George Clooney Digs "Pet Sematary"?

Now here's a piece of news that's pretty cool, if only because I love horror movies and I've always dug George Clooney. Seems the movie star has been tagged to star in Paramount's remake of "Pet Sematary," which (of course) is based on the Stephen King novel of the same (misspelled) name.

From the amazing horror geeks at Bloody-Disgusting.com: "We've scored one hell of a juicy little morsel of news this afternoon and have 100% confirmed it as true... George Clooney, the bad ass mofo from Dusk Till Dawn, will in in talks to play a role in Paramount Pictures' remake of Stephen King's Pet Sematary!"

Click here for the rest of the report, which also mentions that the new screenplay comes from by Dave Kajganich, Mike Werb, and Michael Colleary.

Now give us a solid director and we'll be getting somewhere. (Hey wait, George Clooney's a movie director, too!)

And if they take the PG-13 route on this remake, I'll probably flip.

Comments

johnqpopcorn

S Carpenter

[b]Please...one day without news of a remake.[/b]
I'm a fan of Clooney. Of King. Of horror. But we don't need this one redone.

Aug 2 - 05:34 AM

Silver Snake

Leon Soma

Remakes, remakes remakes! More remakes!!! Haahahaha!!! Remakes anyone!!??!?!?!

F*ck Hollywood, seriously.

Aug 2 - 05:35 AM

poedude99

gerry clough

[b]remakes and why they are ok, especially as in this[/b]
Look at it as remaking the story or the screenplay.... they redo Shakespeare's plays, I say remake the screenplays every 20 years or so..... it's just a flick, it's only two hours-- you not like, you not go.... I'm going.

www.savagerun.com : free fiction and screenplays

Aug 2 - 05:42 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

[b]wow...[/b]
making a shakespeare play into a movie is NOT the same thing as remaking a movie made 15 years go. I have a great idea guys... let's remake this little indie flick i saw awhile back called Star Wars Episode III. This would be a great remake. yeah!

Aug 2 - 07:28 AM

pradeep55

pradeep narinesingh

This will suck ass big time.............................

Aug 2 - 05:44 AM

go fuck yourself diaper stain

Aug 2 - 12:25 PM

Stir

Mike Manzi

Not Happy...

A serious Clooney mis-step

Why not make a S.K. book that hasen't been done yet?

Aug 2 - 07:18 AM

alohajoe1007

joe hall

[b]Because dummy[/b]
Making a movie from a King novel that hasn't been done wouldn't be a remake now would it? In the new order all movies must be remakes or take offs on old (usually bad) tv shows. Oh Hollywood! not every tv show needs a movie and not every tv cum movie needs to be a stupid comedy. Get of you lazy ass and write something original and DON'T PAY ANYONE $20 mil.

Aug 2 - 08:12 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

[b]wow...[/b]

Aug 2 - 07:28 AM

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

What's this? A remake? Thank the lord, I haven't seen one of these since....Friday.

Aug 2 - 07:58 AM

elziard

elzeard bouffier

i know! remake a film that's just 15 years old?! is there an age limit or is this the filmmaking equivalent to pedophilia?

Aug 2 - 07:59 AM

poedude99

gerry clough

[b]i bet a shakespeare play was remade 15 times in 15[/b]
i bet shakespeare plays were remade 15 times in 15 years when they were released; those were continually re-performed... i just do not see that because one group of people reduced a story to a tangible form that it precludes another group of people from re-telling the same story and producing their own electronic tangible version of the source material, provided all copyright considerations are addressed. am i precluded from filming my own version of frankenstein? dracula? poe stories because other people have done them before?... 15-20 years is about right in terms of time.... for all i care remake the good films twice a year!

www.savagerun.com

Aug 2 - 08:00 AM

Silver Snake

Leon Soma

Your reasoning is weak in regards to Shakespeare. You can't compare the bard to Stephen King. King writes shlocky horror novels. Shakespeare's work is classic and deserves to be revisited time and again. None of King's work deserves the remake treatment. Hell, most of his novels never deserved to be films in the first place! Please stop insulting Shakespeare by comparing him to King.

Aug 2 - 08:22 AM

Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

I gotta side with poe here. This is just another adaptation of a novel, period. If they hire a lame-ass director and slap the movie together in a hurry, then yeah, it'll probably suck.

But if things go RIGHT, this could make for a damn good horror movie. I'm a big fan of Mary Harron's adaptation, but I see no problem with someone else taking a whack at the source material.

Aug 2 - 08:09 AM

alohajoe1007

joe hall

[b]Because dummy[/b]

Aug 2 - 08:12 AM

Silver Snake

Leon Soma

Aug 2 - 08:22 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

I'd rather see a re-make of Pet Sematary 2.

Aug 2 - 08:49 AM

Stir

Mike Manzi

Ha..ha..Where the hell is Eddie Furlong anyway?

There's really noting wrong with just making a "Pet Sematary 3"....
...the # at the end of a title is less painfull than a whole remake (for me)

Aug 2 - 10:30 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

How about we don't remake ANY King books whatsoever? Especially his horror library - the movies always suck. ALWAYS. I think Clooney is just yanking our chain. Why would he troll like this?

Aug 2 - 09:06 AM

horrorbetterthandrama

m a

your a fuckin troll so shutup nobody is making you see the movie you suck

Aug 2 - 09:28 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

You are a total moron. Congratulations, moron.

Aug 2 - 03:37 PM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

OMG are you kidding me? I would LOVE to see this done, ive been obsessed with that book AND movie. I saw it in the theatre when i was 8 years old, and it seriously f*cked me up in the head. Zelda haunted my dreams.... Im definitly interested.

Aug 2 - 09:17 AM

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

DO NOT make it PG13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this time, i want to hear evil Gage go off on a rant towards Jud before he kills him...

Aug 2 - 09:19 AM

horrorbetterthandrama

m a

your a fuckin troll so shutup nobody is making you see the movie you suck

Aug 2 - 09:28 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

You are a total moron. Congratulations, moron.

Aug 2 - 03:37 PM

pradeep55

pradeep narinesingh

kiss my ass

Aug 2 - 09:41 AM

horrorbetterthandrama

m a

go fuck yourself diaper stain

Aug 2 - 12:25 PM

South_park300

First Last

There are some good remakes out there, but COME ON. This remake stuff is just getting out of hand. Nearly every horror movie from 1989 and before are being remade. Why not remake the BAD ones? Leave the good ones alone.

I usually defend movies like crazy on here, and I know I don't have to see a movie I don't want to see. But there is a flood of these things, and it gets way too annoying.

Aug 2 - 09:41 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus