"Saw 3" Cast Buzzing

The horror fans know they'll (seemingly) always have a new "Saw" flick to enjoy each October -- and they'll also be happy to know that series regulars Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, and Dina Meyer will be returning. And they'll be joined by newcomers Bahar Soomekh ("Mission: Impossible 3") and Angus Macfadyen ("Equilibrium").

Says Variety: "Pic, which is being produced by Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures, is set to begin shooting May 8 in Toronto. "Saw III" will be directed by Darren Lynn Bousman ("Saw II"). Franchise scribes Leigh Whannell and James Wan came up with the story for the upcoming installment, with Whannell penning the screenplay.

All told, horror franchise has grossed more than $250 million in worldwide box office receipts, with DVD sales approaching 10 million units, according to Lionsgate."

Comments

mizzoucritic

Sean Ludwig

How long will it take before the Saw producers can't make another film? Hell, after one of these bombs, they'll probably just take it straight to DVD.

Just think - "Saw 7 - Jigsaw in Outer Space" or "Saw 8 - Jigsaw at the Carnival." Sounds menacing, doesn't it?

May 5 - 10:22 AM

LimpytheTurtle

Antonio Lopez

How bout Saw:6:Jigsaw in 'da Hood or Jigsaw Takes Manhattan or Jigsaw and the choclotastic factory of wonder...the last ones my fave.

May 5 - 10:52 AM

LimpytheTurtle

Antonio Lopez

May 5 - 10:52 AM

Vicens17

Pas the point Vicens

you guys obviously dont like the movies. For me, this is great news, I love the films, they are genius.

May 5 - 12:00 PM

Legen-dary

Neil Butler

You want genius? Watch "Se7en", if you haven't already. That's the movie that the "Saw" series has been trying to be the entire time.

But hey, if you like the films, no problem. To everybody his own, I say.

May 5 - 01:28 PM

Vicens17

Pas the point Vicens

surprisingly, I love, LOVE film, but I have NEVER seen Se7en

May 5 - 04:38 PM

Legen-dary

Neil Butler

But hey, if you like the films, no problem. To everybody his own, I say.

May 5 - 01:28 PM

Vicens17

Pas the point Vicens

surprisingly, I love, LOVE film, but I have NEVER seen Se7en

May 5 - 04:38 PM

South_park300

First Last

i like the movies too. im sure they won't make too many, they just want to make them while they are popular. im sure there will be a long break after the third. but if not, eh, whatever. its a nice break from those crappy pg-13 horror movies

May 5 - 02:17 PM

jarek

First Last

Wow, great cast there (vomits). I predict Feldman/Haim for Saw 4. These films are terrible.

May 5 - 02:23 PM

Vicens17

Pas the point Vicens

surprisingly, I love, LOVE film, but I have NEVER seen Se7en

May 5 - 04:38 PM

tygra86

william ward

I enjoyed the first Saw movie just enough to rent it every once in a while. Now, I enjoy Saw 2 enough to where I bought it. See where I'm going with this. The series seems to get better and better, so, hopefully part 3 will be excellent. Also, aside from Shawnee Smith, which is brilliant, I think that if given great things to do in these films, Dina Meyer will really be able to shine. I think she's a good actress.

May 5 - 06:22 PM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

i doubt very much that saw III will be any good... I mean, Donnie Wahlberg practically forced himself into the cast again. How are they going to explain that away? Donnie escaped somehow? They pumped the script out pretty fast. I think they're going for quantity not quality.

May 10 - 08:24 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

The screening of "Saw" I went to gave the movie such a poor reception, we practically laughed it off of the screen. To see now that it's spawning one blockbuster after another, and quickly becoming a franchise, is really interesting.

A friend of mine came up with a list of 560 different ways to die once, way back when. I should ask him about that list, stick about 30 of the best entries into a screenplay, and start my own splatter-horror franchise. Rottentomatoes.com forum users will love/hate me, but I'll be pretty rich, I think.

May 5 - 06:29 PM

HoneycombSAFARI

Daniel James

yeah, as an australian, i sort of feel a tinge of aussie pride that tries to convince me to like the saw movies. But no, my better judgement lets me know when im watching a turkey. he first one was campy fun for me and the second was crappy and bloodless. i don't think i'll see the third one, but i am most defintely hanging out for the next final destination. Now theres a franchise with bite and staying power

May 5 - 07:31 PM

Mike

First Last

[B]SAW[/B] was so lame! I saw it opening weekend and could not believe how hilarious bad it was. The acting was atrocious! I've seen better acting in straight-to-DVD movies. I, as well as a lot of people in the audience, were laughing quite a bit. It is a good one to laugh at that's for sure, as it was one of the funniest movies I saw in 2004. It is shocking and disturbing how so many loved the first one. It's disturbing because it's such a bad horror movie. I love horror movies, but it was pathetic and like an MTV music video version of [B]Se7en[/B]. I did enjoy the sequel though, which I didn't see in theaters after the disaster that was the first one. I'll see the third; though I'm not sure if it will be theatrically or on DVD.

There have been some great recent horror movies ([b]High Tension[/b], [b]Wolf Creek[/b], [b]The Hills Have Eyes[/b] remake), but neither in the [b]Saw[/b] series is one of them.

May 6 - 12:26 AM

Callpacas

Khim Lo

i just can't believe some of my fiends calling this an all new and interesting concept and premise for a film. God, this idea of a mad man trapping people and killing them off one by one by some wickedly twisted but ultimalely hilarious manner had been done to death already.

Just go check how many iterations of Cube, for one, there is right now? what with the dearth of good horror films....

May 6 - 08:32 AM

Cobblergobbler457

Will Graham

[b]SAW FAN[/b]
The Saw films have been a sucsess in my mind. The smart thing they do is that they get a cast that nobody has everherd of and they kill all of them all(Exept in the 2 one) They are blood filled torture fest and it makes me happy to see that they have started making a 3. I am happy.

May 7 - 03:05 PM

aarons345

aaron stephenson

[b]SE7EN[/b]
the saw series will never be as good as se7en...end of story.

May 7 - 06:04 PM

renny2077

Renny Abraham

I can't wait to see Saw III.

May 7 - 11:34 PM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

saw 2 sucked... hard
saw I was only good because the concept was pretty original

May 10 - 08:06 AM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

May 10 - 08:24 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office