Trailer Bulletin: Ghost Rider

MatterMusic.com has an exclusive look at the all-new trailer for the Nicolas Cage superhero flick "Ghost Rider," which (of course) is based on the Marvel Comic of the same name.

The story of an undead bounty hunter on hell's payroll who is man by day and fiery skull-face by night, "Ghost Rider" was written and directed by Mark Steven Johnson, the filmmaker who had some superheroic experience working on "Daredevil."

Scheduled for release in August of next year, "Ghost Rider" also stars Eva Mendes, Sam Elliott, Wes Bentley, Peter Fonda, and Donal Logue.

Comments

Count_Vertigo

Paul Cieslewicz

[b]Ummmm....Well[/b]
I gave this trailer a great big "ehh." The footage used wasn't all that impressive. If it wasn't for the inclusion of Nicolas Cage in the film I could almost see this going direct to video. While not being perfect, "V For Vendetta" was a much more impressive trailer (for a comic to film related project). Now we just have to wait for Marvel to get Cloak & Dagger and Dazzler to the big screen (LOL).

Jul 29 - 02:42 AM

Ophiuchus

KJ T

Good gods, another one. Y'know, I think we should call this the Comic Book Movie Decade. No, I really mean that. It sounds cool. Alternatively, we could call it the Decade of Pointless Wars, but that sounds too grim to me.

Jul 29 - 04:17 AM

Jerry Bruckheimer

First Last

Hooh-ah!

Jul 29 - 06:18 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

A-list star crapfest.

Martha Stuart's polishing the brass on the titanic, Its all going down man.

Jul 29 - 06:35 AM

mapleharry2

Harry Dimon

this trailer doesn't look like it was made for the masses, didn't they just finish shooting the movie? i'd imagine the real trailer will be more polished

Jul 29 - 11:23 AM

Sid

Fuck You

Looks "meh". Nic Cage looks like he barely wanted to act.

Jul 29 - 06:51 AM

enjoy

mac daddy

Looks like a good time, why are you all looking for high art in a comic book movie. All of you probably stayed up to watch "greatest american hero".

Jul 29 - 08:35 AM

speelbergo

sebastian nye

i think the guys that posted the trailer are ass holes for making you register to see the damn trailer.

Jul 29 - 10:15 AM

mapleharry2

Harry Dimon

Jul 29 - 11:23 AM

GhostintheFlesh

Nate Bolen

I didn't watch it. Too much work. Yeah I admit it, I'm lazy. I'll just sit here and imagine how much it sucked......... Oh yeah, that sucked.

Jul 29 - 12:46 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

[b]The page cannot be found[/b]
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Jul 29 - 07:26 PM

spinsphere

Bones Rodriguez

[b]Are You FREAKIN' KIDDING ME???[/b]
The SAME GUY that did DAREDEVIL??

Holy CRAP- Someone get an assasin and STOP this guy from destroying another character!!! PLEASE!!!
Daredevil was BY FAR the WORST of all the superhero movies- What the HELL is going on???

Jul 29 - 10:02 PM

beorntheold

john smith

Ever heard of Uwe Boll?

What I mean is - I guess the powerful in Hollywood and everybody else just seem to see things differently.

Jul 31 - 03:54 AM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

actually the first spiderman was the worst of all comic book movies

Aug 2 - 03:47 PM

SpotBoy

E souse

after reading the negative responses to the trailer, i thought i should have a look and see if it is really that bad.
page has been removed.
i guess the trailer must have really sucked for them to take it down.

Jul 29 - 10:13 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

[b]Sony Statement on the Ghost Rider Footage[/b]
From Superherohype.com, July 29th:

Ghost Rider footage hit the Web last night and was removed this morning because it was just meant to be shown at Comic-Con. The studio released a statement explaining the situation:

Ghost Rider only recently wrapped principal photography, and the footage that appeared on this site represents the earliest version of a character that has not been fully rendered. While we were pleased with the overwhelming enthusiasm the footage received at Comic Con, this special convention piece was never intended for release on the internet. A final look of Ghost Rider is a long way from being realized and we look forward to your feedback more than a year from now when the film makes it way to theaters.

"(Unfortunately and somewhat annoyingly, one cannot watch the trailer without upgrading to Quicktime 7, which you can download right here. The upgrade takes a few extra minutes, but worked just fine for me ... and this trailer just might be worth the effort (because it's kinda hilarious.))"

Way to get Suckered RT! Keep up the good work.

Jul 29 - 11:16 PM

Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

"suckered"? I don't understand that comment; I was sent a link to a trailer, I posted it for other people to see, and then the studio took it down. Should I be apologizing for something?

(I don't think so.)

Jul 30 - 08:46 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Did I say you should apopogize? (I don't think so.)

Try checking your facts and/or sources. Took me about 10 seconds.

Jul 30 - 12:19 PM

bacci40

geoff k

[b]in other words....[/b]
while the response from the limited number of fanbois, who were flattered to be shown "exclusive" footage was positive, as the net populace voted this as craptastic, we are running back to the editing room post haste

i aint buying that it wasnt meant for the internet....this wasnt a bootleg....it was digitized for the new version of quicktime specifically for internet showing

the studio got caught with its pants down

Jul 30 - 02:13 AM

Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

(I don't think so.)

Jul 30 - 08:46 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Did I say you should apopogize? (I don't think so.)

Try checking your facts and/or sources. Took me about 10 seconds.

Jul 30 - 12:19 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Did I say you should apopogize? (I don't think so.)

Try checking your facts and/or sources. Took me about 10 seconds.

Jul 30 - 12:19 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[i]While we were pleased with the overwhelming enthusiasm the footage received at Comic Con...[/i]

Fanbrats praise it at conventions, yet lambast it here. Hmmm. How can two large groups of dweebs have such opposing opinions? Something in the air at ComicCon, methinks...

Jul 30 - 12:49 PM

beorntheold

john smith

Ever heard of Uwe Boll?

Jul 31 - 03:54 AM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

actually the first spiderman was the worst of all comic book movies

Aug 2 - 03:47 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies