Snakes on a Poster!

I'll admit it: Like many online movie nerds, I'm ankle deep in SOAP-fever -- "SOAP" being an acronym for "Snakes on a Plane," and not, y'know, actual soap. Now New Line's unveiled the (already cult-status) flick's new teaser poster. And it's pretty nifty.

One would be tempted to knock New Line for pushing this flick so hard so early ... but they're not to blame: The SOAP sensation is almost entirely fan-induced! Guess that's what happens when you get Sam Jackson to star in a plane-based action/horror movie that promises a whole lot of campy craziness and snake-centric mayhem. Plus, as many people have noted already, the title is just perfect.

Kenan Thompson: Welcome to "Snakes on a Plane," home of the snakes on a plane, may I take your order?

Co-starring David Koechner, Rachel Blanchard, Julianna Margulies, Sunny Mabrey, Todd Louiso, and Kenan Thompson, and directed by David "Cellular" Ellis, "Snakes on a Plane" opens on August 18th -- a date that can't get here quickly enough.

Comments

Aoiboy

Aoi Boy

I saw this poster ages ago and can't remember where !!!

May 4 - 06:09 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]so excited[/b]
good news everywhere. original star wars on DVD, cool superman, transformers! YES!

May 4 - 09:11 AM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

I cannot wait for this movie. It will be the greatest movie ever.

May 4 - 12:48 PM

Gareth

Gareth von Kallenbach

I dooubt it, this film is nothing more than an average summer film that has been lucky enough to get some very good studio planted hype that has taken off on the web. I think when all is said and done, it will be just an average film. I hope not, but I really am dubious of the so called, Net Firestorm as it looks very much like a clever marketing ploy.

May 4 - 01:39 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]New Line pwns Rotten Tomatoes.[/b]
Like he said. It'll never attain a "so bad it's good" rep and will stand as a tribute of how shill-ish fanboys can be.

That poster looks like a Whitesnake album cover.

May 5 - 09:25 AM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

[b]SOAP[/b]
This will be the greatest popcorn and audience participation film since The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

May 4 - 04:22 PM

Purple People

R. M.

I'm still disappointed that this didn't turn out to be the most excellent April Fool's joke of all time.

May 4 - 08:41 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]New Line pwns Rotten Tomatoes.[/b]

That poster looks like a Whitesnake album cover.

May 5 - 09:25 AM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast