"Transformers" Music, Optimus Prime Headshot, and More Set Photos Emerge

Cinematical has a nice roundup of various "Transformers"-related happenings from around the web, including news on the theme song, a first look at Optimus Prime's head, and a photo from the set!

The piece tidily wraps up all the latest "Transformers" news from around the web, starting with Seibertron.com's word that Stan Bush, who sang "The Touch" in the animated "Transformers Movie," is hard at work in the studio, pounding out the theme song for the new movie. He says it will be done within a month. (Movie buffs will also recall that "The Touch" was also utilized, to tragicomic effect, by Mark Wahlberg in "Boogie Nights.")

Also, TFW2005 has a first look at the dome of Autobot leader Optimus Prime. The head and shoulder displayed is simply a model, and the picture looks like it was taken in a parking lot somewhere. Sweet!

Finally, Ain't It Cool News has a photo from the "Transformers" set, showing sparks flying and people cowering in fear, as they should when rival forces of alien robots do battle against one another on Earth.

The film, slated for release on July 4, 2007, stars Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, John Turturro, Tyrese Gibson, and Dane Cook, and is directed by Michael Bay.

Comments

CartoonWorldVGM

Brandon Adams

[b]Hmm...[/b]
Interesting to say the least. I still think that this movie will be awesome, flames on Optimus Prime or not.

Oct 12 - 07:12 AM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

Need to fix the Cinematical hyperlink.

Oct 12 - 07:14 AM

h-town24

frank ford

Sweet!!!

Oct 12 - 07:29 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

yeah now I'm excited!

One of my fav part was the music, especially when I heard you got the touch! And saw Hot Rob becoming Rodimus Prime. Oh you know I'm going to be blasting that song in my car now all the way up to the release of the movie now!

"YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWER!!!"

Oct 12 - 08:55 AM

StrikeFalcon

Eli Ebb

actually the first time we hear the song in the animated feature was when Optimus transforms into vehicle mode and starts running down decpticons! Best sequence in the whole movie!

Oct 12 - 11:22 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

oh yeah that was kinda the point I was trying to make! Cuz I'm at work sometimes I have to type fast before the boss catches me! But I love how that song ties everything together in the movie! I was so sad when I saw Optimus die, but when you hear the song again it was a throw back to Optimus kinda like the torch was passed on and there is no reason to be sad because maybe thats how Optimus Prime became the leader someone before him had to die, such a wonderful experince as a child to realize and see the cycle of life.

So take that all you mutha effeing nay sayers who say it was just one long toy commercial!

Oct 12 - 12:48 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

The question is, will Michael Bay's film have the same kind of resonance? If Bay focuses too much on the human element, which is how it looks like it's going so far, then probably not. I want to be wrong. I'm exactly like you guys when you talk about how moved you were by 'Tranformers: The Movie', but I am highly skeptical of Bay's production. We'll see, I guess.

Oct 12 - 01:14 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

Oct 12 - 12:48 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Oct 12 - 01:14 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Oct 12 - 01:14 PM

ouryan2003

ryan mcafee

Yeah I was lucky enough to be an extra in one of the scenes and it looks like its going to be an awesome movie

Oct 12 - 03:37 PM

medicineman

Kim Hutton

When I first heard that Transformers was going to be a live action movie, (well, as far CGI moves go) I felt the same "They got to be kidding!" way I did when I first heard that Pirates of the Caribbean was going to be a movie. Then when it was announced that Johnny Depp would be in it, I thought "Well, it may work". Michael Bay doesn?t instil the same confidence that Johnny Depp did with Pirates before it came out, so as Han Solo would say "I have a bad feeling about this." If they don?t get the FX and look of the Transformers just right, this is going to look as cheesy as the Power Rangers, which will no doubt be Michael Bay?s next movie if he screws up Transformers.

Oct 12 - 05:58 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Naw, Michael Bay will pick something else that we love to shit on for his next film.

Oct 12 - 06:12 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Oct 12 - 06:12 PM

alsanali

Alsan Ali

Are they gonna put Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid" in like the animated movie?

Cuz that would be the only thing that could save it.

Oct 13 - 12:47 AM

gerke

gerke kleinsmit

[b]got a little credit back[/b]
does anybody now if that scarphonak thing will be in it, cus it really looks cool. also the helicopter looks good but i still can't see why bay did f*** up optimus and megatron (it looks like something xzibit and the pimp crew made fight sonic the hedgehog)

also starscream looks like a monkey, why?

Oct 13 - 02:47 AM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

I think it would be a great idea if Bay attaches the first real trailer to the 20th ann. Transformers the movie DVD release! I know there will be some stuff on Bays TF movie but a trailer would be awesome! BTW I'm so getting that DVD!

Oct 13 - 08:58 AM

billybeaver

billy beaver

[b]what about starscreen[/b]
If megatron is a jet what the hell is starscreen going to be a volkswagon.

Oct 20 - 10:04 PM

Dormammu

Tyler Smith

[b]Some light before the tunnel[/b]
Please Enjoy some eye candy
[url=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115458] ENJOY! [/url]

D~Out!

Nov 24 - 10:25 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast