Lucas to Bring "Star Wars" to the Small Screen

Summary

You didn't actually buy all that "one final trilogy and that's it" material, did you? Seems that George Lucas has not one but two separate "Star Wars" TV series in the works, one a spin-off of his exceedingly popular "Clone Wars" animated adventures ... and the other a live-action adventure series that will take place after "Revenge of the Sith," but before "Star Wars." Back to Article

Comments

Stankton

Reginald Grimshanker

Because the sequels were just so great, this has to be a recipe for sucess!

Apr 26 - 03:10 PM

Flim Springfield

Robb P

>>> Variety indicates that the live-action series "would focus on some supporting characters who've been introduced in the movies."

...Sounds like the third Matrix movie.

Apr 26 - 04:52 PM

metroidcrazy92

joey chfdhd;f;a;jjlafjfljfleag

um......................... i've laready seen that animated clone wars thingy and it sucks well i guess its ok but it sucks in a way but the other one looks cool

Apr 26 - 05:33 PM

Impavido

P M

Star Wars fans have become so brutal recently...sure Ep 1 and 2 wern't what you expected (which is your own faults because you expected too much) and now all you do is berade Lucas after all hes done by bringing a wonderful epic story to life and single-handedly bringing hollywood sci-fi back from the dead.

Ep 1 and 2 were decent but flawed, I feel Ep 3 will make up for it. And if Lucas feels a show would be appropriate to enrich the story then so be it. I'm sick of all the whinning and ungrateful fans who freak out at anything different...what a bunch of bed-wetters. And if the movies or shows are not what you expected, SO WHAT. Deal with it, pull your thumb out of your mouth and just enjoy the classics and let thje open-minded fans have a good time.

Apr 26 - 06:21 PM

Eros_Amor

Gilbert Mancillas

what a way to milk more money outta everyone....

lol...

hell i would do it too....

Apr 26 - 06:44 PM

Mr. Positive

. .

[b]My goodness[/b]
Wow! This site has really become the arena for bashing. Do you really think Lucas cares about money anymore? He practically owns all of California! As well, anyone who thinks the new animated clone wars feature is poor simply does not like animation. The cartoons present amazingly paced action, fun characters, and exquisite timing. I'm not the only one who thinks that these will be classics (It was at number 9 on the DVD sales charts last week). Genndy Tartakovsky (ala samurai jack fame) has done a splendid job with these works and I signed up just to defend them. In fact, anakin's defeat of Sith Asajj Ventress is instantly one of my all time favorite star wars moments. Lastly, the new movies are not great but there is no way Lucas will direct the new live action series so the oppurtunity for success is possibly increased. My two cents.......

Apr 27 - 01:56 AM

take it easy

i wasnt bashing, i think GL is great

and like i said before, I WOULD DO THE SAME THING

Apr 28 - 09:23 AM

ssmithy

Eithan Smith

While I don't agree with the idea of Lucas further milking Star Wars, it does make a lot of sense as to why he's doing a run for TV right now. With Star Trek off the air for the first time since the mid 80s, he'll have no major competition with the networks.

One could argue that the Sci-fi channel currently has a hold on the market with Galactica and both Stargates. But I think as long as he pitches the shows to a major non-cable network there's a very good chance this could be successful.

Besides, in comparison to the majority of the garbage on TV today I doubt watching a Star Wars TV show would be less dignifying.

Apr 27 - 10:04 AM

shruti_11

Shruti Sengupta

I think Star wars at its time was pathbreaking and since then people Expect the Same from Lucas, he is only Human he is bound to fail sometime. besides people go to the Movies with High Expectations, they dont realise that Lucas will Have to keep the Story at par with the Original Star Wars Series while Keeping the Story upto the Psyche of this time and that is very Hard.

Apr 27 - 10:36 AM

mrdanny

danny hannon

Lucas can do whatever he wants to HIS franchise, after all he did come up with the whole Star Wars idea himself. True he may not be the "greatest" director in the world, but he is one of the most succsussful. On that note he should produce a reality series where Star Wars fans have to live with stinky Star Trek fans. (just kidding)

Apr 27 - 06:12 PM

Eros_Amor

Gilbert Mancillas

take it easy

i wasnt bashing, i think GL is great

and like i said before, I WOULD DO THE SAME THING

Apr 28 - 09:23 AM

wildseid

Rohan Gupta

The Clone Wars animated series are amazing! I loved every 3 minutes of them...

Only if the movies had such tension and pacing! I think the anime for the first time shows the true power of the Jedi.

In fact I think I would rather to see an entire feature-length animated version of any new star wars than live action... I can just imagine the Timothy Zahn Thrawn novles being converted to anime... (Drool)...

-Peace:.

Apr 28 - 01:34 PM

ssmithy

Eithan Smith

The Zahn trilogy was so well written; I myself drool over the possiblity of such a thing.

I doubt that would ever happen though, the bookks have been out for a while and Lucas is bound to do someone new.

Grand Adminal Thrawn and Mara Jade in movie form... ahhh now that would kick some arse!

Apr 28 - 02:59 PM

ssmithy

Eithan Smith

Apr 28 - 02:59 PM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

Can George Lucas do anything more original? He needs to move on like everyone else does. There is only so much you can milk from an old cow.

Apr 28 - 05:20 PM

ieatfood54491

john O'Connor

why dont u just die lucas? just leave our earth

Apr 30 - 04:58 PM

arisbot_vn5800

Aris Walsh

I'm the only one that's excited? I mean, we're possibly talking about more Star Wars for years to come, minus the years of wait that would be between movies. I wonder what characters it could be based on though, what minor characters are actually going to survive after episode III? I would have liked to see a show centered around members of the Jedi councel.

May 1 - 06:51 PM

Atomix

Joe Labar

I think a Star Wars based TV show could work. But only if it was set in the Old Republic

May 1 - 07:36 PM

ssmithy

Eithan Smith

Well I doubt it will take place in the old republic, since there won't be an old republic anymore. I also doubt we will see many Jedi either since they should mostly get wiped out. I wonder how well a show like this can do with a limited budget (less eye candy). To be honest, the awesome CG is the only reason I remotely like the prequels.

May 2 - 10:18 AM

ssmithy

Eithan Smith

May 2 - 10:18 AM

ninja_iceberg

Tony Stark

some one told me that this was going to be on the WB. all i can think about is dawson's creek in space.

oh, the prequels really do suck. first of all there's continuity errors all over the place. but i'm not complaining. there's just no substance to the new movies. at least the old ones had a plot.

and it would be awesome if they did a rogue sqaudron movie. top gun in space.

May 3 - 10:37 AM

Dormammu

Tyler Smith

[b]Bashers and Anti-Star Wars Fans[/b]
First "ieatfood54491" please send me a invite when you finally pass away - you are a Spammer and no better then a Troll - why don't you go to the "KY Jelly, is it a food or more" Thread and post there. Oh, and get a life.
As for all the bashers in this thread, go follow the ieatfood spaz (what a freakin tool maybe we should all change our user names to IEatFoodAlso...TARD)
First, there are no errors in the movies - there might be paths that GL has taken that some TRU-Fans don't agree with, but these are GL films. If you don't like the films, then don't go. And please, don't go to one showing and then all of the sudden you have clairvoyance to fully see the true plot of all 6 films You can't and won't. See, these bashers need movies like ELF, or Master of Disguise, simple movies, not too complicated, easy to understand the plot. Films like Star Wars and Pulp Fiction might be a little too hard on ones thinking faculties.

May 4 - 01:29 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

:: applauds ::

Dormammu, we real fans seem to be a shrinking but worthy lot. I'd like to see how hard these posers would fall if they tried something even remotely as complex as the [i]Star Wars[/i] saga (not trilogies... SAGA). More than likely, nothing would get done at all, and they'd have their own haters to answer to. The song remains the same.

I also agree with there being an animated Zahn trilogy. In fact, it's been a dream of mine to direct such stories.

May 14 - 03:25 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

:: applauds ::

May 14 - 03:25 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday