In Other News...Set Woes for Mann's Miami Vice

The New York Post's Page Six chimes in with some bad news for fans eagerly anticipating the Michael Mann-helmed big-screen cop actioner, "Miami Vice." According to the gossip column's inside scoop, the Universal blockbuster slated for summer 2006 is suffering from a multitude of woes on set. The $120 million pre-production budget has burgeoned into a projected $200 mil, the three-month shoot has tripled in length, and hurricane season has hindered shooting on location in Miami. And those are just the logistical problems. Page Six's snitch reports that star Colin Farrell has trouble working with perfectionist director Mann, and - even worse - that thanks to too many nights partying at Miami's hotspots, beefcake Farrell has developed man-boobs. Not to be forgotten, the Tubbs to Farrell's Crockett, Jamie Foxx, reportedly upped his salary demands after winning his Oscar for "Ray." Universal granted his $10 million demand - the Best Actor works just fine with the director, and at least he doesn't have man-boobs.

Comments

Sadistik

J. P.

how the fuck does Miami Vice cost 200 million dollars?

Nov 1 - 04:47 PM

rainfall

nicholas butler

[b]Holy shit[/b]
This will be ethier the most amazing cops movie ever made or one of the biggest flops in movie history with a price tag of 200 million dollers it better make me feel like im in the movie espicaly for a cop movie. Well we will see what 200 million dollers buys a cop film lol ill go see it just to see what they did with the money. I can see it now miami vice worst reviwed film of the year at 02% on the tomatoe meter lol

Nov 1 - 05:09 PM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

THEY SHOULD PAY DON JOHNSON 20 MIL JUST FOR A WALK-ON.

Nov 1 - 05:17 PM

Quadran

A C

I have faith in Michael Mann. He can do no wrong in my opinion. I'll be there opening day even with a 1% tomato meter.

Nov 1 - 05:18 PM

Eros_Amor

Gilbert Mancillas

hahaha

man boobs...

hahajajajahahahah!

Nov 1 - 05:22 PM

LANigg69

roy johnson

people will just watch this movie to see jaime foxx, not colin farrell

Nov 1 - 05:59 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]Michael Mann can do no wrong?[/b]
Good god man. Seriously, what has Michael Mann ever done right? His best films have been mediocre at best. I can't believe they're putting $200 million into a TV show rehash.

Nov 1 - 09:45 PM

Quadran

A C

[b]Hmmm...[/b]
how about Heat, The Insider, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral, Manhunter & Ali just to name a few. Actually looking at the tomato meter, his last rotten movie was in 1986 (for producing Band of the Hand). He's rarely a box office hit but his movies are great.

Nov 1 - 10:08 PM

Assassin

Assassin Assassin

You're a joke...

Heat and Collateral are two of my all time favorites...Miami Vice was a ground breaking TV show...it's style was way ahead of it's time.

Nov 1 - 10:10 PM

Quadran

A C

[b]Hmmm...[/b]

Nov 1 - 10:08 PM

Assassin

Assassin Assassin

You're a joke...

Nov 1 - 10:10 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

Hooray for movie-based-on-TV-series disasters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HAHAHAHA MOOBS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

HAHAHAHAHA, oh that made my day!

Nov 1 - 10:43 PM

se7en85

Tristian Clark

Fuck Miami Vice.

Nov 1 - 11:20 PM

the_dude_abides

Elliott Goldbaum

The only thing Heat was missing was more scenes where Al Pacino and Robert De Niro were being totally wasted as actors. Oh wait, it was chock full of them. In fact, the movie was made up entirely of scenes of that nature. Silly me.

Nov 2 - 01:43 AM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

It seems like everyone wants to brag about their $200M production nowadays. Superman Reborn cost $250M. And King King is what? $230M. Crazy.

Nov 2 - 04:01 AM

Skitch

Kaneda !

Yeah, I've noticed that weird little trend as well.

Nov 2 - 04:57 AM

amamamy

First Last

[b]I used to work for Michael Mann...[/b]
...and I don't think I'm breaking the confidentiality agreement by saying that the man is completely insane and a total prick.

Nov 2 - 06:10 AM

J. P.

That's too bad, because he's an exceptional filmmaker

Nov 2 - 06:19 AM

chazbow

Chuck O'Leary

[b]Don't forget about "Thief"[/b]
Michael Mann's "Thief" (1981) starring James Caan is easily one of his best films. If you haven't seen it, you must. It was way ahead of its time when it came out in the spring of 1981.

Nov 2 - 09:31 AM

sauronthegr8

Marc Weathersby

[b]Why is Colin Ferrel considered a star?[/b]
Most of his movies are dumb as shit (Daredevil) and some of them have been huge flops at the box office (Alexander). In fact, when I think about it, I have yet to see him in a genuinely good movie. Am I right here, people?

Nov 2 - 09:59 AM

se7en85

Tristian Clark

I would have to agree because i've asked myself that same question numerous times.

only Colin Farrell movie I like is Phonebooth but that has nothing to do with Colin. I just love the dialogue they gave Kiefer.

Nov 2 - 10:08 AM

Mathurin

Matt Oney

[b]I was sick when I heard he was cast![/b]
Michael Mann is one of my 4 favorite directors of all time. How could he cast a 5 foot 4 action hero. Do producers not realize it's unbelievably obvious how short the guy is? Plus he has 00000000 screen presence, zilch!

Nov 4 - 12:58 PM

se7en85

Tristian Clark

Nov 2 - 10:08 AM

mizzoucritic

Sean Ludwig

Farrell has been in one good movie: Minority Report. But he wasn't a huge part of it.

A Home at the End of the World was pretty decent too, but nothing spectacular.

Even with these two exceptions, I would be happy to never see Farrell in another movie again.

Foxx will be the only reason people see Miami Vice.

Nov 2 - 01:30 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office