Natalie Portman Will Do Naked in Next Film

This one's for all you Portman pervs out there -- the erstwhile Queen Amidala is set to go fully nude in her upcoming pic "Goya's Ghosts," in which she plays the persecuted muse of Spanish painter Francisco Goya.

According to Page Six, Natalie Portman will appear sans clothing for the first time in her career in the biopic, much to the delight of legions of fanboys across the globe:
"Portman will play the artist's muse, who is accused of atheism and then stripped in a torture scene. Portman, 24, was shot naked in "Closer," but begged director Mike Nichols to edit it, and ended up dancing in a thong."

Thong-ed in "Closer," Portman's ready now for the full monty

"Ghosts" is directed by screen vet Milos Forman ("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," "Amadeus") and co-written by Forman and French writer extraordinaire Jean-Claude Carriere ("Belle du Jour," "The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie"). Starring alongside Portman in the period drama will be international all-stars Javier Bardem ("The Sea Inside"), Stellan Skarsgard ("Good Will Hunting"), and...Randy Quaid ("Kingpin")?

The synopsis:
"Goya's Ghosts is set in Spain between 1792 and 1809, a time of great political upheaval characterized by the Spanish Inquisition and the Napoleonic wars.
Bardem plays Brother Lorenzo, ruthless, both as Inquisitor and evolutionary. Portman is Goya's teenage muse, Ines, who becomes involved with Lorenzo when she is falsely accused and imprisoned for heresy. Skarsgard plays the Spanish painter Goya, through whose eyes we witness Forman's great epic."

Natalie Portman, tortured once again...now with the Spanish Inquisition!

The nude-Portman move seems a smart choice for all involved, as "Ghosts" is sure to lure lightsaber-wielding Paduans into buying tickets alongside the arty crowd coming for the multiple Oscar-nominated and -winning cast and crew. And Randy Quaid.

Comments

Azlam Orlandu

Azlam Orlandu

Let me be the first to say "Yay!"

Jul 11 - 02:05 PM

Aeneas&theBloodyOracl

j b

[b]... I feel so dirty...[/b]
I honestly felt all sicko watching the pery chick flick Beautiful Girls... what pedophile crap nonsense garbage. I knew her Countdown Clock was ticking... it's about to go off....
I was almost *ugh until she went all gansta rap on SNL.... anyone have that on mp3?

Jul 11 - 02:11 PM

Jesse Rodgers

Yessss.

Jul 11 - 02:43 PM

ndrage85

Brandon M

[b]Disappointed.[/b]
I'm actually disappointed to hear this. I like her, but i lose a certain amount of respect for an actress when she appears nude in a movie. I don't know what it is. I really have nothing against nudity, it just confuses me in hollywood. Actresses always seem to think that appearing nude makes them come off as more mature and ready for serious roles. To me it comes off as cheap. I think it's classy when an actress decides not to take her clothes off. Like Jessica Alba for example. She may appear in shitty movies and may not be the best actress in the world, but I respect her decision to not appear nude in her movies, even though the script has sometimes called for it. At least Portman's won't be some shock value scene where she appears nude for nudity's sake, or for some cheap sex scene. It's going to be for a harsh torture scene to recreate what happened. I hope none of you pervs get off on that...

Jul 11 - 03:10 PM

chosenone86

Harry Sparks

[b]No respect[/b]
It's not your place to question an actor's motives for appearing nude, whether it disappoints you are not. Likewise, it's not your place to decide what scene "you pervs get off on". If you respect Ms. Portman's decision to not appear nude in her movies, you should also respect her decision to appear nude in her movies as well.

Jul 12 - 06:00 AM

Flim Springfield

Robb P

I didn't think Natalie was one of those women we love because of her "hot bod", in fact, I don't think it's all that "hot". I thought we loved her because she seemed so smart and cool and, of course, cute.

If anything, Natalie Portman fans should be angry, that everyone is getting to see "their girlfriend" naked. ;)

Jul 11 - 05:06 PM

ck100

Chris Kubat

I get what you're saying, ndrage85, but nudity isn't necessarily a bad thing for an actress to do. Most actresses will only do nudity if it's tasteful, has a purpose to the story/character/plot, and doesn't feel gratuitious or exploitive. If the nudity fulfills one or more of these requirements, then the nudity is much more acceptable for an actress to do and she'll feel more comfortable with it. No matter if the nudity is tasteful or not there are going to be perverts out there getting off on it so it's not like the actress can do much about that. But at least the actress can feel good about it if she has some control over it.

Jul 11 - 05:09 PM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

First of all I find it sick that pervs will be getting off on that. I mean she is about to be friggen tortured! Thats a huge turn off. I hope Natalie doesn't feel uncomfortable because she is a great actress and I respect her greatly.

Jul 11 - 06:00 PM

darkmoore

Christopher Potter

Hey, why not get off on Natalie Portman strung up naked and tortured? It could be a decided turn-on whether or not all you alleged "pervs" out there are willing to admit it. I understand she's also naked in a subsequent scene in which she's chained in a prison cell -- and gets raped by evil Brother Lorenzo (Bardem). Heck, I'll admit I'm fascinated by the darkside erotic possibilities inherent in such shuddery sequences. Besides, Natalie's a big girl now -- she knows what she's doing. I for one am eager to see the finished product, provided the scenes aren't vetoed by Hollywood's puritanical Ratings Board!

Jul 11 - 07:37 PM

lavatory love machine

juan carlos petruchi

not so hot bod?

she's got a perfect butt

Jul 11 - 07:42 PM

Karl

John Locke

As the great Glen Quagmire would say "Heh heh, All Righhhtttt!!"

Jul 11 - 10:12 PM

digitalrelic

Jason Stieber

I read now that it was a mistake, and that she isn't going to be nude but they will use a body double instead...

Jul 12 - 02:52 AM

chosenone86

Harry Sparks

[b]No respect[/b]

Jul 12 - 06:00 AM

dax0761

Jason Blenner

[b]OLD NEWS[/b]
If she did not want to be naked in Closer why does she sunbathe topless on public beaches in Europe? Pictures have been on net for a couple of years. When an actor or actress poses nude they get grief.We are to up-tight in this country about sex and nudity. More power to her !

Jul 12 - 07:09 AM

sparky12789

Stephen Parker

acctually, Randy Quaid IS an Academy Award Nominee, for The Last Detail.

Jul 12 - 07:15 AM

renodc

Ryan Meals

Hopefully Randy Quaid won't be nude.

Jul 12 - 10:44 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I was already looking forward to this film and I'm definitely not going to complain if she finaly gets naked either, it is to bad that it's for a torture scene though. And yes DjMovieGoer Keira Knightly is definitely hotter.

Jul 12 - 11:03 AM

renodc

Ryan Meals

[b]Perv's Denied[/b]
Darkhorizons.com is reporting that Portman's agent has said that the scene in question was performed by a body double and not Natalie. That makes sense. I mean if she begged Nichols not to put the nude scene in Closer in which she depicts a character whose job is to strip, why would she turn around a year later and allow herself to be filmed nude in a torture scene.

Jul 12 - 11:11 AM

FILMCZY

First Last

I heard the same thing about her nude scenes in THE PROFESSIONAL.

Jul 12 - 12:57 PM

FILMCZY

First Last

I heard the same thing about her nude scenes in THE PROFESSIONAL.

Jul 12 - 12:57 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships