The Nolan Brothers Discuss "The Dark Knight"

When "The Dark Knight" ultimately hits theaters, it'll most likely come with credits that read: Story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer, Screenplay by Jonathan Nolan. How that arrangement came about is the subject of conversation at IGN FilmForce.

From Creative Screenwriting magazine, by way of IGNFF: ""When ["Batman Begins" co-screenwriter] David Goyer and I sat down about a year ago to hammer out the story treatment for another Batman, he was going off to direct a film ["The Invisible"] and I was going off to direct a film ["The Prestige"], Chris Nolan recalls in the Sept./Oct. issue of Creative Screenwriting magazine.

He continued, "Jonah seemed the most obvious choice for someone to crack on the script and see if our story held any water. You sit there with your cue cards [note cards], but till you have to write a screenplay you never actually know what you've got. So we pulled the pin and tossed the grenade."

Click here
for the rest of the article.

Comments

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

[b]wow...[/b]
This article didn't really tell us anything... but i'm so excited!

Sep 26 - 06:06 AM

FierceNate

Nate Brutel

[b]interesting[/b]
Nothing new here. But some nice behind the scenes info is always appreciated. Little surprised that IGN got the info first though. They usually aren't on top of movie news.

Sep 26 - 07:38 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]WHO CARES!!!![/b]
Just bring us 300!!!

MADNESS?????..... THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

Sep 26 - 09:36 AM

Mikeal420

David Goldman

curious trivia I probably would not have heard untill the DVD.

I wonder what would happen if the Coen Brothers and the Nolan Brothers teamed up to make this film?? Batman would be interesting set to a hillbilly soundtrack

Sep 26 - 02:52 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

Goyer's track record is mixed thus far. Let's hope he can make this film amazing. If not, I'm sure the Nolan's will cover up his mistakes.

Sep 26 - 07:45 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Goyer's done more good than bad, and I trust Nolan fully with Batman. He brought my favorite comic book mythology back to life after those other clowns did their best to destroy it.

Sep 29 - 07:41 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Sep 29 - 07:41 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office