One Solid Weekend Means "Hoodwinked 2"

Variety reports that the Weinsteins were so pleased with "Hoodwinked" and its opening weekend tally that they've decided to bankroll a sequel ASAP. It'll be called "Hood vs. Evil," and it might just be the first sequel in a series.

"The Weinstein Co. and Kanbar Entertainment are going back to the drawing board together: Duo said Tuesday they'll team on a sequel to their current CG-animated release "Hoodwinked," to be dubbed "Hood vs. Evil."

Harvey Weinstein said that this time around, the pic's producers will double the budget to improve animation, and that he spoke to the pic's lead, Anne Hathaway, about returning while at the Golden Globes over the weekend.

"Our whole marketing team rose to the occasion," said Harvey Weinstein about "Hoodwinked's" perf. "For every rave, there was someone saying that the animation isn't as great as Pixar, but the movie is funny and fun for kids and adults. We never would have been able to do this at Disney."

New installment in the franchise will find a teen Red training in a distant land with a mysterious, covert group called Sisters of the Hood. She is then called upon by Nicky Flippers -- head of the Happily Ever After Agency -- who teams her with the Wolf to investigate the disappearance of Hansel and Gretel. The character of Granny, and the rest of the "Hoodwinked" gang, also return and are joined by new characters."

Anyone else see "Hoodwinked" yet? I kinda liked it!

Comments

ndrage85

Brandon M

[b]Son of a bitch.[/b]
c'mon, that movie was very disappointing. it pisses me off to no end that shit like this gets a sequal in a heartbeat, while great movies like Serenity (once again, I'm a Firefly whore) have to hang on the fringe and may possibly never get sequals.

Jan 19 - 12:31 PM

Infernal

Danny Sybrenson

[b]Riight.[/b]
Serenity was disgusting. And Hoodwinked was actually not that bad.

Yes, Firefly was dreadful with no real flow to it and Serenity leaves you eating popcorn with one eye open looking out the window, watching the slow-moving airplanes in the sky.

Jan 21 - 09:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]DEE-NAH-MEE-TAY![/b]
It's about time I heard a contrarion opinion about [i]Serenity[/i], but YEEEESSHHH!

[i]Hoodwinked[/i] is about the fugliest looking suprise hit this year will ever know. A simultaneous congrats and for-shame to all involved.

Jan 22 - 09:49 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Agreed. I heard the movie was a drag. They need to improve the anamtion 10 x what it was. I brag on a movie i didnt see, but i think they should bring something to the table thats different and fresh. Shrek already took care of most of the fairytale parodies. Give Up.

PS. Im also a firefly fan and im mad no one gave serentiy a shot.

Jan 19 - 12:42 PM

ndrage85

Brandon M

There really wasn't anything great about Hoodwinked at all. It was mildly entertaining, but It came off as a poor Shrek wannabe with far worse animation. People looked at the success of Shrek and the blend of animation and pop culture references and they saw a winner, so they tried to duplicate it.

Jan 19 - 12:49 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

QUOTE PS. Im also a firefly fan and im mad no one gave serentiy a shot. END QUOTE

I watched it because I like sci-fi but the movie didn't do anything for me. Alot of the were parts borrowed from much better movies. However I did like the cast and the dialogue was entertaining.

I don't remember that last good sci-fi movie I saw. War of the Worlds was a big disappoint to me.

Cheers,
Kevin

Jan 20 - 03:51 AM

ndrage85

Brandon M

Jan 19 - 12:49 PM

South_park300

First Last

it was a cheap movie to make, so of course they will make sequels. i didnt see hoodwinked, and I don't plan to. looks pretty dumb

Jan 19 - 12:52 PM

hattori hanzo

derek knight

Better looking than "The Wild" The wild just looks dull, and BORING. it has some of the driest humor I have ever seen, and very very uninspired acting. When somone says somthing in an abnoxious voice that isnt funny, PEOPLE GET ANGRY, and throw things at the screen. It seems to think just by making some characters have goofy voices that it will make them funny. But it dosnt. The CGI is also substandard, very.

Jan 19 - 04:37 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

Cheers,
Kevin

Jan 20 - 03:51 AM

SpikesInMySkull

G. Keith Cable

[b]One Mediocre Weekend with No Compitition Means Not[/b]
I'm pretty sure this sequal get's axed when this movie ultimately registers as a flop, and is forgotten in a couple of months.

Jan 20 - 08:48 AM

jeanfc

Jean Francois Cormier

The fillm cost about $15 million to make and will make at least $40 in theaters and with the DVD release in a few months - no matter how crappy or not the film is, that sound's like a very very a good investment.

Jan 20 - 06:38 PM

Simple

Clint Bell

sequel...oh joy...

Jan 20 - 06:44 PM

Infernal

Danny Sybrenson

[b]Riight.[/b]
Serenity was disgusting. And Hoodwinked was actually not that bad.

Jan 21 - 09:36 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]DEE-NAH-MEE-TAY![/b]

Jan 22 - 09:49 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]DEE-NAH-MEE-TAY![/b]

Jan 22 - 09:49 AM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

the fim had a solid second weekend and has already doubled it's budget no reason a sequel shouldn't be in order P.S Bet the farm it's going to make more than 40-million

Jan 23 - 06:38 AM

ShasOfficial

Shas R

[b]weinstein doesnt care, y shud we[/b]
the movie sucks , period. the animation looks horrid even if it costs a bag of potato chips. its gonna be hugely profitable...but we'll get our revenge, they're gonna double the budget for the sequel to make it look better, but this time no one;s gonna see it, they'll end up losing more money. dont make trash jus for cash brothers weinstein. cus u dont wanna mess with 'THE SANTA MONICA MIDNIGHT MOVIE SOCIETY' . [its no an official movie thing, jus me and like 30 of my frens go watch movies and then tell evryone if it sucked or not] and HOODWINKED sucks! have a nice day :)

Jan 24 - 11:09 AM

getomans

jon smith

this movie hoodwinked sucked. if u really want to see a movie then watch GLory ROAD (the real number one movie of M.L.K. weekend).

Jan 26 - 09:08 PM

Box Office
Box Office

Planet Of The Apes Is No. 1

<em>Unbroken</em>
Unbroken

Trailer for Angelina Jolie's latest

<em>The Hunger Games</em>
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

<em>Jimi</em> Trailer
Jimi Trailer

Clips: Andre 3000 plays Hendrix!