New "Rogue" Pics: Jason Statham Takes On Jet Li

Martial arts and action-fans, get excited; we've got the first three pics from the Jason Statham-Jet Li pic, "Rogue" -- and stay tuned for RT's set report from the Vancouver production!

Perhaps you've had the thought; what if "The Transporter" met "Once Upon a Time in China" hero Wong Fei Hung? Who, in this epic battle of manic butt-kicker vs. deadly, trained master, would come out on top?

Jason Statham is saving his flying kicks for Jet Li in "Rogue"

The answer may be a no-brainer to some, but a Statham-Li showdown does sound infinitely entertaining, and it's coming to theaters next year in the form of Lionsgate's "Rogue." In it, Statham plays an FBI agent on the hunt for revenge against Jet Li's lethal assassin; Devon Aoki, Luis Guzman, and Japanese actor Ryo Ishibashi are also onboard for some intrigue and action.

Jet Li and Co., dressed to kill in "Rogue"

RT's Phu Bui-Quang and Senh Duong got the chance to spend some time with the "Rogue" cast and crew during filming last month in Vancouver -- stay tuned for their set reports and interviews with Jet Li, Devon Aoki, director Phillip G. Atwell and action choreographer extraordinaire, Corey Yuen!

Choreographer Corey Yuen makes Jet Li look like a giant on the set of "Rogue"

Comments

ntavvne

Antonio Pe

BADASS

May 10 - 05:01 PM

DjMovieGoer

DJ Hnd

transporter vs jet li = $$$

May 10 - 05:05 PM

getomans

jon smith

cant wait for this movie to come out, I love the two Transporter movies.

May 10 - 05:32 PM

guyverfanboy

Patrick Kerl

Definitely sounds cool. I like both Jason Statham and Jet Li and having them fight? Even better!

May 10 - 07:08 PM

Decade_e_a

Aaron Senters

WHOO!! as long as Michael Bay isnt there I love mindless action films!

May 10 - 08:43 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

[b]Yeah, when I first heard about this...[/b]
... I immediately got RT-Jen to set us up with a set visit.

May 10 - 08:50 PM

hattori hanzo

derek knight

Even if this is bad I am most likely seeing it, why? Martial arts, thats why.

May 10 - 09:27 PM

new12play

Nathan Wells

Sounds cool, but they have been in a movie together before...The One.

May 11 - 05:26 AM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

Yeah, but they're NOT gonna be going mano-a-mano like they will in this one.

May 11 - 06:07 PM

Hieremias

Jeremy Appleyard

Man... Jason Statham is too good an actor to be wasting his time on crappy kung-fu movies. Please let's see him in some good stuff!

May 11 - 06:27 AM

daddybing

paul williams

[b]yeah!!!!!!!!!!!come on!!!!!!!!![/b]
I must see this movie its going to be kick-ass. whoooppppaaa!!!!!!

May 11 - 12:17 PM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

As long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, this could be a really fun movie.

May 11 - 01:24 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

Yeah, but they're NOT gonna be going mano-a-mano like they will in this one.

May 11 - 06:07 PM

Symmetrical

dave roberts

liked this move the first time when it was called "the one"

May 11 - 07:36 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

The One was basically Jet vs. Jet. Jason Stathum hadn't established himself as an action star yet.

May 11 - 07:55 PM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

May 11 - 07:55 PM

new12play

Nathan Wells

While on paper this movie sounds great, I think it may be 3 years too late. These movies just don't really offer anything anymore. We've seen the same thing 1000 times. And while I know I'll watch it eventually since it's never a waste to watch 2 trained martial artists go at it, there's nothing really special anymore about the whoel concept. I think that's why Jet Li has pondered retiring from martial arts movies. At least in Unleashed I felt he tried something different that while a lot of didn't really gel onscreen, the idea was at least a breath of fresh air (Morgan Freeman and Jet Li in the same movie was the kicker...no pun intended). But since I've already defeated my argument by saying I'll watch this anyway, that's why this movie will succeed. I just hope to see something unique with the talents these two have (Transporter 2 was ridiculously over the top). Here's an idea...how about making Jason Statham an ex-street fighter whose killed many men for the benefit of paying customers...still the same concept I know...but he gets out of the game and the benefactors put a bounty on his head (return or kill)...I know, the same as earlier movies...but he's attempted to settle down in an undisclosed location, possibly the rainforest, and here's the kicker (once again no pun intended), Jet Li plays his conscious who misses the taste of blood, and constantly and internally he fights that conscious in surreal worlds, trying to stop the evil he possessed from "unleashing" on the world...and when the bounty comes for him, he fights them and his conscious, trying to save himself and his sanity....that's what I'm thinking, feel free to chime in and sorry for the long post.

May 12 - 11:13 AM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

Interesting, but The Ultimate Warrior already tried this on his comic book, and it tanked after its initial launch. Well, Jet's always pondering retirement. He's been pondering retirement since Fist of Legend. I think this is not too bad a time because Jason Stathum is at the peak of his career as an action star after the moderately successful Transporter movies.

May 13 - 02:26 AM

The Senhman

Senh Duong

May 13 - 02:26 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

Yeah, Jet would win. But I like the match-up anyway; when I first saw The Transporter, I was pretty surprised at how Statham, previously a snarky Guy Ritchie standby, suddenly became this lethal action star. Nevertheless, Statham'll have to hang on to that gun of his if he wants to stand a chance.

And I probably won't even see this movie because it wouldn't live up to my inner kung-fu fanboy's desires.

May 13 - 03:50 PM

Dox

Anton Waldropt

[b]My idea[/b]
want to see something really original?...try throwing in Tony Jaa for a threeway fight....mwuahhahahaa!!!!...in fact to make it fair...have Statham n Jet Li team up against him...then we'll see what's what.

May 16 - 06:30 AM