Tyrese Gibson Joins the "Transformers" Ensemble

The giant robots are, of course, the stars of the "Transformers" universe, but there certainly doesn't seem to be a shortage of flesh & blood actors signing on for the massive production. The newest names added to the call sheet are Tyrese Gibson ("Four Brothers"), Rachael Taylor ("Man-Thing"), and Amaury Nolasco ("The Benchwarmers").

The latest cast additions come from DarkHorizons and The Hollywood Reporter.

"The Transformers," which will come from screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, director Michael Bay, and executive producer Steven Spielberg, already has a pretty stacked cast list. The newest trio join Shia LaBeouf, Bernie Mac, Jon Voight, Josh Duhamel, Michael Clarke Duncan, John Turturro, a few others, and a bunch that probably haven't been announced yet. Plus all those giant robots who morph into vehicles.

Comments

rockstarfrank

David Frank

I think I get it now...transformers is going to be a comedy much like Mars Attacks! With this many humans in the movie I imagine lots of surprised looks some witty banter and maybe even a Transformer from time to time. Should be just great unless you are a Transformer fan.

May 15 - 07:23 AM

Cozy

Hugh Jackman

Oh god....

May 15 - 09:39 AM

RSPimparo01

Matt Holbrook

Crap.

May 15 - 10:37 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

I dont get it, we haven't seen an official casting list so how do we know some of these are not voice actors for the robots? Maybe theres somthing I missed.

May 15 - 12:43 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

I hope you are right, but other news items have listed these actors as playing human characters and not transformers...it makes little sense to me

May 15 - 01:32 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

yeah if Tim allen and Tom Hanks will do a lil CG movie about toys comming alive, why wouldn't actors want to do VO work for the biggest robot franchise in history?

May 15 - 01:39 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

I can understand why the actors would want to do it. I can't understand why it appears (according to other RT articles) that the writers have chosen to have so many human characters in this movie. Read the other RT articles, their are a lot of humans in this movie and still no word on Spike or his Dad as choices, my guess is that they are not in it, but we will see...

May 15 - 04:56 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

May 15 - 01:32 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

May 15 - 01:39 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

May 15 - 04:56 PM

erob

Eric Roberts

oh i hope they sign vin desel...

May 15 - 01:35 PM

May 15 - 02:22 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

May 15 - 04:56 PM

tyler8186

Tyler Peterson

this is getting ridiculous... we want to see bots

May 15 - 04:59 PM

nosoupforyou

A. Reeves

Token stereotype joke: Tyrese's bot turns into a gun and robs a liquor store.

Sorry. Had to.

May 15 - 09:10 PM

starvin

Brady Greene

....oh god

May 16 - 01:13 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>