Rodriguez & Tarantino Prepare to "Grind" It Out

Variety brings a solid report on the highly-anticipated "Grind" horror flick, which will be a dual-story experiment from directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. Production is expected to get underway later this month.

"The Weinstein Co.'s highly anticipated experimental pic -- for which Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are each set to helm a 60-minute horror tale -- is headed into production in the coming weeks, with Rodriguez readying to shoot his segment on his home turf of Austin, Texas.

Rodriguez's part, "Planet Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher segseg.

Casting hasn't been announced.

"Grind" will be shot in the tradition of the '70s exploitation films that influences both helmers. Variety coined the phrase "grindhouse" to describe the seedy, downtown movie theaters that ran double or triple-features with only brief intermissions."

This sounds like a fun little gimmick flick to me. Then again I'm a ravenous horror geek who thought the last genre collaboration from Tarantino & Rodriguez (1996's "From Dusk Till Dawn") was a hoot and a half.

Comments

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

Sounds fun, I'll see it.

And I like From Dusk Till Dawn, just not the sequels.

Feb 2 - 12:28 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Sounds like a cool project. This does mean that we'll have to wait longer for the sin city sequel, but i dont mind THAT much. I like new and fresh movies. They should wait a little to do the sin city sequel. They should let the heat from the first die down.

Feb 2 - 12:58 PM

elziard

elzeard bouffier

From Dusk Till Dawn: just saw this last week. god it was bad. not really good even for a tongue-in-cheek bad. they both have made stupid 'good' and enjoyable. this was SO not enjoyable.

hopefully this is done better.

Feb 2 - 01:55 PM

GopherKhan

Chris Nelson

[b]HMM[/b]
Dusk till dawn was fun once they got to Rodriguez's portion of the film. Quentin's portion really sucked.

Feb 2 - 03:18 PM

sneppo

sneppo smith

[b]Casting[/b]
Australian actor John Jarratt from Wolf creek is set to star in QT's. QT loves his work and desperatley wanted him for a part.

Danny Trejo also from numerous movies including the From dusk til dawn trilogy (if you could call it that :P ) is set to be in it. Can only assume it will be Robert R's film.

Feb 2 - 04:18 PM

AttackofClones18

Alex Rooney

[b]Nice.[/b]
From Dusk Til Dawn was good in kind of "I know this sucks" way. It was mean to be fun and violent and crazy, can't wait to see this one.

Feb 2 - 04:37 PM

245_trioxin

thomas carter

[b]hooray for this not being a remake![/b]
from dusk till dawn was one of my fav's when i was a teenager. but after knowing about some of qt's and rr's influences i really can't wait to see this whether or not it's good or bad. besides, it's not a remake!

thomas of the living dead

Feb 2 - 05:10 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Sounds like a fun project. I'd be interested to see the results!

Feb 2 - 09:44 PM

lavatory love machine

juan carlos petruchi

you can call from dusk till dawn what ever you want, but it's filled with unforgetable scenes, that even if you don't like them they gonna stay with you, unlike 90% of films

bring on inglorious bastards

with eddie murphy in a real rol, his a very good actor and the only director that seems to know about that is QT

stop hanging out with RR, he might do some fun stuff but you're way out of his league, QT

Feb 2 - 11:12 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

[b]Go, QT, Go!!![/b]
QUOTE this sounds good, sure I'll see it and buy the dvd, but on the other hand seems like a waste of QT's talent END QUOTE

QTs gotta have some fun, too. I watched an interview with Jay Leno and he says his favorite movie of 2005 was Devil's Rejects. Knowing that, I know he'll make an awesome horror movie.

QUOTE bring on inglorious bastards END QUOTE

Probably won't happen for a while. He plans to shoot it sometime in 2007.

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 3 - 01:47 AM

getomans

jon smith

cant wait till dat, i love eddie muphy's movies(except for a few).

Feb 6 - 05:20 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

[b]Go, QT, Go!!![/b]

QUOTE bring on inglorious bastards END QUOTE

Probably won't happen for a while. He plans to shoot it sometime in 2007.

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 3 - 01:47 AM

Cindy_Lou_Who

Cindy Granger

Tarantino made what I think is the coolest movie, with the coolest characters saying the coolest dialogue with one of the coolest soundtracks in movie history when he made Reservoir Dogs, and followed that up with Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and the Kill Bill movies. No one makes pulp movies like Quentin Tarantino and when he has fun making movies, we have fun. I look forward to this one, but as cowsfan said "BRING ON INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and make sure Michael Madsen is in it!!!!

Feb 3 - 11:21 AM

serenityriver

Joy Gissing

Have to agree with everything said ....especially the Michael bit.

Feb 6 - 06:04 AM

zeromark16

Mark Gougeon

From Dusk Till Dawn was fantastic. This'll be tolerable at worst.

Feb 3 - 01:27 PM

serenityriver

Joy Gissing

Have to agree with everything said ....especially the Michael bit.

Feb 6 - 06:04 AM

Stankton

Reginald Grimshanker

I thought From Dusk 'Till Dawn was supposed to be funny... I thought it was, but I still thought it was well made.

Feb 6 - 03:37 PM

getomans

jon smith

cant wait till dat, i love eddie muphy's movies(except for a few).

Feb 6 - 05:20 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer