"Transformers" Production Winding Down

Summary

The main unit shooting is just about to wind down on Michael Bay's "Transformers" flick, and producer Don Murphy has the semi-interesting news posted on his own message board. Elsewhere, screenwriter John Rogers talks about some of the changes made to the initial screenplay. Back to Article

Comments

jo2

jo slash

well for me, i think transformers the movie would really hit big time. Aside from being a optimus prime fan, I also love the works of michael bay namely, movies like the rock and armaggedon. the truth is also, I expect much of this movie. From the effects down to the musical scoring. I just hope it wont turn me down.

Sep 28 - 09:10 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

it's going to be bad. no way around this one... any movie that starts out with the mars rover getting messed up by some robots on mars is going to be bad. I saw the trailer twice in the theater for two different movies, and each time most of the audience was laughing.

so basically i can't wait to see it.

Sep 28 - 11:58 AM

karle

Tim Stack II

[b]ROFL[/b]
What's funny is that that isn't even a scene from the movie.

Sep 28 - 06:04 PM

jo slash

Amen to you.... coz if you really think of it predicting if this movie comes or expects to have a sequel, percentage shows that nothing beats the original.

Sep 28 - 10:08 PM

cgcbooks

Robert Kimberlin

Is there really anything wrong with cheese?

Sep 28 - 03:08 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]It will only be bad for people that want it to be[/b]
Most of Bay's films are somewhat watchable. Big eye candy, big explosions and of course the standard half-assed way he introduces the 15 main characters and the rise of the dark/evil/crimminal/ and/or piece of space rock antagonist in 10 minutes of loosely connected cut scenes.

I can't say I've ever watched one of his movies that I truly hated. He's no spielberg, but I'm willing to give him a chance instead of being a "prophetic lemming" who condemns the movie before it's even screened.

Sep 28 - 03:40 PM

Matanuki .

I'll tell ya, baby, I'm one of them "prophetic lemmings". But truth be told, I'd love to see a great Transformers film. I talk a lot of crap about it, but it's a labor of love. And I want more than anything to see this movie work. That's why I'm so worried. For a kid that didn't have much, The Transformers was a definite hallmark of my childhood. I don't want to see it destroyed.
And with all the people dying (I just lost a friend in a car accident), I'm thinking a lot about mortality. And it would be nice to see The Transformers I love respectably portrayed on the big screen before I take the big sleep.
Not even trying to be melodramatic, but I take movies very seriously (I"m a writer myself, after all), and so this is more than just another action movie for me. It's a battle between the validation vs. the desectration of my beloved childhood.

Sep 29 - 05:47 PM

jo slash

Hey, first of all i just like to say Im really sorry about your friend. However I myself is a big transformers fan too. I wanted it to be a big hit when it comes out. I think it will all boils down to the story line cos for sure the effects will be a blast in this one. I just hope it would not dissappoint me like what superman return did. Having a super boy? COMMON!!!!!

Sep 29 - 11:11 PM

Matanuki .

Yeah, that Super Boy twist did blow a bit. But we'll have to see about Transformers. It doesn't look too promising, which depresses me some. But like I said, we'll see.

Sep 30 - 12:51 AM

karle

Tim Stack II

[b]ROFL[/b]
What's funny is that that isn't even a scene from the movie.

Sep 28 - 06:04 PM

Sep 28 - 10:08 PM

jo slash

In fairness of Mr. Bay, correct me if Im wrong I think this is the first time he made a movie from a cartoon series and in regards to his style of directing, let me just say this " Its not boring ".

Sep 28 - 10:03 PM

Sep 28 - 10:08 PM

Paul_Is_Drunk

Paul Andersen

Where do Michael Bay fans come from?

No, seriously. Where? I don't get this. Does Uwe Bowl have defenders, too? Is this a sign of the apocalypse? Wha... what movie that Michael Bay made could possibly lead you to think, "You know, this guy is underrated?"

I... I need medicine. Gimme my ganja brownies now filthy assistants!

Sep 28 - 10:25 PM

jo slash

Yeah I like his work so far but Im not a fan. Im just giving the guy a break here. And if you say he is underrated then he might be but come on man, the stars in his movies are not and I dont think they just go to a certain role or movie and the director is underrated.

Sep 28 - 10:35 PM

Sep 28 - 10:35 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]does he have add?[/b]
I think he has add or something because his movies have very short cuts. His last movie is made in a very similar style, only difference is that that movie look like a 2 hour adidas commercial. However, he sure knows how to make action scenes look nice and that is what transformers are all about.

Sep 28 - 10:44 PM

jo slash

That really is right. Thats why I say that his style of directing is not boring cos he really knows how to create an action scene. And again your right, that what transformers is all about. I think also why we see his movies are short because his films are fast paced. The Island for example, I saw it twice and yeah I find it short but it was full intense action packed movie. And lastly, transformer doesnt need to be a 3 hr movie. Its crazy....

Sep 28 - 11:55 PM

gerke

gerke kleinsmit

[b]bay thanks for nothing[/b]
so, it winding down that can only mean that the designs we''ve seen of the transformers and that bumblething are for real. crap is the first thing that comes to mind. will this movie fit in the same category as the godfather, casablanca or will it hump with godzilla and the hulk.

what can bay possibly do next: the gobots, gi joe, carebears or my little pony??

Sep 29 - 05:20 AM

Matanuki .

I wouldn't give him ideas.

Sep 29 - 07:05 AM

southfrisco

Dan Huck

[b]The Shortcake[/b]
No, I think his next franchise is the Strawberry Shortcake Chronicles. A three part actioner franchise. It will be filled with robots, explosions, big strawberries and a cameo by Michael Clarke Duncan who will give Mr. Bay a career ending sendoff. I can't wait!

Oct 3 - 06:39 PM

Matanuki .

I wouldn't give him ideas.

Sep 29 - 07:05 AM

Sep 29 - 05:47 PM

Sep 29 - 11:11 PM

Sep 30 - 12:51 AM

Sep 29 - 11:11 PM

Sep 30 - 12:51 AM

Sep 30 - 12:51 AM

jo slash

What I really wanna see also in transformers is, how many characters does Bay gonna put into this movie? considering this is the first one.

Sep 30 - 08:41 AM

Aampology21

Aamp Townsend

[b]Tru issues[/b]
I haven't posted in very long while, but Bay is probably one of the most intense action directors of this decade and last. I will admit the that sumtimes the plots and writting can be a bit cheesy, but come on his action scenes rare gold and he should do a desent job directing.

Sep 30 - 11:17 AM

Let's hope you're right.

Sep 30 - 11:20 AM

mrdanny

danny hannon

You're not kidding!!! for anyone who doubts the quaility of Michael Bays action potential..... check out the highway chase scene in "The Island". (and ,if possible, watch it with a decent 5.1 system) One of the best action scenes I've scene in a while!!

Sep 30 - 06:21 PM

Matanuki .

Micheal Bay is also good at capturing patriotism. That and strong action are both great for Transformers, but the film will rise or fall on the quality of the story. Because Transformers has got to have a strong story. It can't just be robots running around destroying things. Transformers: The Movie was powerful. You cared about the characters. You cried with the Autobots when Prime went gray and died. Your mouth fell open in disbelief when Galvatron blew Starscream to bits, and you were angry when Wheeljack's corpse was found a lifeless scrap pile on the battlefield. I want a strong story for The Transformers film. The franchise deserves no less.

Oct 1 - 08:48 AM

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>