Carrey & Schumacher to Team Up for "23"?

Variety reports that actor Jim Carrey and filmmaker Joel Schumacher are close to teaming up on New Line's dramatic thriller entitled "The Number 23."

"Carrey will play a man who becomes obsessed and haunted upon reading a book that seems to be about his life but ends with a murder. The number 23 is woven throughout the plot.

Project re-emerged this year, and Carrey and Schumacher each had time in their schedules to make it their next assignment. Schumacher expected to be in production on "The Crowded Room" at New Regency; instead, the fact-based film about a man with 24 different personalities has been undergoing a significant rewrite by Lem Dobbs. He won't turn in his script until late this fall."

"The Number 23" was scripted by Fernley Phillips.

Comments

glenbo

Glen Parris

[b]I don't get it[/b]
Schumacher and Carrey. Hmmmm. Honestly, I don't think this should be made. I Like Jim, but he just won't stop taking wierd and dramatic roles to prove a point to himself that he's an "accomplished" actor. We get the point! But I mean come on, Joel Schumacher's the director for god's sake. The man who was the screenwriter for The Wiz and who directed the awfully embarassing Batman and Robin. Also, we've seen this kind of thriller a millioin times and the idea is about as stale as a loaf of bread from Win-Dixie. I mean come on, The Numer 23. Let me guess, the twist at the end is that Jim Carrey finds out he's Michael Jordan? Oh god, they've just stole that script. COME ON!

Sep 22 - 07:22 AM

thedudeabides7

Steve Devlin

"I Like Jim, but he just won't stop taking wierd and dramatic roles to prove a point to himself that he's an "accomplished" actor. We get the point!"

Umm, Have you seen "Eternal Sunshine..."? He doesnt have to prove that to anyone, he is "accomplished". So you think that after these amazing dramatic roles he has played he should go and do "Cable Guy 2" or somehting? And when was the last time carrey has done something genuinely funny?(But I will say going from working with michel gondry to joel shummacher is one gigantic drop-off.)

Sep 23 - 12:35 PM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

I think it could be good and I'll take every weird movie I can. Jim Carrey rules supreme.

Sep 22 - 01:22 PM

Roadhg67

Richard Wells

I really like Jim Carrey's more serious roles, I think he's a much better actor than in his straight comedies... but Shumacher? that sucks...

Sep 22 - 09:15 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

I think Schumacher's alright, as long as he stays away from male nipples and crotch shots.

Sep 22 - 11:20 PM

Trailer for Angelina Jolie's latest

<em>The Hunger Games</em>
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

<em>Jimi</em> Trailer
Jimi Trailer

Clips: Andre 3000 plays Hendrix!