Ben Affleck: Captain of the Enterprise?

Summary

Cinescape recently received an Affleck-centric piece of gossip that's just too entertaining not to share. Keep in mind that this is all unfounded conjecture at this point, but how would you guys like to see Ben Affleck as ... Captain Kirk?!?! Back to Article

Comments

adml_shake

Robin Goins

[b]I can[/b]
see him playing a supirior officer to kirk and company...just not a lead role.

May 3 - 05:18 AM

bwozar

Bernard Ozarowski

Strangely I can actually see it, Captain Kirk needs to be larger than life with overly dramatic pauses and I think Affleck can actually nail that (come on, just look at Pearl Harbor). You put JJ in there, who did a solid job with Mi3, and I think you could be on to something. If I were Paramount though I'd be worried about it making any money with Affleck, I think a total no-name might be the best bet for box office haul.

May 7 - 09:58 PM

Oh. God. YES!!!

not really

May 3 - 07:14 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

[b]Fine[/b]
I think it's fine. In the very least, having an A-List actor (hahaha, ok ok, C-List) sign on for a Star Trek film may actually bring a little legitimacy to a franchise eternally stuck in TV-Land. Seriously, no matter how many films they make, they will always be looked on almost as Made-For-TV movies. With a big name actor, who knows, that may change. Especially with Abrams attached

May 3 - 07:46 AM

3263827

Scott Berkey

Call me crazy but I think Affleck as Kirk could work. Shatner isn't Kirk - he's an actor who played Kirk. Kirk's just a character in a script. Afflecks a hack, but that's what this role needs. I'd much rather see a different take on the character by Affleck than a talented actor trying to mimic Shatner's Kirk.

May 3 - 07:50 AM

cuzer2

c cusanza

[b]not just an actor[/b]
William Shatner *IS* James Tiberius Kirk.

May 7 - 11:45 AM

Spike1967

Frank Cogan

They're still offering this guy roles? He has the screen presance of a house plant.

May 3 - 08:23 AM

sokiveta.com

Michael Sokiveta

[b]Aw... nuts.[/b]
Affleck Shmaffleck.

I never forgave him for ruining the crush I had on Jennifer Gardner.

May 3 - 09:16 AM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

This joke about Affleck playing Kirk is not funny, no, not funny at all.

May 3 - 09:49 AM

Racer Z

Shannon Potratz

Can we PLEASE, for pity's sake, LEAVE STAR TREK ALONE?!!??? Hasn't it been butchered enough with the last two series? Holy hell, let it end already!!! Is NOTHING sacred anymore?

May 3 - 09:50 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

LoL. That's tooo funny.

If it's serious, Trekkies will be PISSED.

May 3 - 10:06 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

Ben Affleck as Kirk? They must have meant the Aflac Duck because that makes more sense.

May 3 - 10:29 AM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

I think Affleck's allright, definitely better than he's given credit. Who knows about this though.

May 3 - 12:09 PM

FranklynStreet

Toohey Brian

[b]Ugh.[/b]
If that happens, it basically negates all the pluses from Abrams being at the helm of the franchise.

Affleck ruins everything he touches, including JG. Does he have to ruin ST as well?

May 3 - 12:38 PM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

[b]kill me now[/b]
i don't even like star trek. but this is the stupidest idea i've heard in awhile. Ben Affleck sucks balls. but, holy shit is superman returns going to rule! HOLY CRAP THAT MOVIE IS GOING TO KICK SO MUCH ASS!!!!!

(affleck sucks balls)

SUPERMAN RULES!!!

May 3 - 12:41 PM

BoGo

Benjy Ogden

My response to this comment is the same as my response to this rumor.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA *pause for breath* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhAHA....ah

May 3 - 02:36 PM

BoGo

Benjy Ogden

And just to clarify, I wasn't laughing because that comment was witty or funny, it was the stupidity of it all.

May 3 - 02:38 PM

BoGo

Benjy Ogden

My response to this comment is the same as my response to this rumor.

May 3 - 02:36 PM

BoGo

Benjy Ogden

May 3 - 02:38 PM

BoGo

Benjy Ogden

May 3 - 02:38 PM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

please, please, PLEASE Mr. Abrams, please cast "AFLAC!" in the next Star Trek film. it would effectively put this limping franchise to death, where it deserves to be.

May 3 - 03:08 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Jim Carey should play Kirk.

May 3 - 03:29 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

Picture this: Truman Capote as Kirk, Marty Feldman as Spock and Jim Morrison as Bones. Now they would have made for a entertaining Star Trek cast if only they were still alive.
Absurd I know, but is it any more absurd than Ben Affleck?

May 3 - 05:54 PM

TheAnswerMVP2001

Snipes .

Okay I'm officially ticked off, I'm not a vulcan ear wearing Trekkie but I have been a loyal fan since basically the first Star Trek series I watch TNG. This is just blasphemous! How in the world could possibly the worst actor out there, who is bascially a national laughing stock be cast in a Star Trek film and hope to bring the franchise back!?!? This guy killed the Jack Ryan series, and to think people actually compared him to the next Harrison Ford!!! Why doesn't he just get casted as Indiana Jones and ruin all that is left. I'm really getting tired of these Trek "news" things for the most part they are nothing but pointless rumors that just degrade any hope of a successful return. I'd rather see 80 year old William Shatner come back a play Kirk, or even *knocks on wood* Robin Williams than loser AFLAC!! And please no more Trek news unless it is a fact!

May 3 - 06:01 PM

hyped1

Angel Arca

Things that don't exiist:
The word Casted (it's Cast in any tense) or anyone who can play Capt Kirk to any capacity without drawing comparison to William Shatner!

He made that character his own and I believe the best they can do is bring in someone who will do a good young Shatner impression and then we can all pretend it's Capt Kirk!

It's going to have to be almost like a biopic like Carrey did with Andy Kaufman on Man on the moon, after a while (like 10 seconds) you thought you were watching Kaufman although everyone knew Carrey as a big comedic actor already!

May 6 - 04:31 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships