"Matrix" Makers to Helm "Speed Racer" Flick

The Wachowski Brothers have been attached to a big-screen version of "Speed Racer" for quite some time, and now it finally looks like the project is moving forward. And the brothers will apparently direct, not produce, the flick. Cool.

From IGN Movies & The Hollywood Reporter: "Producer Joel Silver today confirmed a report that appeared on IGN last June, linking filmmaking brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski ("The Matrix") to the forthcoming live-action "Speed Racer" movie.

Silver told the Hollywood Reporter that the movie, which the Wachowskis are writing and directing, will be family-friendly. "They wanted to do something that could appeal to everybody," Silver said.

He added that they are designing the look of the film as they write the script. "They are approaching these racing scenes in a way you've never seen before," said Silver."

Click here for the full report.

Comments

Kid_Ikarus

Josh Thornton

[b]YESSSSSSS!!![/b]
hahahahahaha NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH,
(*shrill, orgasmic voice*)"GOOOOO SPEEEEEEEED!"

Nov 3 - 09:58 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

I have never seen an episode of Speed Racer and had no interest in the movie. Now with the Wachowski brothers directing that may change.

Nov 3 - 10:14 AM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

Will Hugo Weaving be Racer X?

Nov 3 - 10:25 AM

FILMCZY

First Last

I'll go if Trixie and Chim Chim are romantically linked...

Nov 3 - 10:29 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

They have to include the line..."But I did save on my car insurance by switching to Geico."....in slow-motion with bullets grazing past their heads.

Nov 3 - 10:50 AM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

LOL, I love that commercial! Slow motion bullets would be the perfect addition to it.

As for the movie, I'd think I may see it. I've never seen any of the "Matrix" films, but I absolutely [i]LOVED[/i] "V for Vendetta." It's one of my top ten favorite movies of all time.

Nov 3 - 11:06 AM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

Nov 3 - 11:06 AM

245_trioxin

thomas carter

"SPEED YOU MUSTN'T ENTER THE RACE! OHHHHHH!"

thomas of the living dead

Nov 3 - 12:12 PM

rustdog

Rusty Baldwin

So this movie will be a comedy?

Nov 3 - 12:20 PM

S0BeURself

Mark Lopez

[b]not so sure bout this[/b]
last time we were told by the wachowski's we were "going to see something we've never seen before," we got the lame ass cgi for Agent Smith 2.0. V for Vendetta restored much of my lost faith in those guys, but I'm stilll not going to buy into the hype just yet.

Nov 3 - 12:45 PM

PatriciaSwifft

Patricia Swifft

[b]EXACTLY !!![/b]
There is nothing exciting about watching a car crash in bulletime, it's ridiculous. The entire Premise is senseless. definitely a kiddy movie. I thought the Wachowski's were concerned about global issues, they've sold out, they betrayed they're audience just like they betray people that help them. Notice after their only real Original film they've done nothing truly original ? They're good at copying and making a little better, but even the Matrix was a stolen story, according to some black lady, Sophia Stewart.

And, what about that guy, Sxean LeeDavid or whatever his name is, as writer for a movie supposedly in-development or in consideration status with the Wachowski/Silver team ? Why don't they get that movie made, besides from what I've read they owe that guy the opportunity.

The Wachowski's come across as selfish greedy godless people.

Nov 4 - 01:31 PM

bodymassagemachinego

Kevin Munz

*sigh*

Nov 4 - 01:39 PM

Cindy_Lou_Who

Cindy Granger

Patrcia, you said: "The Wachowski's come across as selfish greedy godless people. That will take any idea or content and make it their own for the sake of their own greedy needs and desires."

My question to you is "And the Wachowskis are different from the rest of Hollywood because ... ?"

Nov 6 - 11:43 AM

boink8887

john puruntong

[b]tsk[/b]
way to rape my childhood again

Nov 3 - 03:52 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

okay the show is funny.......no wait the show isn't funny, it's halerious.......but a live aciton movie...........i dunno about that.............lol and that would be awesome if hugo weaving was racer X.

Nov 3 - 04:23 PM

agentjames007

joe fisher

It could be fun

Nov 3 - 04:26 PM

Edge of Gertmorrow

Mark Wahlberg

You are the one Speed.....

Nov 3 - 06:40 PM

antickpix

Varun Rajiv

are they still the wachowski 'brothers'?

Nov 4 - 12:58 AM

Elixir

Birdy Man

the Wachowski brothers are freaking brilliant, some of the best film makers in hollywood today. even though i cant imagine what a live action Speed racer could be like, i have faith they will bring something completely new and fresh.

Nov 4 - 01:03 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

[b]Here he comes... he's a demon on wheels![/b]
"Why if I didn't believe you, I would say it was 'unbelievable'!"

Lose that kind of dialogue and they lose the heart of the source. Keep it goofy, guys.

I wonder if Don Davis will face off against any other techno band...

Nov 4 - 06:23 AM

haelohm

Sean Collen

[b]hey[/b]
Don Davis' score the Matrix Revolutions was one of the best scores released that year!

Nov 4 - 07:33 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

Hells to the yeah! No doubt about it. But his relations with techno DJs seems bipolar. First it's "and", then it's "vs." Kiss and make up, Don! :D

Nov 4 - 08:14 AM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

Nov 4 - 08:14 AM

PatriciaSwifft

Patricia Swifft

[b]Dissappointed !! Why another car Racing flick....B[/b]
Oh why the Wachowski's doing such a bad Anime. I watched Speed Racer and it's ridiculous for the times we live in. Actually, it's irresponsible for them to make this movie. With the War in Iraq for the sake of controlling the Oil resources there, Global Warming caused by Automobile Emissions, etc,... it just doesn't make sense. And, Whatever happened to thier movie , "The Axis" or "Dreamscapesaxis" ...here http://www.dreamscapesaxis.com it says the movie still is in-development ? I was looking forward to this movie not some boring race car movie. Bullet-Time car crashes ? Boring, no matter how you try to add meaning or significance to such a movie,..the entire premise of racing is dumb to begin with in these times.

I say Joel Silver please take "DreamScapesAxis" off the shelf and start production.

Nov 4 - 01:17 PM

Bane Of Anubis

C M

Are you for real.... God, I hope not...

Nov 6 - 01:45 PM

PatriciaSwifft

Patricia Swifft

[b]EXACTLY !!![/b]

The Wachowski's come across as selfish greedy godless people.

Nov 4 - 01:31 PM

bodymassagemachinego

Kevin Munz

*sigh*

Nov 4 - 01:39 PM

Cindy_Lou_Who

Cindy Granger

Nov 6 - 11:43 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel