hour and a half.
September 14, 2011
This was pretty much "Fido" with no budget... it was still kind of funny though.
½ January 27, 2011
When a couple with marital problems move back to the country to renevate the wife's family home, they dig up more than weeds in the back yard.

This slow-moving movie has a decent enough idea behind it, but the meandering unfocused script detracts from what could have been a nice little black comedy. The story doesn't really go anywhere for the first 20 minutes, and when it is does, it does not really explain any of Quinto's back-story. The humour falls flat in most places, but did bring a smile a couple of times. The characters are all likeable but felt like they had a lack of development. The horror is non-existent, and what little gore there is, did not feel like it belonged alongside the rest of the movie. The final 20 minutes were pretty good but ultimately let down with a complete 'cop-out' ending. All in all, this is an ok movie, but is full of missed opportunities.
February 28, 2010
Part Zombie horror, part rom-com, mostly rubbish. This has much better acting than Zombie Town but it's just really not very good.