WB Sees a Live-Action "Jetsons" In Their Future

Warner Bros. has assigned producer Denise Di Novi and screenwriter Adam F. Goldberg to turn the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon "The Jetsons" into a live-action movie, not at all unlike the way Universal did with "The Flintstones" ... twice ... and poorly.

According to Variety, "Storyline will be based on the popular animated Hanna-Barbera TV show, which revolved around the travails of George Jetson, wife Jane, daughter Judy, son Elroy and their dog, Astro." (Hey, what about the robot maid??)

Bottom Line? Cast William H. Macy as George Jetson and I may just give the flick five stars.

To those who remember watching "The Jetsons" as a kid (or as an adult), I ask you this: Who would you cast as the Jetson clan?

Comments

adml_shake

Robin Goins

[b].....[/b]
Come on Warner...become another name on the list of companies that seem hell bent on ruining my childhood.

May 3 - 05:16 AM

AllHallows

Michael Kelly

George Jetson - Steve Martin
Jane his wife- no clue
daughter Judy - Christina Applegate
His son Elroy - The kid from 2 and a half men with died blonde hair

Sprocket - Danny DeVito

May 3 - 06:36 AM

ommega

Omar Gonzalez

Even while I watched the cartoons when I was young, I always thought Sprocket looked like Danny DeVito.

May 3 - 07:03 AM

supertim

Tim Windham

I agree with you on George...Steve Martin (someone else posted William H. Macy - not bad, either)

For Jane I would cast Annie Potts (Ghostbusters, Designing Women) or Catherine Zeta-Jones

Judy - Reese Witherspoon (Applegate'll do it if Reese won't!)

Elroy - the kid from Jerry Maguire (yes, I know he's older now)

Rosie - Rosie O'Donnell (either as voice of Rosie or in a costume of sorts)

I agree with you on Mr. Spacely - Danny DeVito

Spacely's wife - Delta Burke

Cogswell - Peter Boyle (Raymond's dad, Young Frankenstein)

Astro - CGI

The building handyman - Richard Karn (Al from Home Improvement)

May 4 - 10:29 AM

AllHallows

Michael Kelly

George Jetson - Steve Martin
Jane his wife- no clue
daughter Judy - Christina Applegate
His son Elroy - The kid from 2 and a half men with died blonde hair

Sprocket - Danny DeVito

May 3 - 06:36 AM

ommega

Omar Gonzalez

May 3 - 07:03 AM

supertim

Tim Windham

Judy - Reese Witherspoon (Applegate'll do it if Reese won't!)

Elroy - the kid from Jerry Maguire (yes, I know he's older now)

Rosie - Rosie O'Donnell (either as voice of Rosie or in a costume of sorts)

I agree with you on Mr. Spacely - Danny DeVito

Spacely's wife - Delta Burke

Cogswell - Peter Boyle (Raymond's dad, Young Frankenstein)

Astro - CGI

The building handyman - Richard Karn (Al from Home Improvement)

May 4 - 10:29 AM

ommega

Omar Gonzalez

May 3 - 07:03 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

What? The live action version of The Flintstones wasn't bad enough?

May 3 - 07:48 AM

South_park300

First Last

applegate is a little old to play the daughter...maybe if this were back in the 90's.

sadly...they will probably cast someone like hillary duff as judy.

May 3 - 07:49 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

WHY!?

This really came out of nowhere...

May 3 - 10:03 AM

D79

Lupe DeLeon

lets see, whats the trend with remakes? honeymooners, back to school...ok i gotta a cast...

george- cedric the entertainer
jane- nia long
judy- a teenager chick from upn
elroy-everybody loves chris
robot maid- queen latifa

alrighty! GREENLIGHT PLEASE!

May 3 - 10:10 AM

Marshallmaddnes

Marshallmaddnes keith

Queen Latifa As Robot Maid....Perfect!

May 3 - 12:02 PM

Marshallmaddnes

Marshallmaddnes keith

Queen Latifa As Robot Maid....Perfect!

May 3 - 12:02 PM

Judy - Evan Rachel Wood or Hilary Duff

Elroy - ?

Sproket - Danny Devito or Bob Hoskins

May 3 - 01:51 PM

Galaxyfilms22

Ryan Lamaster

Actually Steve Martin doesnt really look like George Jetson. When I first heard about this movie a year or so ago I pictured Jim Carrey as George Jetson.

May 3 - 02:54 PM

Decade_e_a

Aaron Senters

[b]these are mainly joking[/b]
George - Adrien Brody (nose size) or Steve Martin or Jason Lee
Jane - Gwenyth Paltrow or Sigourney Weaver
Judy - Hiulary Duff (Gwenyth Paltrow could be on this list too)
Elroy - That boy from Thank You for Smoking and Ultraviolet
Robot Maid - Judi Dench
Sprocket - Danny DeVito or Randy Quaid

May 3 - 08:09 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

Hilary Duff makes a bad Judy! Anyway, I think you people are having fun with casting people. Hmmm...it would be interesting to see Jim Carrey as George Jetson. Steve Martin shouldn't play George because he's always playing those father roles. >_>

May 3 - 11:45 PM

supertim

Tim Windham

Judy - Reese Witherspoon (Applegate'll do it if Reese won't!)

Elroy - the kid from Jerry Maguire (yes, I know he's older now)

Rosie - Rosie O'Donnell (either as voice of Rosie or in a costume of sorts)

I agree with you on Mr. Spacely - Danny DeVito

Spacely's wife - Delta Burke

Cogswell - Peter Boyle (Raymond's dad, Young Frankenstein)

Astro - CGI

The building handyman - Richard Karn (Al from Home Improvement)

May 4 - 10:29 AM

ZYPHONIC

ANDREAS GEORGIOU

George - Tim Alllen/Michael Rapaport/Judge Reinhold
Jane - Annette Benning
Judy - Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/JoJo
Elroy - Spencer Breslin/Angus T. Jones
Spacely - Danny Devito/Bob Hoskins

May 4 - 11:34 AM

MattyDaddy74

Matt Bible

[b]Jetsons Cast should be......[/b]
George - Tim Allen, hands down! Fits the profile to a T and he needs to be in a movie that might resurrect his career.
Jane - Nicole Kidman. She could pull it off I think.
Judy - Lindsay Lohan is the obvious choice.
Elroy - I would say Rory Culkin but I'm sure he's too old.
Astro - could be voiced by Dave Coulier
Mr. Spacely - Definitely Danny Devito. Oh and just for the record....he should have been Boss Hogg in "Dukes of Hazzard!"

May 4 - 08:46 PM

aconline

Adam Collins

George-William H Macy
Jane-Tea Leoni
Judy-One of the Olsens
Elroy-Thurman Merman from Bad Santa
Astro-Who cares?
Mr. Spacely-DeVito

MattyDaddy, it should have been Don Rickles for Boss Hogg.

May 5 - 12:00 PM

slavesandbulldozers

chris eoff

William H. Macy, Tim Allen, Jim Carrey, Steve Martin are good choices. I saw that someone mentioned Jason Lee... That would be awesome.

May 5 - 04:47 PM

HoneycombSAFARI

Daniel James

George- Jason Lee
Jane- Felicity Huffman
Judy- Sara Paxton (Aquamarine)
Elroy- Spencer Broslin (The Cat In ThE hAT)
Rosie- Jennifer Coolidge
Astro- CGI, voiced by Neill Flynn

May 5 - 07:38 PM

alarson37

Aaron Larson

[b]Jetson's Cast[/b]
Trying to go on a different bend that those so far...

George -- Tim Allen or Steve Martin
Jane -- Marcia Cross (a bit off the wall I know, but I think it works)
Judy -- Kristen Bell
Elroy -- Angus T. Jones (2 1/2 Men)
Rosie -- Ellen DeGeneras
Astro -- Andy Serkis (let him do the capture for the CGI too)

May 7 - 01:43 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships