Trailer Bulletin: My Super-Ex Girlfriend

Offer me a cast that includes Luke Wilson, Uma Thurman, Anna Faris, Wanda Sykes, Eddie Izzard, and Rainn Wilson ... and that's a comedy I want to see. Then throw legendary comedy director Ivan Reitman into the mix, make the thing a superhero comedy with a rom-com twist, and you get "My Super Ex-Girlfriend," the all-new trailer for which you can see right here.

(Sorry about the spotty MTV linkage. Firefox users might want to visit the Internet Explorer dark side for just a few minutes.)

"Breaking up is hard to do, but sometimes it can be downright dangerous. In the Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Matt Saunders (Luke Wilson) thinks he's finally found the perfect girlfriend, the beautiful Jenny Johnson (Uma Thurman) - who just so happens to be a superhero. When Jenny/G-Girl becomes overly possessive, Matt wants to call it quits ? but how do you break up with a superhero? A scorned woman, Jenny/G-Girl unleashes on her ex the full fury of her super-powered wrath as she sets out on a no-holds-barred mission to bust up Matt's budding romance with his co-worker Hannah (Anna Faris)."

Written by "Simpsons" producer Don Payne and directed by Ivan Reitman ("Stripes," "Ghostbusters," "Evolution"), "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" arrives on July 21st.

Comments

dudemovies

Mike Masselli

It looks funny

May 26 - 03:39 AM

adml_shake

Robin Goins

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this

May 26 - 04:20 AM

Mudhole

Andrew Goodridge

People who say "rom-com" need to fellate my personal Korean slave boy (who does nothing but fellate my Vietnamese slave boy all day).

May 26 - 06:06 AM

aconline

Adam Collins

I didn't laugh until the end of the trailer. I think I will give it a shot.

May 26 - 06:08 AM

Prosper761

Brian Bara

Considering Reitman's last movie was the appallingly bad "Evolution," I'll wait until I read the reviews before deciding to see it.

May 26 - 09:09 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

yeah Evolution and Mysterymen couple very under rated movies in my book

May 26 - 08:23 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

This looks so cute! I would like to give it a try.

May 26 - 09:39 PM

SozeStrangelove

Will Potenberg

[b]Son of a . . .!!![/b]
I can play it on my Mac. What's up with that. the site said something about Mac not supporting Windows DRM, or what ever the hell it was.

May 26 - 10:06 PM

gay4god

Bob Cool Guy

A romantic comedy disguised with a super hero/comic book twist to get boys to take their girls to this movie. WHACK! Lets go rent Hitch instead

May 26 - 10:58 PM

UweBoll

laurent de alberti

[b]PC's are evil[/b]
When is anyone going to realise that pc's are sh@t and that there are more and more mac users around

May 27 - 02:48 AM

wakeofinsanity

Jack Knut

So true... I can't believe it.

May 30 - 05:35 PM

p.lo

Paul L

ha. mac users. a whoppoing 6% of the market. you're just jealous because you don't get exciting viruses like PC users... and our new operating systems are giving you wistful memories of your apple II from 1990. dream on.

May 27 - 07:35 AM

brs27

Beau Smith

[b]Looks decent..[/b]
The trailer didn't seem that funny to me....now the new Superman Returns trailer that played with X3 was a sight to behold!

May 27 - 07:39 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

Not another one of these useless arguments again.

The trailer's available now at the film's website anyway, all users.

My dad can beat up your dad, by the by.

May 27 - 07:41 AM

TakeNames

Molly Deeks

Not terribly excited about this one...I have to say I was amused as hell when she threw a shark in his window...honestly....who throws a shark?

May 27 - 10:41 AM

Mike

First Last

I adore Anna Faris. She's my personal favorite actress. She's so funny (though she hasn't been given a chance to shine lately - not as much as she used to anyway - and she's underused in the new [b]Scary Movie[/b] flicks, which have been lame since they decided to go with stupid PG-13 slapstick. She just isn't given as much to do in them anymore, not as funny of stuff anyway.) and underrated. I can't watch the trailer on my computer but have been waiting for one to come out for awhile now. It sounds funny. I also like Luke Wilson. I will watch the trailer next week when I'm at a friend's house.

May 27 - 11:08 AM

dc00777

dan calhoun

This actually looks good. At least this film is trying a different perspective to the rom-com genre, so I'm already somewhat impressed.

May 28 - 07:12 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

It's at least an original idea. But tell me this, why Luke Wilson? I could have thought of so many other potential leads who would fit this part SO much better: Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, or even somebody like Matthew McCounghey. Bad casting (at least from seeing the trailer). It looks kind of like a "When Harry Met Superwoman" kind of flick. Could be fun!

May 29 - 11:53 AM

wakeofinsanity

Jack Knut

So true... I can't believe it.

May 30 - 05:35 PM