McMahon: Headed for "Casino Royale"?

Julian McMahon, best known for his work on "Nip/Tuck," may be one of the frontrunners for the part of James Bond in the next 007 film, "Casino Royale," according to the Mirror. The Australian actor said producers would make a decision in a few months, and that the part was between him and another actor, widely believed to be Clive Owen. McMahon plays Dr. Doom in the forthcoming "Fantastic Four."

Comments

cmarlow

Carter M

[b]Um, sure why not[/b]
Not my first choice, but I'll remain open-minded.

Feb 25 - 04:48 PM

UselessRob

Rob McNugget

[b]WRONG![/b]
I'm Australian. I like Australians. But not as James Bond. Just get Brosnan back! I mean, sure, Die Another Day sucked like a toothless weasel, but Brosnan still makes a great Bond! Use him while he's willing and able.

Feb 25 - 05:12 PM

BoondockPimp

Cody Wood

You aren't going to get Brosnan. This is an origin movie, not another stale entry into the series. Whatever actor is chosen, it will be a new, young actor. If they weren't going with an origin story though, I'd be the first to wish him back.

Feb 25 - 09:04 PM

Quadran

A C

Out of those 2, I'd pick Clive Owen. Come to think of it, Clive Owen would be my second choice after Pierce Brosnan.

Feb 25 - 05:56 PM

cbebop007

Evan Favreau

If the choice is between Owen and McMahon I'm happy. I'd love for it to be Owen, but McMahon was my second choice after him before this story broke anyway. So go whoever. Just not those other fools that they've talked about...

Feb 25 - 08:36 PM

BoondockPimp

Cody Wood

Feb 25 - 09:04 PM

renodc

Ryan Meals

The Brits love their rumors. Dark Horizons also has a post right now that says a British tabloid says it's down to Clive Owen and Daniel Craig. A couple of weeks ago it was Dougray Scott, before that Gerard Butler, before that Pierce Brosnan, before that Hugh Jackman. Don't forget Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Pierce Brosnan, Ewan McGregor, Colin Farrell, Jason Isaacs, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Jude Law, Heath Ledger, Daniel Day-Lewis, etc. There's not many guys that can do a British accent left.

Feb 26 - 06:46 AM

Bale

Adam Hill

[b]i have an idea[/b]
how about maybe we worry less about who is going to play the character and more about bringing back the good storytelling to the series... which since Goldeneye has sucked something fierce. Besides if the stories are good will not the talent follow?

Feb 28 - 11:29 AM