Will Spielberg Return to Helm "Jurassic Park 4"?

Summary

Steven Spielberg has said several very flattering things about the work Joe Johnston did on "Jurassic Park 3," but recent chit-chat seems to indicate that S.S. might be interested in stepping back into the director's chair (if and when) "JP4" starts moving forward. Back to Article

Comments

Mikeal420

David Goldman

Man, had no idea there were so many AI haters out there, and yes it was far supieror to Jurrasic Park, but I guess I did exaggerate by calling it a masterpiece rather than just really good, but to me it represented a departure for Spielberg from his more mainstream, audience-friendly style, to the personal and in- depth style he employs today.

Also, the "Lost World" was awful, just awful. The effects were uninspired and the characters were boring, but then it wasn't nearly as bad as the book. J-3 only was an improvement because of that awsome Teridacto(I know the spelling is way off) scene.

Sep 19 - 07:30 PM

[b]AI is not even good[/b]
There is not one thing good about that crap movie. The story sucked, the actors sucked, the graphics sucked, everything about it was bad.

Sep 20 - 12:57 PM

ConnorConnor

Connor Henshall

Jurrasic park is one of my favs of the 90's. I know a lot of people say that a sequel should have never been made, but the first one left a lot of questions and a lot of doors open for a potentially great sequel. The ball just got dropped from all angles, the second book was terrible compared to the first, the characters were s**t, and actors who were involved with the first refused to come back for the second. I'm not going to try to justify why the third movie failed, it failed simply because it sucked. Despite the bad sequels however I still think this series could be brought back to life if tackled the right way. It would be cool to introduce some marine dinasaurs and if Speilberg decides to direct we all know how he handles man eating creatures who live in the ocean. Could be cool.

Sep 19 - 09:11 PM

Sully Snickers

Jeff Pritchett

Leave the dinosaurs alone steven please!!!!!Jurassic park was classic,lost world was just eye candy with obvious sequel giimmicks and 3 was like a jennifer lopez film but without jennifer lopez (excluding the cell ). SO PLEASE LEAVE THE RAPTORS AND THE T-REXS AND THE WAHTEVERSAURUS'S YOU HAVE HIDDEN UP YOUR SLEEVE ALONE. I DONT CARE ANYMORE!!!!

Sep 19 - 10:47 PM

randal1013

Randal 1013

the JP series is in the gutter, speilberg shouldn't sully his name by trying to revive it.

Sep 20 - 08:59 AM

GabrielOmassi

gab omassi

I like dinosaurs ever since I was a small kid watchin Jurassic Park.
I'll see it even if it is done in stop-motion.

Sep 20 - 09:34 AM

[b]AI is not even good[/b]

Sep 20 - 12:57 PM

Nathan Wells

You have got to be kidding me!! Get off your fanboy high of Serenity. The style alone of Minority Report puts it lightyears ahead of a story, that while orignal, could've easily been a TV movie of the week. POTC 1 or 2? Do you want any mustard to go with your hot dog? Minority Report has got brains to go with its braun. I can maybe agree with you on Spider-Man 2, but you'll have to keep going if you're going to spout out POTC 1 or 2 as being a better action film than Minority Report. Weak.

Sep 20 - 01:47 PM

andrew kruzel

Get off of your high horse. Minority Report was boring as all hell and i like a lot of boring movies. The action sucked, the story sucked, Tom Cruise is one of the worst actors of all time and there is nothing good about it. So yeas all the movies i named are 20 times better than Minority Report.

Sep 20 - 05:58 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

If he's on a high horse, then you're on one of apollos fucking stallions pulling his great chariot across the god damn sky.

You said once before that Minority Report was "ok", now you're saying it's the worst? Make up your fucking mind.

And tell me what in the hell is so great about Serenity that makes it so much better than every other sci-fi movie ever made? Just because it was written by Joss Whedon? Serenity was simply average. There was absolutley nothing about that film that made it stand out. Nothing.

Sep 21 - 05:56 AM

Nathan Wells

Great rebuttal there...I can really see your point when you say the movie "sucks." Is there a reason? Just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about and you like to agree with the masses. You're a follower, plain and simple. Somebody tells you Serenity is the greatest sci-fi of all time and you'll agree. You're brainwashed kid. Get your own perspective on things before you post ignorant replies like "it sucks because it has Tom Cruise."

Sep 21 - 06:18 AM

andrew kruzel

Dude you are the brainwashed one. Oh my god Tom Cruise is in Minority Report so it must be awesome. The story was bland and boring and dragged on and on and on, the acting was bland and bad, the action was mediocre, and that is that. So who is the follower now? The guy who listens to critics and thinks that Tom Cruise is a good actor or me who actually uses his brain. I proved why it was bad, you have yet to prove why it is so great and why Serenity which had better acting, better directing, better story, better action, better everything is wrose than that.

Sep 21 - 03:29 PM

Nathan Wells

You're not proving anything. I'm not biased towards Tom Cruise like other people. The dude is definitely been nutty the past year. But that movie had style over substance. He shows what a good actor he can actually be. Minority Report was a spawn of Spielberg's talents at the time. If I said it was a Spielberg movie, would you get off your Cruise bashing...think outside the box. He was channeling Kubrick in most of his scenes (one thing A.I. contributed to). The visuals were above and beyond what Serenity put on screen. Yes, the budgets were a hell of lot different. I know that, but the sequences in Minority Report brought excitement, while also taking the time to have a thought in its brain. The entire spider sequence, the eerie abandoned hotel room with the eye surgery (Peter Stormare was excellent), the jetpack fight in the street, and Colin Farrel providing almost an equal to Tom Cruise in every scene...not to mention the movie was extremely original (in that I mean we haven't quite seen a story like that before). What more do you want me to add? How bout the lighting provided the perfect futuristic feel...Samantha Morton gave a subdued, yet unnoticed Oscar deserving performance, the special effects were top notch, the story never got too convoluted that you became lost, and there was an emotional impact not present in most action films. It was evident Serenity was a product of Star Wars, a bunch of space cowboys. I'm still perplexed at what you actually proved. You'd probably tell me The Rock or Armageddon were better action movies...oh wait, people on here hate Michael Bay so you would definitely not think that. Why don't you make up your mind for once. I know it's tough, but pop in Serenity again (probably never even seen the movie) and come up with a valid argument.

Sep 21 - 06:31 PM

andrew kruzel

You proved one of my points, Serenity did not have the same budget yet it surpassed it greatly. There was really nothing special about it.

PS. I actually liked The Rock, that was pretty good for when it came out. There is one line in it that i love i cant quite remember it but it is something like: "Losers always complain about trying their best while the winners go screw the prom queen. Well ... was the prom queen." I love that line.

Sep 21 - 11:02 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

You havn't even proved why Serenity was good. Most of the sets on Serenity looked like they came straight from a tv show. The story was as cliche as cliche can be. Some of the characters were actually not that great due to their sub-par acting abilities. I'v never seen firefly, but after watching serenity i can see why it was canned. There is really nothing at all special about it.

Sep 21 - 08:09 PM

andrew kruzel

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that is funny because the sets on Serenity looked then times better then those of Minority Report. And if you want a cliche story look at Minority Report. It was so obvious and so bad that it was not even funny.

Sep 21 - 11:04 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Well it's obvious you're going to remain a prick for the rest of your life, so i guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. You obviously enjoy controdicting yourself far too much to notice that your head is shoved absurdly far up your ass.

You go beat off to your Joss Whedon directors commentary on Serenity and hear him explain how un-original his movie. Because as you said, there are (not) 50 other movies exactly like Minority Report.

Sep 22 - 02:08 AM

Nathan Wells

Hahahaha...I'm glad somebody else also sees through his ignorance.

Sep 22 - 05:32 AM

andrew kruzel

You know what is funny is that you think that i love Josh Whedon when i just like his movie. You on the other hand just loves Minority Report even though you have yet to prove anything good about it. So remain a fluffer for Speilberg and continue to love a really bad movie that has nothing redeemable about it. I am still waiting for you to give me one movie that is exactly like Serenity and proves that it is un-original. Because if you honestly think a movie about a cop trying to prove that his boss is corrupt is original then that means you have never seen any movies before.

Sep 22 - 01:47 PM

Captain Future1

yo moma

[b]Connor Connor[/b]
You're definitely right they should include some marine monsters like the liopluerodon.

Sep 20 - 01:49 PM

ndjarnag

nathan jarnagin

Jurassic Park = Best Movie Ever ?

Sep 20 - 04:17 PM

Aqueryan Reloaded

Andrew Bosma

Serenity was a thoroughly enjoyable film, although it's much more a western in space than a true sci-fi pic.

And yeah, okay....like POTC2 didn't suck worse than I don't know what. What a turd of a film. I wouldn't call The Lost World a great film by any stretch...but it sure wasn't as bloated and fetid as Dead Man's Chest. (Note: I did think the first one was a hoot.) I do, however, concur w/ the Spidey films, BB and X2.

Sep 20 - 05:28 PM

Sep 21 - 08:09 PM

Sep 21 - 11:04 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Sep 22 - 02:08 AM

Nathan Wells

Hahahaha...I'm glad somebody else also sees through his ignorance.

Sep 22 - 05:32 AM

Sep 22 - 01:47 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

jurassic park is a great movie,the lost word was okay,jurassic park 3 was one of the most dissapointing movies of 2001...........if you ask me jurassic park itself should just be one movie, why do we need all these sequels!

Sep 20 - 08:16 PM

phill01

First Last

"That says it all, the original poster does not know what he is talking about. AI is the worst Kubrick movie, just barely nudging out Eyes Wide Shut. Oh and AI had the worst actor of all time, Haley Joel Osment"

Naturally we should all assume that you know what your talking about- you dickhead

Haley joel the worst actor OF ALL TIME?? what an uninformed comment

Sep 21 - 12:44 AM

andrew kruzel

I think a dead baby can act better than that kid. Hell even Tom Cruise is a better actor and he sucks. Little nerd, get a life.

Sep 21 - 01:45 AM

Sep 21 - 08:09 PM

Sep 21 - 11:04 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Sep 22 - 02:08 AM

Nathan Wells

Hahahaha...I'm glad somebody else also sees through his ignorance.

Sep 22 - 05:32 AM

Sep 22 - 01:47 PM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

[b]T-Rex in Baghdad[/b]
I liked the rumor early (about a 1 & 1/2 years ago) that the military would be using dinosaurs as ground forces. Lol! It could be like "Munich" meets "JP." George Bush sends velociraptor into Iraq to combat enemy combatents... with a truck-load of compies... hmm. I can see it now!

Sep 21 - 12:27 PM

Sep 21 - 03:29 PM

Sep 21 - 06:31 PM

Sep 21 - 11:02 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Sep 21 - 08:09 PM

Sep 21 - 11:04 PM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Sep 22 - 02:08 AM

Nathan Wells

Hahahaha...I'm glad somebody else also sees through his ignorance.

Sep 22 - 05:32 AM

Sep 22 - 01:47 PM

jeanpaul

solomon sassoon

[b]EXTINCTION.[/b]
There was earlier talk among some circles, that the Dinosaurs created and bred at Isla Nublar and Sorna, start to die due to the illness, which apparently the scientists who re-engineered the Dinos themselves-- had mistakingly, brought back into existence, when they mastered the DNA codes, and re-created the Dinos... So, in short; the Dinos are in the process of being RE-EXTICNCT, if you want.

There as slight and minor clues to this illness affecting the Dinos in JP-1, by the way, when you see Luara Dern's character, examining the ill Tricertops (and the reason for the illness is NOT clearly given...)--

Now, if that illness affecting the Dinos, catches up with HUMANS also... By bringing back the Dinosaurs, has MANKIND brought upon itself it's OWN EXTINCTION--- together with the REPEATED extinction of that of the Dinosaurs?

If such is the premise of JURASSIC PARCK 4-- I can certainly imagine Steven Spielberg being interested in doing it, and his reasons for considering it... This storyline, whoever thought of it is quite engaing and interesting...

Anyway, if Spielberg does do it-- I hope he put MUCH MORE HEART in it than he did in THE LOST WORLD.

And YES~ once and for all; JURASSIC PARK 3 was WA-AA--AA--AAY better than that crap which is "JP2: the Lost World". NO doubt about that in any logical mind.

Sep 21 - 04:36 PM

Sep 21 - 06:31 PM

Sep 21 - 11:02 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies