Clooney Expresses Confusion at "Transformers" Involvement

One little piece of geeky gossip that's been making the rounds is that George Clooney will be voicing the heroic Optimus Prime in DreamWorks' impending adaptation of "The Transformers." We guess someone forgot to tell Mr. Clooney.

While attending a press junket for Clooney's "Good Night and Good Luck," IESB's Stephanie Sanchez heard an interesting response from the actor when asked about the "Transformers" movie:

"Is that what's going around?! I haven't had any calls."

So if Michael Bay wants Clooney for the gig, he better start making those phone calls. But it's not like ol' George is hurting for work these days.

Comments

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]hehe[/b]
autobots! transform and roll out!

Sep 23 - 01:33 AM

Eros_Amor

Gilbert Mancillas

i wonder how many F bombs hes gonna throw out?

hahaha

Sep 23 - 08:09 AM

saiyajinX

Bryan Brooks

hehe!!!!

F-in autobots, f-in transform and f-in rollout.

f-u megatron..u f-in bit**

Sep 24 - 04:14 PM

Jaws2004

Kenny Öberg

Michael Bay will blow up the world with this movie. I can't wait!

Sep 23 - 12:30 PM

Dayyve

Dave Kippes

Did I hear Michael Bay is connected with my beloved childhood Transformers?

(Throws hands in air)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Peter Jackson for Gobots anyone?

Sep 23 - 04:45 PM

Jaws2004

Kenny Öberg

From an action perspective, what's wrong with Bay?

Sep 24 - 05:56 AM

saiyajinX

Bryan Brooks

hehe!!!!

F-in autobots, f-in transform and f-in rollout.

f-u megatron..u f-in bit**

Sep 24 - 04:14 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

Anyone wanna place bets on whether Chris Tucker will get to voice Jazz? :D

Sep 24 - 04:19 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

I'll take that bet seeings how there's no way Bay will let Tucker have final edit, either. If Khary Payton isn't Jazz, then nobody should be. Booyah!

Sep 24 - 04:52 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]I don't know you man, same time SAME TIME![/b]
I dunno, t. Tucker might've shaped up since his incident, and wanting final edit for a voicer credit might be the straw that broke Starscream's wings... or sumthun. I'll give 2-1 odds for Tucker. Loser has to watch a marathon of Pearl Harbor... THE 4 DVD SET.

Though, win or lose, I may not remember this bet, and am currently under some sort of meds. Ecstacy is a med, right? :D

[i]Not that the movie won't be exciting to see, but I don't think it's going to get the 80%+ rating that I think a movie that uses these character icons from the '80s deserves.[/i]

To get an 80+%, one of the Decepticons will HAVE to be gay. And I don't mean "one shot and he's down" gay. The movie will also have to be out of sequence, use a camera trick never attempted in the history of cinema, and be scored by Basil Poledouris... cuz he needs the work AND is good.

F. Murray Abraham cameo optional.

Sep 26 - 12:37 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

Damn, I dunno, man. That's a little TOO intense for me. No s**t, dude, I just involuntarily shivered!

Maybe it could be something a little less horrifying?

Sep 28 - 01:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]The bet to end all bets![/b]
Okay, how about the loser has to drive to Michael Bay's island retreat (heh) and... brrr... thank him personally for [i]Pearl Harbor[/i]. With a handshake yet. Maybe kiss his pope ring. Tongue optional.

Ah yes, that X is kickin' in about now... wwweeeeeeeeeee...

Sep 29 - 10:38 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

Sep 24 - 04:52 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]I don't know you man, same time SAME TIME![/b]

F. Murray Abraham cameo optional.

Sep 26 - 12:37 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

Maybe it could be something a little less horrifying?

Sep 28 - 01:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]The bet to end all bets![/b]

Ah yes, that X is kickin' in about now... wwweeeeeeeeeee...

Sep 29 - 10:38 AM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Well, besides the fact that Clooney sounds nothing like the classic Optimus Prime... I can't help but thinking of Clooney in the other sci-fi/fantasy flick he's starred in - Batman and Robbin. Bat nipples, anyone?

As for Bay - I think part of the fascination with the old '80s shows now is that a certain depth and consistancy has been added to the revivals of such shows (thinking of the He-man cartoon, the Transformers comics, etc.) that allow the now 20-something readers/viewers to hang on to the series after the novelty of reminscing is over. I don't think Michael Bay can give the Transformers the gritty edge they need to be successful. What I'm expecting from him is a bunch of 1-dimensional paladins on wheels, fighting the 1-dimensional bad guys with big explosions.

Sep 25 - 10:11 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]I don't know you man, same time SAME TIME![/b]

F. Murray Abraham cameo optional.

Sep 26 - 12:37 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

Maybe it could be something a little less horrifying?

Sep 28 - 01:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]The bet to end all bets![/b]

Ah yes, that X is kickin' in about now... wwweeeeeeeeeee...

Sep 29 - 10:38 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

Maybe it could be something a little less horrifying?

Sep 28 - 01:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]The bet to end all bets![/b]

Ah yes, that X is kickin' in about now... wwweeeeeeeeeee...

Sep 29 - 10:38 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]The bet to end all bets![/b]

Ah yes, that X is kickin' in about now... wwweeeeeeeeeee...

Sep 29 - 10:38 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

[b]All things considered...[/b]
...I'll take the DVDs, thanks.

Sep 29 - 10:56 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer