Box Office Wrapup: "Talladega Nights" Stays #1, "Step Up" Surprises

Summary

Despite a pair of newcomers close behind in its rearview mirror, Will Ferrell's hit comedy Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby finished in first place for the second consecutive weekend to retain its North American box office trophy. Back to Article

Comments

Mavtactic

Steven Allen

Not surprised for "Step Up" to take second place with that much money. Advertisement was all over the place and T.V.,too. But this weekend people wanted to go fast and I want to go fast lol.

Aug 14 - 08:22 AM

curtis

filmboy O'Bryant

I am happy for step up. I was a good movie.

Aug 14 - 09:00 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

That's complete crap that Step Up out did World Trade Center which was a good movie, hopefully it has long legs.

Aug 14 - 09:09 AM

daycare

chris mark

I am happy for step up also. After seeing that Kevin Smith liked the film on Ebert and Reoper, i went to see it yesterday, and it was pretty good. Way better than Take the Lead, Honey, Dirty Dancing 2 and Shall we Dance. It also has one of the best soundtrack this year. Just Like SAve the last dance. I knew it would do better than WTC. It was sould out and WTC was not.

Aug 14 - 10:04 AM

haelohm

Sean Collen

[b]WTC[/b]
will surpass Step Up next weekend by a huge margin as step up takes a huge hit and WTC holds extremely well.

Aug 14 - 11:36 AM

daycare

chris mark

Even if step up do not make anymore money. it has already made back what it cost to make. !2 million cost. 21 Million weekend.

Aug 14 - 03:10 PM

ConnorConnor

Connor Henshall

yeh step up did get a shitload of advertisement, I'm hearing preety mixed up reviews about Ricky bobby. I was going to go see it, but many have advised me that I wait till video so I think I will, in the mean time I'm gunna go check otu zoom

Aug 14 - 04:47 PM

haelohm

Sean Collen

[b]omg[/b]
you would rather see zoom that has a near ZERO rotten score over ricky bobby which is certified fresh!?! most ppl i know said it was pretty durn funny...

Aug 14 - 06:10 PM

sir_mcchris_the_pirate

Chris McCall

For the record Step Up sucked......might as well called it Save The Last Dance 2

Aug 14 - 09:10 PM

curtis

filmboy O'Bryant

90% good rating by Rt users. Number 2 in the boxoffice. Being called save the last dance 2. That means that this is a good movie. Save the last dance was a very good film. So you are saying theat step up was good also, if you are calling it save the last dance 2.

P.S It was Written by the same person who wrote save the last dance.

Aug 14 - 10:07 PM

sir_mcchris_the_pirate

Chris McCall

fuck you

Aug 15 - 05:20 PM

sir_mcchris_the_pirate

Chris McCall

fuck you

Aug 15 - 05:20 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup