Trailer Bulletin: Silent Hill

We brought you a slick teaser the last time out, but there's a new trailer for Christophe Gans' "Silent Hill," and since your host (me) is a shameless horror geek, he feels it's worth sharing the new stuff. Click right here to see if this movie looks creepy enough. (I think it does!)

"A woman named Rose, desperate to find her child Sharon, finds herself trapped in an alternate dimension as she searches for her daughter in a world of decay inhabited by strange beings. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, heading for an abandoned town to which the child seems drawn."

Starring Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, and Deborah Kara Unger, written by Roger ("Killing Zoe") Avary, and directed by Christophe ("Brotherhood of the Wolf") Gans, "Silent Hill" hits theaters on 4/21.

Comments

saiyajinX

Bryan Brooks

Wow! I am a big fan of the video game...but we all know how that goes when they make a video-game based film. I like the trailer. Looks good...may not be great, but I will definately go and see it!

Feb 7 - 06:55 AM

Aoiboy

Aoi Boy

Definitely looks more promising than whatever Uwe Boll or Paul Anderson have helmed in the video-game-to-movie-adaptation genre. Actually, looks like talent is involved this time around (though I hate Brotherhood of the Wolf, the guy directing has skills).

Feb 7 - 10:18 AM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

I must disagree. I loved The Brotherhood of the Wolf. This movie seems to have some of that feel, and the actors attached to it give me hope. I am impressed.

Feb 7 - 01:29 PM

Mikey220

Michael Boire

I might see this movie, after all it was being filmed in my town for about a couple of months or so during the summer. Its sad when your downtown doesn't need to be refurbished to support a scenario for a horror movie...This movie gives our city 'ghost town' a new meaning. It was funny walking to the library with a big "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign towering over you.

Feb 7 - 01:16 PM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Feb 7 - 01:29 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

After watching the trailer for this, I have high hopes for the film as it looks to be the best video game/movie translation yet. Hopefully it won't fail me.

Feb 7 - 02:17 PM

hattori hanzo

derek knight

the video game was as scary as watching alien for the first time when you are like 8.

Feb 7 - 03:56 PM

darcko

Derick Qwerty

I also didn't like Brotherhood of the Wolf but as far as the look and feel of the movie, it was dead-on.

Based on the trailer, it looks like this film has the atmosphere too. But the movie might also be filled with a whole bunch of plot holes (as the trailer implies, "mysteries without answers", and so on) so I'm unsure about that.

Feb 7 - 04:04 PM

ninjaandy

Andrew O'Neill

It looks like they combined plot from the first and second games, but the atmosphere looks right. Hopefully things are shrouded in darkness without being really hard to see, which is what made the game freaky for me.

And Mikey220, where do you live? That's awesome.

Feb 8 - 07:27 AM

Mikey220

Michael Boire

I'm a little edgy about giving out the name on a large site like this one, but I'll tell you its a small town in the heart of Ontario, Canada. Maybe you'll see it roll up the credits when you see the movie :P

Feb 8 - 04:41 PM

Mikey220

Michael Boire

Feb 8 - 04:41 PM

RocketPunch

Rocket Punch

This film will be rated-R, and that is the first sign that it will not suck. The second sign is Dr. Boll had nothing to do with it.

Feb 9 - 10:06 AM

necron91

Michael Clulee

[b]wOOt![/b]
the film looks fantastic, i was so happy that monsters from the games, noticeably the Nurses and the Red Pyramid Head thing from SH2 was featured. i can't wait for the film, bring it on!

Feb 9 - 02:32 PM

slavesandbulldozers

chris eoff

I hope they use a lot of the imagery from the games, because it is truly disturbing. I saw some of it in the trailer, this is definitly promising.

Feb 10 - 10:09 AM

hellhole

Ken Alleman

With the name of Roger Avary attached, and with the name of Paul W.S. Anderson absolutely nowhere in sight... yeah, there's hope for this one.

Feb 10 - 11:10 AM

AttackofClones18

Alex Rooney

Looks like the best video game adaptation yet, and looks to have appeal to people who aren't even fans of the video game. I am having trouble figuring out wheater it will be R or PG-13. It will be R if it is true to the video game and made it for the fans of the game. If it is PG-13, then it was made to be a teenage based movie. I really have high expectations for this film.

Feb 11 - 04:33 PM

necron91

Michael Clulee

i should think it'll be an R (or 15 for england) cos all the games are rated the same, so no doubt it will be the R rating, especially with the monsters that are featured in the trailer.

Feb 13 - 08:30 AM

necron91

Michael Clulee

Feb 13 - 08:30 AM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies