Robin Williams Keeps Chatting About The Joker

Summary

No casting decisions have been announced just yet, so just relax. But apparently Mr. Robin Williams is lobbying pretty hard for the role of The Joker in Christopher Nolan's impending "Batman Begins" sequel. Nolan and Williams worked together on "Insomnia," so maybe he knows something we don't... Back to Article

Comments

vader_of_vjun

Timothy Maddocks

Yes, Robin Williams please! Not only is he exceptionally amusing, he's a great dramatic actor also. I mean please, somebody tell me they werent scared shitless by One Hour Photo!

Jun 27 - 03:33 PM

Karl

John Locke

Robin would be a good choice, but the perfect choice would be Shaun Penn (even if I dont like him that much). Just put some makeup on him, he would look identical to the comic Joker. He could also play funny while being a phycho lunitic.

Jun 27 - 03:55 PM

JackHorner1979

tom brownbridge

[b]So the Joker suddenly has Rhesus Monkeys all over[/b]
Seriously, the hair on that guy is creepy.
I think a revamp of The Joker is in order and I like the concept of perhaps mixing his actions with Ed Gein. Joker would be fitting as a guy who simply uses hooks to cut the sides of his victims mouths and is a psycho who weilds an axe. We have to understand that Joker isn't funny, he just thinks he is. I think it's time to darken the character and explore the avenues where most wouldn't dare.

Jun 27 - 04:08 PM

killbill82

frank ford

[b]Mark Hammil......hell no! lol[/b]
they are going young and williams is far from a young man.

Jun 27 - 06:17 PM

medicineman

Kim Hutton

Paul Reubens would be better than Williams. Combine Pee Wee Herman with his character Derek Foreal from Blow and you got yourself one hell of a joker!

Jun 27 - 06:30 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

As much I as I have respect for Williams, I don't think he should do it. One thing is the age. Joker isn't a "fighter" per se, but he can't be as old as RW. Secondly is that I would fear that Williams would absorb too much of the movie, and the character, with all his jesting. I don't know. I'd go with someone a bit younger. The new batman series has the clout now to land a decent young actor to do a good villain. Look what Murphy did with his minimal role as the scarecrow. Brilliant.

I've also heard that in the new script, the joker has about as much screentime as the scarecrow...
Not sure what to think of that.

Jun 27 - 07:39 PM

SozeStrangelove

Will Potenberg

Either Robin Williams or Ralph Fiennes.

killbill82, do you remember that at the end of Batman Begins, Jim Gordon says that the inmates from Arkham are still lose? He then produces the Joker card from the robbery. So it doesn't matter if he is young or old

Jun 27 - 10:24 PM

n_cruz69

Nestor Cruz

Hugo Weaving would be perfect IIMO, he has shown he can play any role

Jun 27 - 10:58 PM

killermonkey822

Joe Chid

um yeah i would say robin williams would make a good joker but i was hoping for hugo weaving.....

Jun 27 - 11:00 PM

spiteface

Kent McGowan

Please, please... anyone but Robin Williams!

Jun 28 - 12:42 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

I think if Robin Williams was cast as the Joker, he would end up playing himself instead of the Joker the same way Nicholson did. My choices for the role would be Hugo Weaving, Paul Bettany or Paul Reubens in that order.

Jun 28 - 05:09 AM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

I still like Crispin Glover.

Jun 28 - 06:18 AM

Vega-Star

Jeremy Morris

[b]....[/b]
I don't know about Robin Williams. I think he could do it and all, but he's just not The Joker.

I agree with the aforementioned cartoon series Joker being the hands down best representation of the character (minus the murderous intent, most of his antics in the show only served as bait for Batman) But I actually want to see a wiry, awkward, freaky, psychotic killer when I look at a live Joker. I want to be afraid of him, and all due respect to the actor, Cillian Murphy just doesn't scare me. I agree with Tim Roth being a good candidate, but I just can't put a definite vote on such an immortal entity.

Jun 28 - 02:31 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

I kinda like Adrain Brody, since its more Joker before he becomes the full blown joker, or that whole transitional period backstory, someone more subdued and subtle may do a better job.

Jun 28 - 07:24 PM

sauronthegr8

Marc Weathersby

[b]Just Don't know...[/b]
Williams would be funny. But I hope they go darker and more realistic like the last one. Even though I loved Jack Nicholson's Joker, I think a more psychotic Joker would be apt. Williams could do it, acting wise, but I always thought of the Joker as a tall, thin guy. I'd love to see Tim Roth do this.

Jun 28 - 08:20 PM

cerebrix

Christian Williamson

adrian brody or mark hamill

mark is an amazing actor and for those that dont know, has been the voice of the animated joker for about 15 years now on and off. hamill's joker is my favorite joker of all time.

Jun 29 - 02:24 AM

ron777524

ron ron

Jesus Christ the Son of God didn't come to judge us but to save us from going to hell when we die.

The graphic reports of hell in the Holy Bible such as the abyss, the lake of fire, the blackest darkness, the weeping and gnashing of teeth, disclose the stark reality of a place eternally separated from the love of God. (Rev. 9:1-11) (Rev. 20:14) (Jude 13) (Matt. 25:30)

Because the Son of God flawlessly obeyed God?s moral law in our place, He is uniquely qualified to be our Savior. On the cross, Jesus Christ offered Himself to the Father(God) as a sinless sacrifice for sinners.

Jesus Christ took the punishment for our sins so that we can live forever in heaven when we die if we simply make him our personal Lord and Savior.

Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem, Israel about 2000 years ago and lived a sinless life for 33 years. He was beaten, crowned with thorns, nailed to a cross and then he died and was buried.

Three days later God raised him from the dead proving that he was who he claimed to be, the Son of God.

This historical event was witnessed by many people before Jesus Christ went back to heaven. (Acts 13:30-32)

You need to make Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Savior so that you will go to heaven instead of hell when you die.

The Holy Bible describes heaven as a beautiful place with no death, sickness, sorrow or pain. (Revelation 21:3-4)

Nobody knows exactly when they are going to die this is why you need to make Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Savior today.

You may die in a traffic accident or some other way before you get another chance to be saved.

The Holy Bible says "If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

Some people wrongly think that to make it to heaven you just have be as good a person as you can be.

If you would like God to forgive you so that you will go to heaven when you die just say a meaningful prayer like the one below and God will hear you and save you:

Dear Jesus Christ, I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior right now. Please forgive me of all my sins or things that I have done wrong in my life. I believe you are Lord and that God raised you from the dead. I thank-you for shedding your sinless blood and dying on the cross for my sins so that I can have a home in heaven. Amen.

If you just now made Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Savior you are now a true Christian and welcome to the family of God.

Now that you are saved you should strive to live a Godly life because now you represent Jesus Christ.

You should also find a church to attend on Sundays and if they say that you need to do more to go to heaven than what you have already done then leave and find a real Christian church in your area if possible.

I found this great Bible website where you can look-up the Bible verses that I used in this message.

www.blueletterbible.com - I listed below the Bible verses used in this message.

(Revelation 9:1-11)
(Revelation 20:14)
(Jude 13)
(Matthew 25:30)
(Acts 13:30-32)
(Revelation 21:3-4)
(Romans 10:9)

Have a great day!
Ron
inboxRLG@yahoo.com << my e-mail address

You may want to print this message because it might get deleted.

Just press the [Ctrl][P] keys simultaneously on your keyboard to print.

Jun 29 - 07:24 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

ron777524 put it best. I think we can all agree that Batman is Jesus. Thank you for that insight, ron.

Jun 29 - 11:54 AM

FILMCZY

First Last

Please no more "stunt casting" for Batman villains. On the other hand, if Nolan could persuade Jesus to...

Jun 29 - 01:09 PM

killermonkey822

Joe Chid

was that bible verse from ron777524 about batman because i find superman more jesus than i do batman

Jun 29 - 05:17 PM

nordak

Dakota Phillips

Hugo Weaving is definately my favorite out of all the names out there. Especially after seeing V for Vendetta.

Jun 29 - 07:58 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer