"Hellboy 2" Warming Up

Ron "Hellboy" Perlman seems pretty confident about the impending arrival of a "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army," and he dropped a few devilish hints to the folks at Sci-Fi Wire:

From the Sci-Fi guys: "I know they're incredibly close," (says Perlman), "I know that there's one studio in particular that I probably shouldn't name [that] is pounding away at looking at the budget and has expressed a huge enthusiasm for [Guillermo] Del Toro's script and the desire to do the project. Now they're just pushing numbers around. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced very soon."

Click here for a little more info!

Comments

killthemall

mynameis mynameis

Hellboy was a great movie and if Guillermo Del Toro directs the second it could be just as good.

May 5 - 06:50 AM

sokiveta.com

Michael Sokiveta

[b]Twice the Hell, Twice the Boy![/b]
Hellboy 1 was great, but I felt like the movie lacked in some areas. I'm hoping the next movie keeps all that was good about the first one and does nothing but improve, like Spider-Man 2. It's hard to make good sequels, just ask the cast of Ghostbusters.

I really like the character development of Hellboy 1, but I'm hoping Hellboy 2 will show more of the super heroes using their super powers.

May 5 - 06:55 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

I agree. Hellboy 2 won't have to worry about the slow character set up, though, and will be able to concentrate more on the story, which sounds absolutely awesome!

May 5 - 12:22 PM

bwozar

Bernard Ozarowski

Del Toro should be making Halo not Hellboy 2

May 5 - 07:46 AM

Fargo

Vaclav Malinak

Hellboy 2 is more important than Halo and it is his projest. Im glad he stays! Not like Bryan Singer!

May 5 - 08:04 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

It wasn't Bryan Singer's fault. Who could turn down the Man of Steel movie? It was Fox that went on without him. He wanted to stay.

May 5 - 09:46 AM

Callpacas

Khim Lo

i don;t think there;s much to build on Halo...without a great dose of creative liberalism, veering far off from the games. IN Vendetta, the pace allows us to understand and feel for him, but for Master Chief, he can just be anyone in a helmet raining bullets on the enemy. How drab would that be?

Hellboy 2 got huge expectations to live up to...just don't make it into a straight to dvd.

May 5 - 08:13 AM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

I loved the first Hellboy, but Guillermo just doesn't seem like the right fit for Halo, so it's good he's going with Hellboy 2. They need someone with more of a feel for the space-sci-fi-epic-type movies to direct Halo.

May 5 - 09:20 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

May 5 - 09:46 AM

Blue Arc

First Last

And Brian did do two X-Men films.

May 5 - 11:08 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

May 5 - 12:22 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

I can't wait! :D

May 5 - 01:12 PM

RockeyNumber1

John Michael Hailey

Did anybody else hate Hellboy?......or was that just me?

May 5 - 01:40 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

[b]Hell Yeah[/b]
Another Hell Boy.................What more Could a Person want.

I loved the movie.

To those who hated it.Do you want some cheese with your whine?

May 5 - 06:47 PM

Aftermath_1551

Kanu Avasthy

maybe just you, i thought then and still think now that it was one of the better comic adaptations

May 5 - 03:17 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

[b]Hell Yeah[/b]
Another Hell Boy.................What more Could a Person want.

I loved the movie.

To those who hated it.Do you want some cheese with your whine?

May 5 - 06:47 PM

lpbreeze

First Last

I don't know a single person who thought the movie was great. I liked it but I don't really remember it all that well. Still I would see the sequel but the first movie had a bunch of minor flaws that could be worked out because the movie really wasn't that special.

May 6 - 01:30 AM

South_park300

First Last

"I don't know a single person who thought the movie was great."

...read the opinions above yours...

May 6 - 07:55 AM

Paul_Is_Drunk

Paul Andersen

This is good news. 'Nuff said.

May 6 - 10:32 AM

ggfunk

Greg Mizell

I'm very excited, I hope this happens, and soon.

May 6 - 02:51 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

[b]Hellboy bigger than Halo? Doubt it[/b]
I remember walking out of Hellboy with my friends. They were all really excited about it because they had read the comics. I'm not a comic kid, but I thought it was a good movie, very different. I'm happy that they're making a Hellboy 2, but I'm sorry there is no way it's "more important" than Halo. I guarentee whenever Halo comes out it is going to be a much bigger deal than Hellboy. It's going to have a HUGE marketing campaign with Microsoft behind it (as well as the studio), rabid Xbox fans, and the general sci/fi, action, and possibly war markets audience....and depending on how it's made I'm sure it will get a lot general audience attention too.

May 6 - 03:12 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

It all depends on what medium you enjoy. For me, having never played Halo, the movie wouldn't be a big deal and I most likely wouldn't be interested in seeing it. There may be more Halo players than Hellboy readers, but it's still far from a general audience subject.

Also, the success of the film comes down to the same problem every video game-to-movie faces and that's the excitement of actually playing the game and controlling the action compared to sitting back and watching it. In that respect, do you honestly believe Halo would come out any differently than Doom?

May 6 - 04:34 PM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

"Do you honestly believe Halo would come out any differently than Doom?"

Absolutley. That movie was written by a hack, and aside from the fact that they show Mars for about 5 seconds, it had absolutely nothing to do with the game it was supposedly based off of. I could shoot a better "Doom" movie with some legos and my handicam.

Halo is already off on the right foot by Microsoft/Bungie keeping creative control over the studios, and nabbing Peter Jackson as exec producer. Halo 2 made $125 million in its first day of sales. The audience IS THERE.

That being said. Hellboy was awesome!, and it deserves just as much chance as being Del Toro's next project as Halo, and that's if he's really even considering doing Halo. I'll be happy either way. But I'd be even happier if Ridley Scott took over Halo, and Del Toro made a kick ass Hellboy sequel.

May 6 - 05:40 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

I didn't mean the quality of the movie. I haven't seen Doom, so I can't speak to the quality, but from what I've heard, Halo really can't do any worse. I meant sitting back and watching compared to actually PLAYING the game. That $125 million didn't come from people buying it for their buddies so they could watch someone else play. Sure, fans of the game will be turned on by seeing their favorite characters come to life, but the interactivity that makes the game what it is just won't be there. Just wait, 20 minutes into the movie and those same fans are gonna start getting fidgety without a controller in their hands.

May 7 - 01:22 PM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

Ya thats true, I agree. But, when you think about it, a GOOD game needs the same thing a good movie needs . . a good story. Halo's gameplay was awesome, and I would say it's story and characters were also awesome, or at least good enough to hold up as a movie. Without the need to hold the controller.

May 8 - 12:18 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

[b]HOOOW[/b]
That is kinda what I meant by "How" they do it. It could easily turn out to be a Doom-esqe or Resident Evil type movie (both of which weren't bad, but could have been a lot better). Playing or not playing is irrelevant, because that grouping of people won't care that they can't play it, they're going to want to see Master Chief go to town on some aliens like you said. You make it sound like gamers have A.D.D, again it comes down to how it is made. The story is strong enough, they'd have to take some liberties to get some more character development on Master Chief and the rest of the crew, but overall this movie "could" be something great. Also like I said it depends on how the marketing is done. Look at Serenity, what many people who have seen it compare to the "old" Star Wars...I mean, that is huge, but because it was a hard movie to market, the studio wound up doing it wrong and the movie "failed". So is making a good Halo a shot in the dark? Yeah I'd say so, but so far Master Chief has had sniper like aim :)

May 8 - 01:05 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

"You make it sound like gamers have A.D.D."

That's because gamers DO have A.D.D.! It's not that I have anything against them. Hell, I'm a gamer myself. However, scientific studies have shown a direct correlation between constant visual input from video devices (TV, computer monitors, handhelds, etc) and concentration lapses combined with anxiety. The proliferation of such devices is believed to be why A.D.D. is so prevalent in younger kids nowadays. The studies show that, while the conscious brain is seeing a continuous image, the subconscious is picking up on the continual flashing from the screen refresh rate, which disrupts synaptic activity. Try taking a photo of your TV or computer monitor and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now, were the gamers to actually put down their controllers every once in a while and READ...

Say, for instance, a good Hellboy comic...

May 9 - 03:39 AM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

May 6 - 04:34 PM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

"Do you honestly believe Halo would come out any differently than Doom?"

May 6 - 05:40 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

May 7 - 01:22 PM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

May 8 - 12:18 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

[b]HOOOW[/b]

May 8 - 01:05 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

"You make it sound like gamers have A.D.D."

Say, for instance, a good Hellboy comic...

May 9 - 03:39 AM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

"Do you honestly believe Halo would come out any differently than Doom?"

May 6 - 05:40 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

May 7 - 01:22 PM

SUPERTOY

Shane Rhodes

May 8 - 12:18 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

[b]HOOOW[/b]

May 8 - 01:05 PM

t-joint

Tom Malmin

"You make it sound like gamers have A.D.D."

Say, for instance, a good Hellboy comic...

May 9 - 03:39 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup