Trailer Bulletin: Superman Returns

Summary

There's no denying that Warner Bros' "Superman Returns" is one of this summer's flashiest and most eagerly anticipated projects, so why not click right here and enjoy the ultra-new and rather slick theatrical trailer, or check out the trailer via flipbook? Back to Article

Comments

metalgear21

Chris Embury

[b]This is going to be the best movie of the year[/b]
I felt the hair raise on the back of my neck watching the teaser, and this new trailer has blown me away. I was always a bigger fan of spiderman than superman, and always a bigger fan of batman than spiderman. This summer the tables may turn.

May 3 - 12:57 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

come on say it!

WRROONNNGGG!!!!!

HAHAH!

May 3 - 02:33 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

[b]Yeah[/b]
The only thing left to be answered by this movie is the casting. It looks great, sounds great, effects are awesome....but, how about the casting? Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh are pretty young looking. Maybe he saves the world in between popping his zits and finding hair in his Nether-regions.

May 3 - 02:42 PM

Enemy

Roland Eimer

I couldn't care less about yet another superhero movie. Batman, Spiderman, Superman - these films are all so utterly useless. It's almost funny how excited everybody gets over this nonsense.

May 3 - 04:17 PM

Harmonic

Ryan Dale

"I couldn't care less about yet another superhero movie."

Then why are you even bothering to post here or read any of this. Hey, I'm not a fan of country music, so why would I go to a website about country music and post a message saying I don't care about country music? I wouldn't waste my time with it.

"these films are all so utterly useless."
You might as well say all films are useless. Why would anyone sit in front of a big, white rectangle on the wall with lights shining on it for two hours? It's nonsense.

I happen to be one of those people who have played both trailers a dozen times or more and can't wait for June 30.

May 9 - 01:44 AM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

"It's almost funny how excited everybody gets over this nonsense"

If you want to know why everybody gets excited over this "nonsense" go read the books of Carl Jung or Joseph Campbell, you will find the answer there...

May 9 - 10:44 AM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

To me the best thing about this trailer is the music.
The worst thing is how young Louise Lane and Olsen look (they look like high school kids!). I hate how Hollywood tends to cast young kids to play cool characters... Anyway, I think Spacey is going to kick ass in this movie.

May 3 - 06:39 PM

Paul_Is_Drunk

Paul Andersen

I just pooped my pants. This is going to be the movie of the summer.

May 3 - 09:01 PM

Aoiboy

Aoi Boy

Is it my imagination or Martha Kent is chanelling Aunt May in her whole speech of wisdom to the hero ?! ^_^ I agree with the young casting issue... still, the trailer looks amazing and I'll be there on opening day !!

May 3 - 11:42 PM

vader_of_vjun

Timothy Maddocks

Well, since this is a sequel to Superman II, I'd have to say that the idea of ressurecting Brando, al la Olivier in Sky Captain, was a genius choice, and Brandon Routh looks a hell of a lot like Reeve. Anything is better than Margot Kidder, and Spacey is channeling Gene Hackman so damn much that I though it WAS Hackman half the time.

May 4 - 12:21 AM

necron91

Michael Clulee

IGN has it....

May 4 - 07:09 AM

jarek

First Last

I'm not looking foward to this in any way. I don't know why. Trailer just does nothing for me.

May 4 - 08:17 AM

Spike1967

Frank Cogan

The trailer did nothing for me as well. I think Spacey is going to do a fine job though. Kate Bosworth seems hugely miscast.

May 4 - 02:22 PM

RoadDogXVIII

Michael Zimmerman

I may agree with some of y'all about Kate Bosworth. I mean, like Katie Holmes, this is not ideal material for someone like Kate to be a part of. And she ain't that great an actress (unless you count "Beyond the Sea" and "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton"). But since "Superman Returns" has sort of a lighter tone than "Batman Begins," maybe it won't be bad. Cause let's face it, the last thing this movie needs is a Razzie award for Worst Actress. Movies like this are so good, but then there's something holding this movie back from greatness.

May 4 - 03:42 PM

Black Adam

Alex McKinnon

[b]Bargaining chip[/b]
I'm pretty sure I heard way back in the day that Bosworth was a sort of clever maneuver in order to encourage Spacey, who was still on the fence, to take the Luthor part, seeing as he'd acted with her in his pet project Beyond the Sea. I don't know about you guys, but Bostworth can be as bad as Kidder for all I care if it meant getting Kevin freakin' Spacey for Luthor.

May 4 - 04:15 PM

Blue Arc

First Last

Even if Kate Bosworth's just a bargaining chip and a bit too young for the role, that doesn't mean she's gonna stink up the screen. And Katie Holmes wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made her out to be. I mean, she was up against Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Micheal Caine, and Liam Neeson. That's a whole lot of talent right there. She was way side stepped by a large cast of veteran actors.

May 5 - 11:06 AM

mstiefan

Mike Erali

[b]Plot[/b]
What I like is the plot. Superman exists, then he goes away, in the meantime, lex luthor finds the fortress of solitude, probably where old footage of brando appears, then maybe there are flashbacks to kent as a child, then he comes back, and everyone wonders where he went.

Anyway, looks good. I can see, however, the use of special effects being abused. Say what you will about older special effects, at least you knew it was the actor on the screen instead of a computer generated image of the actor.

May 5 - 12:07 PM

FlutieFlakes

j s

^Like the above user said, I like the plot. However, the cast does nothing for me; I don't see anything spectacular about Spacey's performance in this trailer. The CG of Supes landing hard on the ground looked overly fake, as does his cape when he's hovering in space. I'm sorry, but the plasticky look of the CGI is detrimental to my enjoyment of the movie. I'm not excited for this movie one bit, however, I will see it the day it comes out and I WANT it to exceed my expectations...which are low at best.

May 7 - 07:19 PM

Rab75

Rab Bit

[b]"S"[/b]
Do you think they should've redesigned his outfit?

I think maybe he should be flying about in the nude................just more appropriate, cos he's from another planet. Do they speak English out there too? Does the "S" stand for Superman or Sex or Sensible or Sense and Sensability(Maybe he's a Jane Austin Fan).

May 8 - 06:34 AM

Harmonic

Ryan Dale

"I couldn't care less about yet another superhero movie."

"these films are all so utterly useless."

May 9 - 01:44 AM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

"It's almost funny how excited everybody gets over this nonsense"

May 9 - 10:44 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships