New SuperPics in our "Superman Returns" SuperGallery!

Thanks to our Superfriends at IGN FilmForce we've bolstered our "Superman Returns" gallery, which now has 62 photos and stills of the upcoming summer superhero blockbuster.

Bryan Singer's fanboy dream of a directing gig comes out June 30, and (as if you didn't know) stars the strapping Brandon Routh as Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El, who has just returned to Earth after leaving the stardom and paparazzi-hounded life of superheroism behind for a few years. OK, we don't really know why Clark left town, but we watch "Smallville" -- so we know how tough it is being a super-strong, see-through-walls, soaring through the air alien teenager on Earth.

Once back, Routh's Clark/Superman finds that the woman he left behind, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) has not only gotten over him, she has a fiance (everyone's favorite cinematic "nice guy" alternative boyfriend, James Marsden) and a kid.

It looks like Clark will get back in the Daily Planet groove, and of course some big world-ending catastrophe will threaten the planet and all of its average-powered human denizens. Rounding out the cast are a solid crew, including Kevin Spacey, Parker Posey, Frank Langella, Eva Marie Saint, Sam Huntington, and Kal Penn.

For more "Superman Returns" goodies, click over to the photo gallery, watch the teaser trailer, and check out IGN FilmForce's WonderCon interview with the Director of Steel himself, Bryan Singer.

Comments

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

[b]I guess we'll just have to wait and see...[/b]
The more that comes out, the less I wish to see this movie. Guess we're just going to have to see how Routhe acts as the Man of Steel, because I just can't get over the fact that he looks more like a "Superboy" than a "Superman", but that's just me.

Apr 20 - 08:26 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

I agree, this movie looks really bad to me...almost like a parody or Saturday Night Live skit of the original movie

Apr 20 - 09:14 PM

Darth23

First Last

Superman-boy.

Apr 21 - 08:02 AM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

Apr 20 - 09:14 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

[b]Imagine[/b]
I imagine that it'll be alright. Singer did X-men and X2, so I can't believe that it would be HORRIBLE. But Routh does look really young, and he looks kind of stupid in those suits they have him wearing. Almost like a little boy trying on his daddy's work suits.

Apr 21 - 07:24 AM

Darth23

First Last

Superman-boy.

Apr 21 - 08:02 AM

mbrocchi

Marcello Brocchi

[b]Lamers...[/b]
This movie looks pretty awesome from the trailers etc. The movie may turn out to be crap but there is nothing that indicates that at this time. The guy they have to play Superman/Clark Kent has a fantastic likeness to Christopher Reeve and will do well I am sure..

You guys are just tossers.... and will moan at anything because you can...
I think its really stupid to criticise a movie before you have seen it. Dweebs.

Apr 23 - 08:45 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup